Forums Latest Members

Calibre 11 x TAG Heuer Collaboration: Autavia Jo Siffert Collector's Edition

1. imagwai

imagwai May 15, 2018

Yes, they do, so no additional duties or taxes are levied, but normally a UK person receiving something from Switzerland would have to pay the difference between the two country's rates of VAT. If you didn't then I guess you got lucky!

westcliffhouse likes this.
  2. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member May 15, 2018

Spike Feresten, the US writer and comedian bought one of the Autavias...so did his friend ;)

IMG_5746.jpg

IMG_5745.jpg

acpulse, Yago, Hubert and 2 others like this.
  3. Calibre11

Further update for the batch 2 orders: all remaining watches will be sent Wednesday Swiss time, with tracking numbers to follow as soon as I have them

TonyStark likes this.
  4. TonyStark

TonyStark May 15, 2018

Agree the comment about the autavia being a viable alternative to the much vaunted (and overhyped?) Daytona.

5. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member May 15, 2018

6. Calibre11

Hah, well, I wasn't going to mention it, but if he's happy to talk about it.... ;)

Jerry has a vintage Siffert Autavia and is a huge Porsche fan

Hubert likes this.
  7. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member May 15, 2018

I look forward to seeing him wearing it on a future episode of Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee!

WernerBoeinck likes this.
  8. Ottsby

Ottsby May 15, 2018

If anyone in the US is looking for one, please contact me. I have bought too many pieces in the last couple of month - I don't want to profit on this one but rather want it to stay within the community.

TonyStark likes this.
  9. imagwai

imagwai May 16, 2018

10. Mr_Orange

Mr_Orange May 16, 2018

Maybe too many people realised that it was a blatant attempt at profiteering.

11. imagwai

imagwai May 16, 2018

Maybe, although I dont think it was especially overpriced.

12. TonyStark

TonyStark May 16, 2018

If I could 'like' this more than once then I would

13. TonyStark

TonyStark May 16, 2018

The opening asking was probably around about what was paid Inc duties?

Not sure why but I could only find the listing via the link in this thread, not by searching ebay. So perhaps prospective buyers had the same issue

Yago likes this.
  14. Yago

Yago May 16, 2018

I had the same issue, it wouldn't come up searching 'autavia' or even 'siffert'

15. Tjaeng

Tjaeng May 16, 2018

Free trade means no tariffs. If your country has taxes such as a sales tax or VAT on goods and services then everything that is imported is usually subject to those same taxes. The fact that none was collected might just mean that the customs/post in your country let it slip through, and wether you do your legal duty and pay the tax you formally owe is up to you.

16. westcliffhouse

westcliffhouse May 16, 2018

Well someone must be right or wrong as I have never had to pay for the past.... 20 years or so. I always pay when they come in from outside the EU but never within the EU. Are you sure this isn't in respect of businesses and VAT? Anyway, what do I know..... :confused:

..... and back to watches. ::love::

17. westcliffhouse

westcliffhouse May 16, 2018

Same thing here, I doubt many people saw it then. If you they had the counters at the bottom of the page like the good old days, then maybe you could tell. :rolleyes:

18. Remo

Remo May 16, 2018

The seller would ship inside US only. Therefore users from other countries don't get it in the search results.
    But I saw other cases, in which I didn't find what should have been there in the search results. So I am not sure if I would put a watch for auction on ebay. I guess I would rather opt for price suggestion.
    But what is more important to say, is that is really a very, very stylish timepiece.

19. imagwai

imagwai May 16, 2018

Switzerland aren't in the EU, though. They have signed up to the European free trade agreement, meaning there's no import duty to pay in EU member countries. But as I understand it, VAT is payable. Whether it's enforced or not, I've no idea.
    http://forums.watchuseek.com/f2/switzerland-uk-import-duty-837570-2.html

westcliffhouse likes this.
  20. TonyStark

TonyStark May 16, 2018

Just received my shipping details....

Unfortunately I'm not back in UK until Friday evening so there may be another few days to wait...