New Book re the Carrera -- "The Race Never Stops"

Mine had to arrive on 30th of October and it was lost by Amazon… 😒… They sent a new one, and it’s planned for 20th of November 🤔

Oh no.

Mine is supposed to be delivered today. No sign of it yet though
Amazon just delivered, you'll get it too within today I'm sure.

Got mine too now. Very heavy book! Nice to see all the 2023 releases in there too. But it'll be out of date in a month or two 😉

Got mine too now. Very heavy book! Nice to see all the 2023 releases in there too. But it'll be out of date in a month or two 😉
But it doesn't have all the 2023 releases, it's already out of date.

I believe it's missing at least 4.

But it doesn't have all the 2023 releases, it's already out of date.

I believe it's missing at least 4.
Really? Which ones are they?

Honestly speaking, and this is just my preference here, I think the book could have left out all the modern 3-hand Carreras and just focused on chronograph models.

I am loving some of the high-quality full page photos throughout the book. The CS3110 for example, and the original 2447s. They're really well captured. Makes me want to put my CS3110 on right now, I shall probably wear it tomorrow 😀

Really? Which ones are they?
The France Edition, CC, Ikuzawa and 18k gold glassbox (1158chn tribute) were the 4 that I immediately noticed were missing.

In thinking about it more, also missing are the Saudi Arabia LE, Japan blue mother of pearl LE, and Year of the Tiger Chronograph. I've only skimmed the book, so there might be others, and that's just 2023.

Let us know if we can buy it, seems like a great collectible
I was told the box set isn't for sale to the general public. I guess they're reserved for VIPs.

The TAG Heuer Carrera Skipper and Plasma are the last two Carreras in the book. Publication, logistics and embargo dates are probably the reason for this 😉

I agree, All the 60th Anniversary (2023) releases of the Carrera should have been included in the book 👍

The TAG Heuer Carrera Skipper and Plasma are the last two Carreras in the book. Publication, logistics and embargo dates are probably the reason for this 😉

I agree, All the 60th Anniversary (2023) releases of the Carrera should have been included in the book 👍
I suppose it would always be tricky deciding on which of their 2023 releases to include in the book. However, some omissions seem more random.

While the Skipper and Plasma are the last two listed, the Porsche 911 Chronosprint is actually the latest release pictured in the book. It was released in early September. However, most of the missing pieces I mentioned, except for the Team Ikuzawa and Gold Glassbox, were released prior to the Porsche Chronosprint. So I don't think the timing of embargo dates was the primary reason for their exclusion.

Also, I just remembered that the Green Carrera Sport and 36mm Ladies Plasma (with pink accents) are also missing. Odd that they'd include the Men's Plasma but the not the Ladies, since they debuted together at Watches & Wonders.

In addition, I noticed that while the stainless steel Ronnie Peterson is listed in 2017, the gold version is not. Probably there could be others missing from previous years.

I'm sure once @Aquagraph receives his book and starts comparing against his COCO records he'll find other stuff. I'm just going by memory.

I suppose it would always be tricky deciding on which of their 2023 releases to include in the book. However, some omissions seem more random.

While the Skipper and Plasma are the last two listed, the Porsche 911 Chronosprint is actually the latest release pictured in the book. It was released in early September. However, most of the missing pieces I mentioned, except for the Team Ikuzawa and Gold Glassbox, were released prior to the Porsche Chronosprint. So I don't think the timing of embargo dates was the primary reason for their exclusion.

Also, I just remembered that the Green Carrera Sport and 36mm Ladies Plasma (with pink accents) are also missing. Odd that they'd include the Men's Plasma but the not the Ladies, since they debuted together at Watches & Wonders.

In addition, I noticed that while the stainless steel Ronnie Peterson is listed in 2017, the gold version is not. Probably there could be others missing from previous years.

I'm sure once @Aquagraph receives his book and starts comparing against his COCO records he'll find other stuff. I'm just going by memory.

Your memory is legendary, @Mspeedster! 👍

Your memory is legendary, @Mspeedster! 👍
Thanks. It works for certain things, other things not so much. My wife says I have a terrible memory! LOL
Don’t remember the reference number, but given that the 80 isn’t red and the subdials appear black, it probably is a picture of one of the last variants (silver dial with black subdials not anthracite).
Had a chance to look for the reference number. The one pictured may be CV211E.
Now that I've had a chance to look at the book, I can see that CV211E is illustrated with a light silver dial. The shade used on the JH80 is darker, so probably @bjoernaltmann just forgot to make the 80 red.

I also noticed that the Chronosprint is illustrated with the black swirl stripe on the outer timing scale (as seen on the early draft), which was not used on the production models. Yet they have the production's TH Carrera font, rather than Porsche's script font (seen on the draft & protos).
Edited:

Amazing memory and very clever I would say 👍 Sir @Mspeedster always have a knack for the little details which we all love and would learn something more and more each day 😉

The Porsche Carrera Chronosprint, although released later in the year than the TAG Heuer Skipper and Plasma, was I think already planned and in the pipeline. TAG Heuer and Porsche were probably waiting for the month of September for the actual launch which coincide with the 60th celebration & festivities 📖

Amazing memory and very clever I would say 👍 Sir @Mspeedster always have a knack for the little details which we all love and would learn something more and more each day 😉

The Porsche Carrera Chronosprint, although released later in the year than the TAG Heuer Skipper and Plasma, was I think already planned and in the pipeline. TAG Heuer and Porsche were probably waiting for the month of September for the actual launch which coincide with the 60th celebration & festivities 📖
This is true about the timing of the Porsche release. But then all the 2023 watches were already in the pipeline as well. It's just a matter of when each model would make its debut.

Ultimately, TAG Heuer controls everything and could've even delayed the release of the book if they were worried about an unreleased model being leaked within the book.
Edited:

I also noticed that the Chronosprint is illustrated with the black swirl stripe on the outer timing scale (as seen on the early draft), which was not used on the production models. Yet they have the production's TH Carrera font, rather than Porsche's script font (seen on the draft & protos).

I haven't even opened my copy and I'm already annoyed.

Mine arrived yesterday after I left work - arrived damaged I should say. Spine is damaged - likely due to only being packaged in a single cardboard outer.

Oh, bad luck... I must admit I fully expected mine to be mashed in the corners but it seems okay (makes a change - bloody Amazon)

Oh, bad luck... I must admit I fully expected mine to be mashed in the corners but it seems okay (makes a change - bloody Amazon)

Oh, it's already on the way back for replacement - I spoke to an Amazon rep and asked for them to request better packaging for the replacement (which should arrive tomorrow)