Forums Latest Members
  1. chronomaticguy

chronomaticguy Oct 27, 2018

Does the crystal (about 32mm) for Tag Heuer Monaco sold online fit the Vintage Heuer Monaco 1133? I measured the crystal space and it is also about 32mm.

Thanks for any advise!

2. Gambba

Gambba Oct 27, 2018

3. chronomaticguy

chronomaticguy Oct 28, 2018

Thank you so much!

I thought about replacing the gaskets frequently, because the molten gasket was exactly the problem I had with the NOS case. Fortunately there was no dial inside the case but it was quite work to get the case opened without knowing or using the tool 033 and without damaging the case. Although using acetone to soften the gaskets cements has also damaged the pusher gaskets, which I have too replace too.

4. Gambba

Gambba Oct 31, 2018

It’s actually easy to open the case without tool 033 when you know how. I’ve done it a number of times.

Easiest is to put some spring bars in you don’t mind bending along with the bracelet or strap fitted. This gives you some purchase for pushing out the caseback/movement/plexi.

Place the watch face up on a surface with the straps parcelled to you, put your thumbs end to end and place them on the plexi. Pick up the straps/bracelet in your hands and with your index fingers across the spring bars push hard with your thumbs and pop the case will seperate.

5. chronomaticguy

chronomaticguy Oct 31, 2018

Thanks for the advise, Gambba. I will try that when I get the new crystal.

Right now it is really hard to do it because the case is NOS and the springs behind the hooks are not worn enough. I am sure it is easier on older cases.

Noahoscar986 likes this.
  6. Noahoscar986

Noahoscar986 Mar 2, 2019

Well said.