Forums Latest Members

Calibre 11 x TAG Heuer Collaboration: Autavia Jo Siffert Collector's Edition

1. sog00d

sog00d May 24, 2018

You do have to watch out for those shifty dentists

2. Gambba

Gambba May 24, 2018

But in that case the paperwork would need to have included a VAT return form, which not every business can do, and wouldn’t do unless there was significant demand.

You would then need to produce that paperwork at the port of exit in order to get your VAT back minus administration fees, and prove you’re resident abroad.

As this was all done online and your delivery address was Zurich then it would have been very difficult for you to get the right export paperwork.

red crowned likes this.
  3. Gambba

Gambba May 24, 2018

You have the right approach that I’m sure many of us here would also follow. The flippers are in every market for every commodity these days, so guess it’s hard to be surprised there are folks out there who would be disingenuous when purchasing items.

My favourite scenario occurred in recent years with Porsche. Car flippers and car traders got in early and bought lots of 991.1 GT3RS’ at launch. They thought this was an easy cash cow based on historical sales of the RS model being 800-1200 globally......Porsche screwed them by selling over 6000 of them, so more than enough to go around :p

4. BPD

BPD May 25, 2018

Nice! And I'm so jealous. Still haven't heard back from my AD about the strap :(

5. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member May 25, 2018

I ordered directly from TAG Heuer. Give them a call, it will probably be faster.

6. elbeik

elbeik May 27, 2018

You guys should go custom.

7. BPD

BPD May 27, 2018

I'm in no rush. I have a fantastic relationship with my AD and although I'm not sure about this particular strap, my AD would always find a way to give me a discount :thumbsup: TAG Heuer's customer service here in Canada is lagging somewhat. When I ordered stuff from OMEGA, they were always quick and efficient.

8. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member May 27, 2018

If you can get a discount, then by all means.

9. westcliffhouse

westcliffhouse Jun 7, 2018

Do we have any news of the issue with some of the watches with a Tag Heuer instead of a Heuer logo on the mainplate of the movement?

I was thinking a free service at which point it is changed. :D

10. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Jun 7, 2018

Contact David @Calibre11 (info@calibre11.com)
    upload_2018-6-7_10-38-27.png

11. Good Times

Good Times Jun 7, 2018

Keep it. If everyone else has theirs changed, you may end up with a 1/1 edition!!

12. TonyStark

TonyStark Jun 7, 2018

Thought I would share some views after wearing mine for a few weeks. Overall I'm extremely happy and would recommend to people to try an autavia (and one of the sifferts specifically)

First, size. Having been most concerned on this point prior to receiving it i have had no issues. It has a slightly chunky presence when on the wrist but is well proportioned. No issues with height and shirt sleeves at all.

The effect of the dial and indices quite frankly Awesome. It pops in sunlight and the subdials show a wonderful texture. Indoors it is more subdued/matt - with only the indices glinting.not too brash for an office or busoness meeting

I've kept it on the bracelet so far, I thought I would move to the strap but the bracelet just looks great.

If I could have some minor changes I would be a sliding adjustment on the bracelet.
    .. and maybe (not sure on this) a tiny touch of blue on the hour and minute hands just for legibility

Edited Jun 7, 2018
    westcliffhouse and Jim Dollares like this.
  13. abrod520

abrod520 Jun 18, 2018

Well, it's taken TAG three weeks to come to the conclusion that my Autavia has to go all the way back to Switzerland to be corrected. (And it's not the mainplate issue; mine is the proper Heuer version)

Wonder then if they're just gonna replace the movement or something?

14. TonyStark

TonyStark Jun 18, 2018

That must be very frustrating.

15. TonyStark

TonyStark Jun 26, 2018

Another one has appeared on chrono24. US seller asking $11500.... which according to the website is around £8784

16. Yago

Yago Jun 26, 2018

bargain

17. Dannyy

Dannyy Jul 5, 2018

This is pretty similar...Heuer only bridge too..

TAG-Heuer-Autavia-Harrods-Limited-Edition.jpg
  18. TonyStark

TonyStark Jul 6, 2018

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Haven't seen this one before where did you come across it?

19. Dannyy

Dannyy Jul 7, 2018

It's a Harrods ltd edition...I think limited to 150 pieces...that's a pic of the case back.

TAG-Heuer-Autavia-Harrods-Limited-Edition-Caseback-1068x772.jpg
  20. westcliffhouse

westcliffhouse Jul 7, 2018