Forums Latest Members

Coming Soon- White Design/ Barth Nussbaumer/ TAG Heuer Edge

1. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Aug 4, 2020

Had a really enjoyable conversation with Barth Nussbaumer last night. Barth has designed several watches for TAG Heuer including:
    - Second and third Gen. SLR
    - Searacer
    - Autavia Re-edition (2003)
    - Targa Florio
    - Jack Heuer 80 (dial)
    - Second Gen. Monaco Gulf (dial)

We'll speak again in a few weeks for an interview, so if there is anything about these watches that you'd like to know, please leave a message below.

Barth's first project with TAG Heuer was the TAG Heuer Edge, which he worked on for two years before the project was scrapped. He did share with me this photo of the watch he was given after the project was ended. He confirms that this is the correct version of the Chronograph dial that would have been launched- in the link above you see an earlier iteration of the Chronograph dial, which uses "Mercedes" hands.

This is the real deal with the correct hands. More soon

EDGE 2.jpg

2. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Aug 5, 2020

Looking forward to it. Saw two Edges on eBay last week with correct dials, one sold for £500 the other one is £1500... kicking myself I didn't bid on the cheaper one now, although not sure if the bracelet would be long enough.

3. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Aug 5, 2020

That was a very forward looking design. It reminded me of Bvlgari's Octo,
    upload_2020-8-5_8-54-50.png

4. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Aug 5, 2020

If I was to buy an Edge off eBay, do you think TAG would fix it if it broke?

5. Pitfitter446

Pitfitter446 Aug 5, 2020

I was very tempted by the Bvlgari when I saw one in a dealer, a hard slap to the back of my head from herself ensured my hand went nowhere near my wallet, someday maybe. If I’d seen the TH Edge on eBay I probably thought it fake and ignored it.::facepalm1::

Hubert likes this.
  6. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Aug 5, 2020

If Bulgari offered a guarantee that they would buy the watch back in 3 years at RRP, then I'd definitely look at one. Those micro-rotors are wonderful.

I fear that their resale value is horrific (even relative to TAG Heuer/ Longines/ Omega/ Breitling)