Forums Latest Members

Is my TAG Heuer Authentic? All questions here please

1. Simon Blades

Simon Blades Mar 14, 2022

Hi all, just wanting to check both of my Tags are genuine (both were bought for me).

image.jpg image.jpg
  2. Marcos Alvarenga

Marcos Alvarenga Mar 14, 2022

You were right!

Aquagraph likes this.
  3. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Mar 14, 2022

So that's a dealbreaker presumably... ?

4. HoltzPlatz

HoltzPlatz Mar 18, 2022

"TAG Heuer Professional Monnin Rare White Dial" Just a little whiteout touchup on the the dial notwithstanding, it is a rare breed indeed:cautious:
    Monnin Rare White Dial 1.jpeg Monnin Rare White Dial 2.jpeg Monnin Rare White Dial 3.jpeg

Yago likes this.
  5. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Mar 18, 2022

Dial from a 1500?

6. RockBurner

RockBurner Mar 21, 2022

I was going to guess the same.

7. jamesbizs

jamesbizs Mar 27, 2022

8. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Mar 29, 2022

Would also be quite easy to just send them a genuine watch and then use that paper when selling fakes?

jamesbizs likes this.
  9. Santiago LG

Santiago LG Apr 8, 2022

Hi everyone!

I have seen 2 different versions of the so called Aquaracer Calibre 5 Black Phantom (way218b.fc6364) around, and I am not sure if one is the authentic and the other one is the fake or if they are two different versions produced. I would really appreciate your comments to understand this.

I am attaching pictures of the 2 versions.

This is what I would call version A:

Version A1.JPG

Version A2.JPG

Version A3.JPG

And this one is what I would call version B:

Version B1.JPG

Version B2.JPG

Version B3.JPG

Main differences are:

- Front: The stripes have a different format and location. It can be clearly seen around the Tag Heuer logo:

Face comparison.jpg

- Back: One version has model and serial numbers next to each other and nothing else. The other version has the "LIMITED EDITION" inscription , model number and serial number are at opposing sides and it has the unit number out of the 2500 units produced inscribed below the diver figure:

Back Comparison.jpg

1398005-384a329fa3669d078861840c239568d3.jpg
  10. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Apr 8, 2022

Version A is fake, it shouldn't have the X in front of the number and these were numbered out of 2500

11. Santiago LG

Santiago LG Apr 8, 2022

Thank you Aquagraph for your input! One additional piece of information that is relevant is that the image for the model way218b.fc6364 in the official Tag Heuer site coincides with the version A, although there is also a front image available to compare:

[​IMG]

12. Santiago LG

Santiago LG Apr 8, 2022

There is "only" a front image available to compare was what I meant

13. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Apr 8, 2022

I am no expert in this phantom model but worth pointing out that the digital renders on TAG's website often dont look 100% like the actual product. Just recently for example, the new orange Aquaracer 300 does not in reality look exactly like the render they put on the website.

Aquagraph likes this.
  14. dtf

dtf Apr 8, 2022

I think the fake one was made from a render not the real watch.

Aquagraph likes this.
  15. JAH

JAH Apr 8, 2022

The hang sticker on version b is identical to the fake ones so i would say version b is fake as well. Also see the lume pip.

16. Santiago LG

Santiago LG Apr 8, 2022

Thanks for the additional comments! Rather than the specific watches on the pictures what I am not sure of is why there are these two different formats of the supposedly same model. For example there are a number of video reviews on youtube where the watch looks exactly like the "version A". Like these two:

17. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Apr 8, 2022

Ok but multiple videos of "version A" does not confirm that there are two different versions. What videos/sources do you have for version B?

18. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Apr 8, 2022

Ok never mind, now I watched the videos and see that they show two different versions. Between the two, my bet would be that the first video shows a demo piece from Baselworld fair. Hence the "x" numbering. It is not uncommon that a demo version is shown to press and retailers at fairs like Baselworld, now Watches & Wonders, but that changes are made by the manufacturer before the model goes into production and hits the market.

Aquagraph likes this.
  19. Santiago LG

Santiago LG Apr 8, 2022

Thank you Jim, makes sense the point about the demo pieces, that would explain the difference between the more promotional videos and pictures.

20. jamesbizs

jamesbizs Apr 11, 2022

Version B is an obvious fake.I have that exact same version.

If version A is fake, then we are all screwed and might as well give up the whole game now.