Happy Birthday Jack - Autavia Jack Heuer LE Arrived

The book really is a beautiful addition to the watch. Just out of interest what is it worth to purchase the book on its own ?

Honestly I have no idea. It was a gift from Tag Heuer, and don’t believe you can buy them ;)

I am asking the Tag Boutique yesterday if we could buy the book separately. Will update here if there's any news.

Heuer1860 can I please ask you how loud the movement is on your watch?

I’m new to these kind of watches and have just purchased this watch today. However I am noticing it to be a bit louder than my 43mm Skeleton Heuer01 watch that I have had for a few months now.

If I move my wrist fairly fast I can hear the movement quiet clearly (hard to explain but a bit like a hissing noise) for a few seconds before it stops. I had never noticed this sound before on the Skeleton watch I have.

Can you tell me if this is normal or if I may have a faulty one please.

Thank you

Heuer1860 can I please ask you how loud the movement is on your watch?

I’m new to these kind of watches and have just purchased this watch today. However I am noticing it to be a bit louder than my 43mm Skeleton Heuer01 watch that I have had for a few months now.

If I move my wrist fairly fast I can hear the movement quiet clearly (hard to explain but a bit like a hissing noise) for a few seconds before it stops. I had never noticed this sound before on the Skeleton watch I have.

Can you tell me if this is normal or if I may have a faulty one please.

Thank you

Hi grmontague, sorry for the delay to your question.
I see you have had answers in other threads. As has been mentioned, I think this is what they are supposed to sound like.
I noticed the exceptionally loud noise from the rotor also as soon as I put the watch on. After the first 5 minutes it never bothered me again.
Enjoy it like I am.

I am asking the Tag Boutique yesterday if we could buy the book separately. Will update here if there's any news.

@OttoWilliam I think you will have received a big “no” from them. I honestly don’t know why Tag don’t market and sell these type of items. Maybe it’s to add to the exclusivity of the piece it’s sold with, or as with the first signed books to generate a want of the book.

It’s a shame really. I was given a leather Tag Heuer single watch watch Box by Tag. It can’t be that expensive but because it’s not available to buy there’s one on eBay for £130, which is a shame for true brand fans/collectors.

Congrats heuer1860!!! The Autavia JH 85 is easily my pick for the best Tag Heuer of 2017, perhaps the best watch that they've come out with in some time - IMHO. Your watch looks gorgeous!

If only I weren't holding out for the SS Rolex Daytona Ceramic (been on the waiting list since it was announced), this Autavia would surely be in my collection too!

Congrats heuer1860!!! The Autavia JH 85 is easily my pick for the best Tag Heuer of 2017, perhaps the best watch that they've come out with in some time - IMHO. Your watch looks gorgeous!

If only I weren't holding out for the SS Rolex Daytona Ceramic (been on the waiting list since it was announced), this Autavia would surely be in my collection too!
I have been struggling with that one as well; I like the white ceramic. It's the only modern Rolex that I have considered buying. However, I always end up ignoring it, in favor of other watches. I am sure that will happen again with next year's TAG Heuer collection.

I have been struggling with that one as well; I like the white ceramic. It's the only modern Rolex that I have considered buying. However, I always end up ignoring it, in favor of other watches. I am sure that will happen again with next year's TAG Heuer collection.
I don't have that Rolex fetish many of my fellow Swedish watch collectors seem to have, but I don't really understand the hype of the Daytona. Sure, it's very cool with the new ceramic bezel, but there's something with the dial I'm really struggling with. Personally, the only Rolex I'd be interested in buying would be the 36mm Two-Tone Datejust.

I don't have that Rolex fetish many of my fellow Swedish watch collectors seem to have, but I don't really understand the hype of the Daytona. Sure, it's very cool with the new ceramic bezel, but there's something with the dial I'm really struggling with. Personally, the only Rolex I'd be interested in buying would be the 36mm Two-Tone Datejust.
A classic for sure.

It could be the version of War and Peace that they have written on the dial!

It could be the version of War and Peace that they have written on the dial!
Haha, well, I always found War and Peace much easier to go over than the Rolex texts...