Heuer / TAG Heuer Heritage

Reminder; let's keep our conversations classy.

This forum should be a safe space for everyone. While jokes and humor are an important part of life, let's not use this platform to disparage anyone. All are welcome to our big tent.

While Nicholas is an easy target for being a public figure, he is first and foremost a human being that deserves respect, and second he's a fellow enthusiast who should be able to enjoy and participate on our community, if he chose to do so.

We avoid censoring posts unless it's absolutely necessary, because we believe in free speech, but no one should feel attacked or offended from what is said on our forum. So let's not descend into locker-room talk, especially in open threads.

Thank you!

Reminder; let's keep our conversations classy.

This forum should be a safe space for everyone. While jokes and humor are an important part of life, let's not use this platform to disparage anyone. All are welcome to our big tent.

While Nicholas is an easy target for being a public figure, he is first and foremost a human being that deserves respect, and second he's a fellow enthusiast who should be able to enjoy and participate on our community, if he chose to do so.

We avoid censoring posts unless it's absolutely necessary, because we believe in free speech, but no one should feel attacked or offended from what is said on our forum. So let's not descend into locker-room talk, especially in open threads.

Thank you!

Great points, Hubert.

People go onto various watch forums and take the cheap shots at the brands, their senior officers / representatives, and even some of their iconic watches. In this instance, I believe that Nick has done a great job in the two years that he has been Heritage Director at TAG Heuer, and he deserves our support. And to dismiss the 1960s Carrera as being "too small" is just silly . . . maybe the Mercedes Gullwing can also be dismissed as being "too low".

Of course, it's often easier to take the cheap shots at the particular brand, watch or officer than it is to say something substantive, but the good forums and communities are characterized by substantive discussions and sharing information rather than the negativity.

I've only been on this forum for a short while, but I really enjoy it . . . at least most of the time!!

Best wishes to all the contributors here!!

Jeff

Great points, Hubert.

People go onto various watch forums and take the cheap shots at the brands, their senior officers / representatives, and even some of their iconic watches. In this instance, I believe that Nick has done a great job in the two years that he has been Heritage Director at TAG Heuer, and he deserves our support. And to dismiss the 1960s Carrera as being "too small" is just silly . . . maybe the Mercedes Gullwing can also be dismissed as being "too low".

Of course, it's often easier to take the cheap shots at the particular brand, watch or officer than it is to say something substantive, but the good forums and communities are characterized by substantive discussions and sharing information rather than the negativity.

I've only been on this forum for a short while, but I really enjoy it . . . at least most of the time!!

Jeff
Thank you Jeff.

We're glad you are here and that you are becoming a regular contributor. 👍

I wish I had never mentioned the damn socks - it wasn't meant to be taken seriously. It's just that when I was growing up, turning up for an interview dressed like that would never have been deemed acceptable. Of course times have changed, plus it doesn't mean the video wasn't interesting.

Great points, Hubert.

Jeff

Yeah, well it's kind of a running 'joke' which probably went over your head. Everyone here says 'watches are too big these days, watches must be smaller, ideally 39mm' while I say 'no they are not'. I then back this up by quoting ADs who tell me that watches like the Solargraph don't sell as well as they could because they are too small. But actual customer's opinions don't matter, what matters is the self-appointed 'elite'.

Speaking of which, did anyone buy an $80 Hodinkee Baseball Cap yet?

Seems that there are already four episodes posted . . . these should be interesting!!

Lot’s of things to talk about TAG Heuer Heritage also.
Night Diver
Senna
McLaren
Babin - Bever Era
Could I please ask why Night Diver?

Could I please ask why Night Diver?
James Bond’s Heuer/TAG Heuer watch worn by Timothy Dalton @ The Living Daylights 👍

James Bond’s Heuer/TAG Heuer watch worn by Timothy Dalton @ The Living Daylights 👍
Ah, I thought it might be a reference to my 1990’s full lume 1500 series

I'm pleased to see Nick appreciates the history of the brand. Hope we see more appreciation of it in the near future

I love his passion for the brand of Heuer/TAG Heuer and the rich history he shares to those who know little of the brand. I wish alot more can share this enthusiasm! I’ve done alot of research in the past, bought several books even, just to keep me at the same page 😉

The first subject that I truly love and excelled back in the days was History and that is why I was deeply connected to the brand of Heuer/TAG Heuer and also what struck me most is the natural connection of timing to motorsports and racing. I’ved already come at peace knowing those who value history, innovation and motorsports all at the same time is not truly prevalent in the watch market, and thus I can’t probably say I share my enthusiasm to the general public. And so I don’t really care what others think anymore about TAG Heuer. It’s a brand I proudly wear and defines much about me and my character. My love for driving, love for history, love for defining boundaries and as a bonafide car nut / enthusiast, it is the only watch true racers and I can ever wear 👍

The films Rush & FvsF are two of my all time modern favorites 😀

Funny how this pre-Carrera looks like a direct predecessor of the current Glassbox models.

Funny how this pre-Carrera looks like a direct predecessor of the current Glassbox models.

Yes, I noticed that exact same thing when watching the video yesterday.

Yes, I noticed that exact same thing when watching the video yesterday.
Yeah; this just goes to show you that Jack had this design as a starting point, but went with a "cleaner" look.