Forums Latest Members

Is my Vintage Heuer Authentic? All questions here please

1. Dominic Gulotti

Dominic Gulotti Aug 19, 2017

2. agnieszka

agnieszka Sep 1, 2017

Hello, would you be able to let me know if what I have it a real thing? and if so, how much it is worth? Thanks!

1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG 5.JPG 6.JPG 7.JPG
    automobilia42 likes this.
  3. GaryO

GaryO Sep 2, 2017

Actually I am trying to authenticate a watch that "appears" to be an Autavia 2446 (2nd Gen?). It is in pretty rough shape, but since it was donated to a local charity, we are trying to authenticate so we can inform the charity of any value. Can you tell what photos would be helpful , and to whom should they be sent? or do we just post here in this forum. Thank You. GaryO

4. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Sep 2, 2017

Hi Gary- just post them here and we'll take a look

5. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Sep 2, 2017

yes, these all look good. The timers are not worth as much as watches- usually a few hundred US$. There are plenty on eBay to check for prices

6. agnieszka

agnieszka Sep 4, 2017

Thank you very much! Yeah, it is just a bit difficult to estimate the price..the prices ranges between 100USD and 500USD... I saw one even for 2k.... any idea maybe how to set up the price? Would around 200USD be ok or too much/not enough?

7. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Sep 4, 2017

Set up the price on eBay? I'd spend some time searching through their past auctions- that will be your best guide

8. Loco Norwegian

Loco Norwegian Sep 23, 2017

Hello, guys. First time poster. I recently bought a Heuer that I can't find much information about. I've only found one photo of a similar model, but with a slightly different case (purported to be a prototype). I haven't been able to open the caseback, due to the special tool needed, so I have no info on the movement. Other than that, I will let the photos do the talking:

heuer01.jpg heuer02.jpg heuer03.jpg heuer04.jpg heuer05.jpg
  9. SteveP

SteveP Sep 23, 2017

Hi Loco-I'm afraid there is little/nothing Heuer there. The case is definitely not. The dial is the closest thing that may be-this type of dial has been selling cheaply on Ebay for the last year or so-there is some debate about whether they are original or not. Does it say 'Heuer' on the bracelet clasp or not? Looking at it I would guess no. Would also be interested to know what the movement is inside too if possible?
    Steve

automobilia42 likes this.
  10. Loco Norwegian

Loco Norwegian Sep 23, 2017

The clasp is Heuer branded, and has a wetsuit extension, but it doesn't fit the case very well:

heuer06.PNG
  11. automobilia42

automobilia42 Sep 23, 2017

At first it looked to me like a Jenny Carribean divers watch, the bezel did remind me of it, also, I can't place the caseback-plate anywhere in the Heuer spectrum.
    I'm with SteveP for now, until I have seen more evidence of this particular's watch its valid existence by literature.
    Looks to me this one is build up out of several watches/ watchparts, not even meeting the "Franken" status as we don't know what brand the case, bezel, caseback-plate and crown are, and a Heuer branded model 844/ 1000 bracelet and 980.007/ 980.014 dial are easy placed if they fit, but looking closely at the bracelet's endlinks they don't, as the lugs on the case are too wide...
    Sorry Loco Norwegian.

12. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Sep 23, 2017

Agree. Looks like a Heuer dial and bracelet fitted in a different case

13. Gambba

Gambba Sep 27, 2017

Loco, I'm in agreement with the rest of the guys above. The dial is possibly Heuer, as are the hands. The bracelet is a jubilee and is from the same model the dial could have come from, but as can be seen by the end links not being made to suit the case, and even strange they even kept them.

The case and bezel though is not Heuer in any shape or form though I'm afraid.

14. jarrod oliver

jarrod oliver Oct 17, 2017

Anybody seen one of these before as I can't find much information so not sure if real?

$_57.JPG s-l1600.jpg s-l1600-2.jpg s-l1600-3.jpg s-l1600-4.jpg
  15. SteveP

SteveP Oct 17, 2017

Hi Jarrod, I was holding off replying as I've been the voice of doom and gloom lately-however if you look at this post here-

https://forums.calibre11.com/thread...his-heuer-and-cant-find-any-info-on-it.64961/

pretty much all the comments go for yours too-in short, there is nothing Heuer there I'm afraid.
    Thanks,
    Steve

16. jarrod oliver

jarrod oliver Oct 17, 2017

Hi Steve,
    Thanks very much for your reply. I had a feeling it might be fake and have been in contact with the seller who says its been authenticated as 100% Heuer - but will give me a full refund if not happy so thats good news, so thanks for your guidance. Just out of interest what are the main tell tale signs that its not real for future reference.
    Thanks,
    Jarrod

17. SteveP

SteveP Oct 18, 2017

No problem Jarrod. As there are so many Heuer variations, the best advice I can give is to put it out to the community on a forum such as this or Onthedash, where there is a great amount of knowledge and experience BEFORE buying/bidding. You're welcome to message me directly also and I'll help if I can!

Many thanks,
    Steve

18. Sher

Sher Oct 23, 2017

19. elbeik

elbeik Oct 23, 2017

Sher likes this.
  20. Wisco

Wisco Nov 7, 2017

I'm new to the forum and would appreciate any comments you may have. I bought this watch about 20 years ago and I'm not sure if it's authentic. Can anyone tell me what I have here? Any value? Thank you.

heuer1.jpg heuer2.jpg