Forums Latest Members

Cal. 11 Vintage Heuer Monaco (Reissue) Service

1. David Hole

David Hole Sep 11, 2022

Yep! In the UK. Seems to be a pattern emerging here....

2. David Hole

David Hole Sep 11, 2022

Like you, I'd hope there isn't one watchmaker working on multiple watches at the same time, so there are parts mixed up on the bench. I'm going to push for a completely new watch. They can have this back to do with as they please.

3. David Hole

David Hole Sep 11, 2022

Do you know if the movements have matching serial numbers to the cases?

4. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Sep 11, 2022

I doubt it, IIRC people have posted before that the "in house" H02 movements lack serial no , so then I'm thinking why would the third party movements have it :)

David Hole likes this.
  5. David Hole

David Hole Sep 11, 2022

It's just an ETA at the end of the day, so totally agree.

6. Jim Dollares

Maybe they use the same setup as Tudor (and probably many others)? Movements coming in for service just go into a big pool of movements undergoing service, they service a big bunch and just put random movement back into the watch. They just ensure it is the correct calibre and runs like it should, not that you get the exact same movement. Perhaps the service center in this case just forgot to confirm the calibre before putting a movement into the watch in question

7. David Hole

David Hole Sep 11, 2022

Blimey! Not sure I like this setup lol. So reconditioned units just keep getting recycled amongst serviced watches? Makes sense from an efficiency and profit point of view, but for the end user it loses the personal touch. I like to be treated as a unique individual, that's how they attempt to make you feel when selling the watch...

Pitfitter446 and Jim Dollares like this.
  8. Jim Dollares

I know what you mean :D Yeah you have to pay many times as much for a high end luxury timepiece to get the romantic Swiss watch luxury experience they all try to sell us in their marketing :rolleyes: when talking about massproduced factory made watches at the 5-15k price range we must remember that what we buy is industrialised made factory products that happen to look good and make us feel happy when on wrist, it is not true luxury, rather affordable luxury which means something else

David Hole likes this.
  9. David Hole

David Hole Sep 11, 2022

So, I am actually the peasant I always was, even with my watch collection? lol.

Yeah, totally get what you're saying. I just have this romantic notion in my head.

Still, I don't want my Frankensteins Monaco anymore lol.

Jim Dollares likes this.
  10. Jim Dollares

Get this mess sorted out, sell the mass produced stuff and get yourself a true luxury timepiece, then you'll be the baller you asprire to be ;)

Im sure this guy can give you some advice on what to buy

5DE5CB8E-8F35-4771-A74D-1F6FE1F56044.jpeg

11. Jim Dollares

I am sure brands like Lange & Söhne, Grönefeld and similar would give you the personal experience and never put someone else's shitty movement in your timepiece :cool:

thingziliketoo and David Hole like this.
  12. David Hole

David Hole Sep 11, 2022

Ha ha! I might just scrape a half decent Patek if I sell all my collection. God Jim! You've brought me right down to earth, old chap lol.

Jim Dollares likes this.
  13. David Hole

David Hole Sep 11, 2022

::bleh::

14. Pitfitter446

Pitfitter446 Sep 11, 2022

I’ll stick to trusted indies to do my work.

15. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Sep 11, 2022

While this is true, it does raise the question of whether a Calibre12 movement can just be reassembled with the Dubois Depraz chrono module flipped to fit within a C11 case. It depends on whether TAG Heuer designed the two movements to be easily interchangeable or whether they purposely designed the way the chrono fits onto the base movement to prevent a possible mix up. One might think it would be the former rather than the latter, but TAG has done some strange things in the past.

16. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Sep 11, 2022

Surprising. I don't like the sound of this either. How do you know this is what Tudor does? Is it a reliable source or hearsay?

17. YY77

YY77 Sep 11, 2022

Omega does it with the X-33 and Speedmaster reduced.

18. Jim Dollares

I wish I could remember where I read this last time but it is something I have heard a couple of times. With Tudor you'll have to explicitly state that you want the exact same movement back in your watch and it will make the service time a lot longer.

I imagine this is quite common practice among cheaper massmarket brands like Tudor, TAG etc working with big volumes aiming to be efficient and cost effective

19. McBeardy

McBeardy Sep 11, 2022

From what I remember it was confined on the Rolex forum, although I have heard you can request your movement to be serviced, & not swapped out, but this has a longer servicing time

@Jim Dollares beat me to it ::facepalm2::

Mspeedster likes this.
  20. YY77

YY77 Sep 11, 2022

But this could only apply to non-COSC watches, right?