New Autavia Flyback

How about a steel case, black dial version?
This was the steel prototype of more than 2 years ago.

And the grey isograph render:

This was the steel prototype of more than 2 years ago.

And the grey isograph render:

Soooo, essentially no **aesthetic** changes since then. Hmmph.

I had a crack at adapting the Flyback case into a “new” TAG Heuer Autavia design more in the vein of the classic 60s models…

Edited:

I had a crack at adapting the Flyback case into a “new” TAG Heuer Autavia design more in the vein of the classic 60s models…

Nice. Would be even better with just Heuer on the dial 😉

^^ looks 100% better, and would probably handily outsell what we actually got, but no.

That looks great, I’ll take one!

I just noticed the Black one has a pin and buckle strap... 17381934_5.jpg

Actually both of them do... seems a bit odd for a watch at this price point

Nice, much more comfortable to wear than a thick folding clasp

Yeah, wouldn't bother me personally, just seems surprising on a $6000 watch...

Depends, many new models are moving back towards tang buckles as I think the aftermarket strap world is influencing the brands. Zenith, JLC, other high ends.

Agreed, just for comparison the Omega Speedmaster Apollo 11 50th anniversary had a bracelet + second strap and nice box with trinkets and gold applied hands/dial/bezel.

The Silver Snoopy award 50th is on a fabric strap with pin buckle, box is smaller with only a loupe and has a 925 silver dial.
Both with a RRP of €9.6K, FFS at least they could have afforded to put it on a deployant.

Agreed, just for comparison the Omega Speedmaster Apollo 11 50th anniversary had a bracelet + second strap and nice box with trinkets and gold applied hands/dial/bezel.

The Silver Snoopy award 50th is on a fabric strap with pin buckle, box is smaller with only a loupe and has a 925 silver dial.
Both with a RRP of €9.6K, FFS at least they could have afforded to put it on a deployant.

Omega has made a decisive turn away from including fun stuff lately which IMO is unfortunate

Omega has made a decisive turn away from including fun stuff lately which IMO is unfortunate

They will probably say they are 'reducing their packaging to save the planet' or somesuch...

https://www.tagheuer.com/jp/en/time...bre-heuer-02-cosc-flyback/CBE511C.FC8280.html

So I guess we can consider this as 'released' since TAG Heuer are now showing this on their Japanese website.... although it does say 'LIMITED QUANTITY', whatever that is supposed to mean.
Wow they really need to calm down a bit, all this heavy promotion will lead to millions of Autavias sold. All I see in my feed is people talking about the new Autavias. Reviews everywhere.