James Bond 007 thread

I saw that but did not enjoy it. 🤔
It's his own ranking of the personal watches he owns. Some of which are rather loosely connected with James Bond. Also, some of his statements are incorrect as well, but I won't go there.

I saw that but did not enjoy it. 🤔
It's his own ranking of the personal watches he owns. Some of which are rather loosely connected with James Bond. Also, some of his statements are incorrect as well, but I won't go there.
I didn't think much of it either. I personally would have put the Spectre or the NTTD, at the top spot.

The 60th deserved better; I would have argued could go as high as #3, but not more, since it was not a screen-used piece.

If we're ranking based on the watches we own, like David Zaritsky did, mine is a rather short list.

Two wannabes, that aren't the correct reference models (but hey, Zaritsky did the same thing)...

... and two that are correct and appeared in actual Bond movies

For purely biased reasons, I'd lean towards my Night Diver as #1. Afterall, it's a Heuer! ::psy:: But in reality, my NTTD gets far more wrist time. 😗

Having said that, based on all the "official" Bond watches that have appeared in the movies, my #1 has to be the Connery Submariner ref 6538. Not only did Ian Fleming write that Bond wore a Rolex, but the James Bond Submariner is just so iconic. Four out of the six actors to play Bond wore it in their movies.

I mean just look at that thing, even the Omega Spectre is a Goldfinger Submariner wannabe when you think about it.

Yep-just waiting for 'official' confirmation.🍿 I really thought he would be an excellent choice by far when it was thrown around some months back. 😎

He's got the look and physicality for the role. Only thing he seems to lack is the deep voice that several of the previous Bond's had before him. Overall, I think he's a good choice.

Plus, he already was wearing the Omega Seamaster at the Bullet Train premieres. 🙄

But it's not a done deal until an official announcement is made by EON production. 🍿

He's got the look and physicality for the role. Only thing he seems to lack is the deep voice that several of the previous Bond's had before him. Overall, I think he's a good choice.

Plus, he already was wearing the Omega Seamaster at the Bullet Train premieres. 🙄

But it's not a done deal until an official announcement is made by EON production. 🍿
This things take a long time, so I think he knew what he was doing with the Seamaster.

Barbara Broccoli is the decider on casting at EON, so if she likes him for the role, that will likely seal the deal.

I don’t know the guy (In all honesty: Don’t own a TV and haven’t been to the theaters in ages), but I honestly fear that whoever comes after Daniel Craig stands a huge risk of being perceived as a letdown…
Edited:

I don’t know the guy (In all honesty: Don’t own a TV and haven’t been to the theaters in ages), but I honstly fear that whoever comes after Daniel Craig stands a huge risk of being perceived as a letdown…
To put this in context, here's a quick look at Craig's screen test. Daniel developed the key characteristics during the role. The same will happen with whomever takes this on. I think Barbara and Michael at EON know what they are doing. I trust that their choice will work.

I just read The Living Daylights book for the first time. Somebody did their homework when they picked the Heuer Night Diver for the movie. Check out the caption highlighted below! 😀

I had a friend whose parents passed away when he was still a teenager(just) and left well set up, so he did the right thing, and bought a DB5, probably only the apprentice electrician driving into work in one in the UK, or wider geographic.

Just watched the first 10 minutes of Sugar.

I'm reminded of a thought that i had before: Colin Farrell would make an excellent Bond. He even looks a bit like Connery.

Interesting! Who knew that so many of the Bond vehicles were left as barn finds, to be found by mainly one man, Doug Redenius. What a great hobby!

Doug's story is not that different from mine, in that his dad took him to see Goldfinger. My dad took me to a Movie Drive-in (remember those?) double feature of Thunderball & You Only Live Twice. Except my Bond collection is nothing like his. LOL

Interesting! Who knew that so many of the Bond vehicles were left as barn finds, to be found by mainly one man, Doug Redenius. What a great hobby!

Doug's story is not that different from mine, in that his dad took him to see Goldfinger. My dad took me to a Movie Drive-in (remember those?) double feature of Thunderball & You Only Live Twice. Except my Bond collection is nothing like his. LOL
I suspect it's a recurring theme. My mom took us (siblings & I) to the movies to see Bond; Roger Moore era.

I suspect it's a recurring theme. My mom took us (siblings & I) to the movies to see Bond; Roger Moore era.
Cool, was your mom really into Bond too?
That's the part of Doug's story that connected with me. My dad had read all the books and was a big Bond fan before I ever was. It's his fault I got hooked! 🤣
Although the last movie we saw together was Roger Moore's last one, A View to a Kill, because I moved to a different state shortly after.

It just amazes me how so many of those props were left to rot somewhere. The Breitling Top Time (Geiger counter gadget watch) from Thunderball was bought at a garage sale for 25gbp. It auctioned for 100,000gpb in 2013. Just imagine if the original James Bond Rolex Submariner, from the first 4 films, is ever found. It would surely be worth millions!