Aquagraph Oct 4, 2018

Fun..... yes, I think I know what you mean. :p

2. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Oct 5, 2018

Screenshot_20181004-235739.png
    chronomaticguy and dtf like this.
  3. Mr_Orange

Mr_Orange Oct 5, 2018

Jesus, are they trying to produce one new one for each day of the year! This is rapidly becoming a joke and I wish that LVMH (TAG Heuer) had not gone anywhere near BWD and instead left them to their tacky Rolexes.

Jim Dollares likes this.
  4. heuerholic

heuerholic Oct 5, 2018

I rest my case.
    The lines have become so blurd.
    Just my humble opinion, but I would rather this thread did not exist.
    They are not Tag Heuers or Heuers they are nothing more than Franken watches of the most abominable type by a gentleman who likes tinkering with things for people who have a sh&t load of money to waste.

What’s next, a thread on the best looking copy watches we can find. ?

Can we agree to leave these on instagram where they belong with all the other sh&t that doesn’t have its own deserved home in this world.

Pretty Please

I asked nicely......

Mr_Orange likes this.
  5. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Oct 5, 2018

I think the thread fulfills a purpose and even though I am not a fan of everything related to Tag Heuer I still appreciate learning about as much as possible.

6. Mr_Orange

Mr_Orange Oct 5, 2018

But you are not learning anything about TAG Heuer. You are learning about BWD, which is distinctly different.

7. heuerholic

heuerholic Oct 5, 2018

I asked Nicely. I even said “ pretty please”;);)

Jim Dollares likes this.
  8. dtf

dtf Oct 5, 2018

Personally quite enjoying seeing the stuff that bwd release, makes it more interesting than waiting to see what dross tag churn out for sihh/basel each year.

I don't like the majority of the bwd output, but every now and again there's something special like that monza or the Monaco above. I really like the Bamford carbon Monaco too, because it's a possible indicator of future innovation from them, rather than just changing colours around.

For those that find the look of the watches offensive, let's not forget tag have produced some hideous watches over the years.

9. heuerholic

heuerholic Oct 5, 2018

I realized that things were getting out of hand when someone asked back in this thread if they followed the normal serial numbering. Xxxxx.xxxxx
    I take from that, which I talked about weeks ago in this thread, that people are getting confused what is a Santioned TH and what is Bamford Franken.

This for me is the issue.

I can just hear Bob down the pub saying
    Bob: “ yeah Dave, I saw a bright orange Tag Heuer Monaco the other day with pink polka dots on it”
    Dave: Nah, TH dont do pink polka dotted Monaco’s Bob.
    Bob: But it said Tag Heuer on the dial Dave and it had a Calibre 11 under the hood, so it must be. Dave: Wow I’ll have to get down to my local TH boutique and pick one up for the wife”

Dave felt like a right dickhead asking James from the TH boutique for a bright orange Monaco with pink polka dots.

James: I’m sorry sir, I think you may want the swatch shop around the corner. I’m sure they have plenty of pretty colors for you.

Huh.. :(

Mr_Orange likes this.
  10. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Oct 5, 2018

I don't agree. Tag has an official partnership with BWD and they officially release some of the models together (Carbon Monaco for example). In 20 years when someone is asking about "this hideous Tag Heuer that must be fake" I see a purpose of following the work of BWD.

11. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Oct 5, 2018

Whether you like it or not, Bamford are the official partner of TAG, so their watches are not 'Franken' anything. I assume the one-off watches that Bamford modify would have a 'Bamford' case back with the number removed - or their own number, and the mass models like the carbon Monaco would have a 'TAG' model number - I just wanted to know if someone could confirm that or not.

Jim Dollares likes this.
  12. Mr_Orange

Mr_Orange Oct 23, 2018

Don't ask me why I started tooling around with the BWD configuration tool, especially given how damning I have been of some of the recent products.....

Noting the colours aren't quite right, I came up with this:

upload_2018-10-24_13-38-14.png

Inspired by:

upload_2018-10-24_13-40-59.png

Ara likes this.
  13. Ara

Ara Oct 23, 2018

Hmmm. That’s nice, actually. I like it!

14. THJunkie

THJunkie Oct 24, 2018

One could parody this with different colours, but it would be childish.

I’ve also had a play, I think part of the issue is that the configurator is basic as only shows flat solid colours, so any sense of texture or light play on the dial is lost. Many watches look far worse in a photo than they do in the metal (WOS/Goldsmiths’ flat perpendiculr flash photos anyone?) A render is even worse for perceiving what it will actually look like. But I’ve not been able to come up with a single version that made me think. Yep that’s worth the extra coin. That green one is slightly less of an abomination than most. Slightly. ::popcorn::

15. Yago

Yago Oct 24, 2018

Hubert likes this.
  16. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Oct 24, 2018

17. WernerBoeinck

WernerBoeinck Oct 24, 2018

At least there is a tradition behind it!

18. Mr_Orange

Mr_Orange Nov 3, 2018

19. THJunkie

THJunkie Nov 3, 2018

heuerholic and Mr_Orange like this.
  20. abrod520

abrod520 Nov 3, 2018