Baselworld Predictions 2020

standbild_video2020_2.jpg

Bit early maybe, but we might as well start... post your wild and crazy ideas here!

I predict there will be a Pepsi bezel GMT Autavia, perhaps replacing the Aquaracer Pepsi.

1. 39mm glass-box H02 Carrera:
- black dial
- b/w Panda
- b/w reverse Panda
- silver and blackgold Panda
- yellow gold case, gold and blackgold Panda

2. Autavia Isograph flyback chrono

3. TH connected, next generation

The Connected should be announced ahead of Baselworld.

I would anticipate the introduction of the other classic Carrera that has been rumored since last year. I doubt we'll see any more 39mm heritage editions at this time, since TH still have to deliver on the silver one in June.

Good chance of seeing the Autavia flybacks.

I would anticipate more modern Carreras.

Think it will be heavily Carrera based. Think there will be modern looking releases with a Heuer 02 movement.

Maybe a couple new Aquaracers, and some Autavia chronographs.

H02 Formula 1... this one sounds ridiculous, but I heard a rumour it's true!

H02 Formula 1... this one sounds ridiculous, but I heard a rumour it's true!
If it priced on the same level as current Formula One Automatic, then it will be my first Tag Heuer Formula One ever. Granted if i like the color scheme of course :p

Yes, it sounds like there will be plenty of Carreras. Will we see the Autavia Chronograph? Not sure whether the Heuer 02 is impacted by the same Isograph issues as the Calibre 5.

I'd expect no new Monaco (maybe a second dial color for the Heuer 02 Monaco?) and some new dial colours for the Aquaracer and Formula 1

Something Porsche related

Porsche are all loved up with Porsche Design with limited editions for car owners, etc so I highly doubt this.

Porsche are all loved up with Porsche Design with limited editions for car owners, etc so I highly doubt this.
They’re making a big thing of the Formula E team so surely it’s inevitable they make one. Second biggest motorsport sponsorship deal outside Red Bull.

What always makes me laugh about Baselworld is the Rolex predictions people make, and they are always wrong... say what you like about Rolex, but that's one company that doesn't leak!

From Bianchi's comments in the NYT article, it sounds like the focus will be on the Carrera this year. I expect there will be at least one more "heritage" model at Baselworld, maybe one more afterwards. There'll probably be a new design for much of the range though.

Doubt there'll be any further development of the Autavia beyond maybe the Flyback chronos finally being released; unless the reason they weren't intrudced last year is that they were scrapped.

Otherwise yeah concur that probably will be a few new dial colors for the Aquaracer and Formula 1, and perhaps for the Heuer 02 Monaco

I wonder if we'll finally see the launch of the WAY101L and WAY101K Aquaracers?

What always makes me laugh about Baselworld is the Rolex predictions people make, and they are always wrong... say what you like about Rolex, but that's one company that doesn't leak!
Last year the leaker got everything 100% correct 24 hours ahead of Rolex’s official launch...

Last year the leaker got everything 100% correct 24 hours ahead of Rolex’s official launch...

Oh, fair enough... the Tudor Submariner was b/s though, and no one saw that abomination of a Dive watch coming either.

Are you eager to get one? :cool:

I'm eager to see the WAY101K, if only to get to the bottom of exactly what that bezel is made of. But nah, they're both on NATOs so non-starters for me.

I really wish for ABTW to bring back the vlog format that James Stacey did 2017. It was a great way to follow everything going on