carrera calibre 5 or 8?

hi all newbie here, I am in the midst of deciding which watch to get for my 30th and I like the simpler style so I've chosen either the calibre 5 41mm or the calibre 8 GMT. As I'm quite new to the watch game can anyone point out anything worth noting and/or recommend which colour they would prefer being black or anthracite? I love the black and have tried it on, the only trouble I have is I can't find an anthracite model to try in my state so I either have to fly interstate to try one on or take a punt.
Cheers

The Calibre 8 is a chronometer which might be a little something to have for a milestone birthday.

I find the black dials to be superior to the anthracite ones from a legibility and clarity point of view. The grey strap leaves a little to be desired too.

Ultimately though, you need to choose whichever model you like the most. My opinion doesn't mean diddly-squat.
Edited:

My only problem with the GMT is the big date on the top of the dial.

Why not consider the Heuer branded calibre 6? You can grab some at a good deal.

The Grand Date is a bit like Marmite, I admit. I like it and think this is a good implementation, worthy of ALS or GO (Grand Date being a German thing).

The Grand Date is a bit like Marmite, I admit. I like it and think this is a good implementation, worthy of ALS or GO (Grand Date being a German thing).
I do agree on the grand date I do like it also

I just had a look at the calibre 6, not bad at all. Probably still leaning toward the chronometer though for sure. Cheers

The calibre6 heuer is a chronometre.

You can't go wrong with it

But if you think calibre8 is more suitable for you then go for it. The old adage still stand. "Buy what you like". I like the double date window to be honest. But what can i say...the Heuer logo too hard to resist. If you compare it side by side you might get the feel what you feel right for you

I posted the similar question before i decided to go for the calibre6. Cant seem to find the post now.

Good luck with your decision.

Cheers