Happy Birthday Jack - Autavia Jack Heuer LE Arrived

A week of torture waiting is over.
Beautifully presented and comes with a copy of the “Story of an icon” book incorporated into the base of the outer box.
Number 34 of 1932

It’s stunning - enjoy a few photos.

Congratulations ! Very nice box and books. Needless to say, stunning watch !

A week of torture waiting is over.
Beautifully presented and comes with a copy of the “Story of an icon” book incorporated into the base of the outer box.
Number 34 of 1932

It’s stunning - enjoy a few photos.

Love it! Congrats

For a guy who has the standard Autavia Heritage packaging, I'm jealous! Care to tell us more about the "Story of an Icon" book?

Congrats! I'm assuming you got it directly from TAG Heuer. My authorized dealer gets the special orders a week or two later, so I am anticipating mine around the end of the month.

Congratulations.

This is undoubtably one of my favourite releases from Tag Heuer and that dial is very special when on the wrist as it just captures the ambient light so well.

I was sorely tempted to select number 88 and buy one.

Congrats! I'm assuming you got it directly from TAG Heuer. My authorized dealer gets the special orders a week or two later, so I am anticipating mine around the end of the month.

Yes got mine from the Tag Boutique in the Gold Coast , Australia.
I called them from NZ (my home) by chance two weeks ago to see if they were getting one in and it just so happens they did 2 hours before I called.
Timing is everything.
I believe that Australia got 10 pieces.

I’m blown away with the colour they achieved on the dial. It glistens in every light and just looks like no finish you’ve ever seen before.

It wears slightly smaller than the black face version. As has been suggested , this is down to the markings on the bezel. I have a pretty big wrist but it’s still good.
I know a lot of people have commented negatively on the height of the case but I think it makes the watch stand out and carries it off completely.

I love it.

I know a lot of people have commented negatively on the height of the case but I think it makes the watch stand out and carries it off completely. I love it.
Yeah I'm rather tired of all the Hodinkee commentators saying the watch is too high, too big, too everything except their taste. Sure, it's a rather high watch but it fits the wrist comfortably and the height just makes it feel a bit more substantial in my honest opinion.

Yes got mine from the Tag Boutique in the Gold Coast , Australia.
I called them from NZ (my home) by chance two weeks ago to see if they were getting one in and it just so happens they did 2 hours before I called.
Timing is everything.
I believe that Australia got 10 pieces.

I’m blown away with the colour they achieved on the dial. It glistens in every light and just looks like no finish you’ve ever seen before.

It wears slightly smaller than the black face version. As has been suggested , this is down to the markings on the bezel. I have a pretty big wrist but it’s still good.
I know a lot of people have commented negatively on the height of the case but I think it makes the watch stand out and carries it off completely.

I love it.
Thank you for letting me know. Anxious to get mine. Will be savoring your pictures in the meantime. :thumbsup:

Yeah I'm rather tired of all the Hodinkee commentators saying the watch is too high, too big, too everything except their taste. Sure, it's a rather high watch but it fits the wrist comfortably and the height just makes it feel a bit more substantial in my honest opinion.

I agree entirely on your use of the word “ substantial” I remember back to April when I first tried the black face version on in Hong Kong,
It had an instant feeling of a watch of a vintage era, made solid and to be worn by men like the Racers from the 60’s and 70’s who made them famous.

It is slightly thicker than I’d like, but that’s my small wrists and what I would want it for. As a daily wearer to go under shirt cuffs etc. it is a little high for me.........but I expect the vertical clutch plays a part, and then chrono, date and domed glass all add up.

It still didn’t stop me enjoying wearing it and I think it’s great value and a lovely watch. I keep saying this and will continue to, the JH85 sunburst silver dial is inspired and gorgeous and never gets tiresome.

@heuer1860 having seen your picture of the book that came with the JH85 and seeing the same book at the recent Dubai Watch Week I decided I needed one..........I had to go to the Tag Heuer office anyway today :rolleyes:

16AC0832-F70D-4711-A4B3-48038AAFD389.jpeg

Congratulations-it's an amazing piece-all the more so for the minute markers. ;-)
Enjoy it.
Steve

It is slightly thicker than I’d like, but that’s my small wrists and what I would want it for. As a daily wearer to go under shirt cuffs etc. it is a little high for me.........but I expect the vertical clutch plays a part, and then chrono, date and domed glass all add up.

It still didn’t stop me enjoying wearing it and I think it’s great value and a lovely watch. I keep saying this and will continue to, the JH85 sunburst silver dial is inspired and gorgeous and never gets tiresome.

@heuer1860 having seen your picture of the book that came with the JH85 and seeing the same book at the recent Dubai Watch Week I decided I needed one..........I had to go to the Tag Heuer office anyway today :rolleyes:

16AC0832-F70D-4711-A4B3-48038AAFD389.jpeg

The book really is a beautiful addition to the watch. Just out of interest what is it worth to purchase the book on its own ?

Hi, heuer1860 Im almost local to you I'm in Toowoomba - Ive asked my local AD to get me one but I have not heard yet. Was there any ability to get it under full RRP?

Hi, heuer1860 Im almost local to you I'm in Toowoomba - Ive asked my local AD to get me one but I have not heard yet. Was there any ability to get it under full RRP?

Are there are a few of us in SEQ? I'm in Brisbane.

Are there are a few of us in SEQ? I'm in Brisbane.
Maybe a roll call post for the Aussies is needed?

Hi there. I did hear there were 3 in Brisbane Tag Boutique but 1 had been pre sold # 20 and that was a week ago.
I do t think you’ll have any luck getting it under RRP. I didn’t. ... it hurt a lot paying recommended retail for a watch.
But now I have it on my wrist , it doesn’t hurt so much.