Forums Latest Members
  1. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Jan 6, 2021

In that case, if one were to supply Bamford with a Silver 160th or Fragment Carrera, they could probably paint @Ara's designs. Yes?
    [​IMG]

Snowy and Ara like this.
  2. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Jan 6, 2021

Over the weekend I watched this video on my TV screen. You can see the "paint jobs" that Adam is describing on the dials.

Mspeedster and Ara like this.
  3. Ara

Ara Jan 6, 2021

You’d sacrifice a 160th or fragment for an Ara? I’m putting you on my Heuer Rooklyn Christmas card list.

Yago and Mspeedster like this.
  4. Ara

Ara Jan 6, 2021

Nice house.

5. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Jan 6, 2021

Yes and some nice cars too.

6. OttoWilliam

OttoWilliam Jan 7, 2021

The very definition of living the dream.

To answer when people asked about you "What do you do for living ?"

Me: "I design and modified watches".

Also me: "And i am quite successful at it too. I got my own mansion and Ferrari" :cool:

To think about it, it might even be longer lasting career than pro athletes !

7. imagwai

imagwai Jan 7, 2021

Lovely car choices. Love the vintage Ferraris. Love the 911s. Love the Jag. However, apart from the deep blue on one of the Ferraris, I am not a big fan of his colour choices.

8. Yago

Yago Jan 7, 2021

I don't think his business pays for his lifestyle and hobbies.

9. Yago

Yago Jan 7, 2021

Dekla in Stuttgart make bespoke dials.

10. abrod520

abrod520 Jan 7, 2021

Unfortunately no. From Bamford's email:
    So you'd have to hope that maybe they might get some supply of the 39mm case. But you could probably do the Tintin design on the 42 or 44

Mspeedster likes this.
  11. abrod520

abrod520 Jan 7, 2021

Interesting, as far as I can tell it's only either bespoke dials for their own watches, or as a contractor to other watch companies buying in bulk. I'll see what happens with Bamford's customizer but might try reaching out. Only thing is I don't want to spend 5 figures on this...

12. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Jan 8, 2021

Some awesome work here...and yes, I’d buy several of these. A quick update on custom watches from TAG Heuer:
    - After the last couple of years under Biver where special editions were all over the place, the current strategy is to significantly reduce the number of watches done with external parties
    - At the same time, the minimum production threshold has been lifted to 200 units- there really wasn’t a minimum number before, as I had the choice of making 50 or 100 of the Autavia Sifferts.

I wouldn’t read into this that anything is impossible, and I will keep pushing, but I wanted to give a quick update as it why it wasn’t simply a case of finding a great design and getting TAG Heuer to produce the watches. I hope that for the right idea, minimum production of 100 would be possible- if it stayed at 200, it would kill any project from my perspective, as that basically means putting up US$1m for the project, which unless you had a “no brainer” home run would be a bold step.

But I will keep asking- TAG Heuer said no to the Autavia Siffert probably five times before they said yes ;)

Dc

Snowy, ASW, thingziliketoo and 8 others like this.
  13. Yago

Yago Jan 8, 2021

200 is a stretch but not impossible. What about crowd funding? Yema have been very successful with that.

14. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Jan 8, 2021

Agree that there are always options...don’t worry, I don’t give up easy ;)

Snowy, ASW, thingziliketoo and 5 others like this.
  15. kappa_md

kappa_md Jan 8, 2021

Go DC! You’re the man! ::rimshot::

“Don’t Crack Under (TH) Pressure” :thumbsup:

Snowy likes this.
  16. kappa_md

kappa_md Jan 8, 2021

Don’t TAG Heuer’s greatest fan/enthusiast-based forum deserve some kind of special consideration? ;)

Hello?! We are the most die-hard TAG Heuer enthusiasts in the planet here! Tell me another TAG Heuer forum which is home to TH fans across the world better than Calibre11 ? I doubt if there is another. :rolleyes:

Albert-AMG likes this.
  17. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jan 8, 2021

Just as a matter of interest, are TAG Heuer willing to customise F1s or Aquaracers rather than $5000 Carreras? As you say 200 Carreras is A LOT (considering there's been 125pce LEs that ended up in the outlets).

18. abrod520

abrod520 Jan 8, 2021

Reach out to Bamford, I can't imagine they'd not be interested in the F1 or AR. Maybe they'll be part of this upcoming model line addition, with the new Carreras.

19. imagwai

imagwai Jan 8, 2021

Well, arguably they have already done something for us with the Siffert Autavia.

The problem is, although you're right, we're not all going to agree on what we want anyway. Whilst I do really like Ara's design, I wouldn't buy one, even if I happened to have a spare £5000 lying around.

I still believe that manufacturers need to offer more personalisation on watches in the future. I can configure every aspect of my new car through a website configurator. Same now for my golf clubs! Custom paint fill, logos, engravings, shaft types, grips. Watches need to catch up. Undone and Bamford are on the right track but there is plenty of scope for improvement. Then we can all have exactly the watch we want. :)

ASW, kappa_md and Jim Dollares like this.
  20. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jan 8, 2021

I distinctly remember one watch company doing just that - but I can't remember who it was... the problem is personalisation is always going to cost more than is really reasonable and more than the watch is 'worth'.