Forums Latest Members
  1. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Aug 27, 2022

They probably wanted all of his followers. :rolleyes:
    It remains to be seen if they'll carry on the C11 spirit which catered to both TAG Heuer and vintage Heuer, with an emphasis on TAG's new releases. My feeling is there will be a heavy bias towards vintage. :cautious:

That's a good point. So much for that speculation, we probably could've continued with the Calibre11 name here on the forum too.

VirgileF likes this.
  2. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Aug 27, 2022

I have not spoken to David about this. I was surprised about it, like everyone else.

3. abrod520

abrod520 Aug 28, 2022

I don’t think it was about the name really. They had him shut down the site and it sounds like he made the decision to excise the name from the forum too

Yeah, agree on both points. But I’d bet them focusing more on vintage Heuer isn’t just their preference, it’s one of the main reasons why the C11 IG can continue

Mspeedster likes this.
  4. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Aug 29, 2022

With whatever went down between DC & TAG Heuer, it feels like he just wanted to wash his hands of it.

I do find it curious that he'd shutdown his website, migrate this forum, but yet hand over his IG identity for Vintage Heuer to use. He could've just deleted his IG account if he wanted Calibre11 to be completely gone. Or why not continue to use it himself and post the occasional pic? At least he'd still be a part of the community.

Kind of sad really. I have mixed emotions whenever I see a new Calibre11 Instagram post now. :(

5. RushDom

RushDom Aug 29, 2022

I agree. Does anybody have any more info on what may have happened between TH and David? I have a feeling there may be more to this story but completely understand if details can’t be shared. My only hope is that the fantastic knowledge centre content can be hosted elsewhere eventually…

6. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Aug 29, 2022

Basically, DC and TAG weren't in alignment on how to move things forward. TAG Heuer supposedly acquired the Calibre11 Knowledge Center content for their own use. Hence, I doubt we'll ever see it hosted in the exact form that it was before. The only way to retrieve it "as it was" is using the Wayback Machine, which archives the Internet.

It seems TAG Heuer is starting to leverage the material for their website, but in a completely different form. It will be hard to know what was from Calibre11 vs. TAG's own content, as it's being totally reworked from what I can tell.

E.g. I suspect some of it might be embedded when you double click down into their history pages.
    Starting from here - https://www.tagheuer.com/us/en/our-story/history.html
    You can double click on things and get pages like this to pop up.
    Tag1.jpg Tag2.jpg

But I believe there's more that's still under construction that will be coming. Here's another example of a page that may have leveraged some of the Calibre11 content:
    https://www.tagheuer.com/us/en/vintage-collection/vintage-tag-heuer-monaco.html

Albert-AMG likes this.
  7. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Aug 29, 2022

^The last link I provided above on the TAG Heuer Monaco, https://www.tagheuer.com/us/en/vintage-collection/vintage-tag-heuer-monaco.html , does look to be heavily lifted from DC's original Ultimate Collector's Guide. However, it's lacking pictures and seems to be "a work in progress", as I can't find a direct way to access that link from the TH website.

Here's the original version from Calibre11.com accessed via the Wayback Machine's web archive: https://web.archive.org/web/20210417090503/http://www.calibre11.com/tag-heuer-monaco-re-edition/

See? The wording and format look quite similar to DC's.

Edited Aug 29, 2022
    Albert-AMG likes this.
  8. Nonsense

Nonsense Nov 16, 2022

9. RushDom

RushDom Nov 16, 2022

Weird. What a great shame.

I still don’t feel like we’re getting the full story about what went on here

Nonsense and VirgileF like this.
  10. imagwai

imagwai Nov 16, 2022

I think possibly the web archive website is having a few issues? I couldn't connect at all.

11. Nonsense

Nonsense Nov 16, 2022

12. imagwai

imagwai Nov 16, 2022

The problem for me at least seemed to be content control settings on my broadband service!

13. Yago

Yago Dec 13, 2022

Mspeedster likes this.
  14. Yago

Yago Dec 13, 2022

This photo on the Montreal page

[​IMG]
    'Like all chronographs powered by the Calibre 12 movement, the Montreal dial uses the traditional bi-compax layout, with chronograph minutes at 3 o’clock and chronograph hours at 9 o’clock. There is no running seconds hand on the watch, so if the chronograph is not running, there is no movement on the dial.'

That's all fine but those aren't Montreals.

Nonsense likes this.
  15. bpsmith

bpsmith Dec 13, 2022

Plus if there is no movement on the dial, how does it tell the time? Or is it a stopwatch?

Aquagraph likes this.
  16. paysdoufs

paysdoufs Dec 13, 2022

Methinks those aren’t Cal.11/12 either ;)

17. Ogien

Ogien Dec 20, 2022

I am late to this party but also super confused, why did such a great website shut down? Why would he just delete everything? Even the wayback Machine does not seem to have an archive of Calibre11.com? This is a great shame, what happened?

dtf, Jim Dollares and VirgileF like this.
  18. Yago

Yago Dec 20, 2022

Texts haven’t been deleted. TAG Heuer are in the process of incorporating at least part of them in a redacted form in a heritage part of their website.

19. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Dec 20, 2022

You can bet David's articles will be reduced to a paragraph or two.... stripping out anything useful or insightful

dtf, Pitfitter446 and Jim Dollares like this.
  20. imagwai

imagwai Dec 20, 2022

Or anything that is "opinion"