Baselworld Predictions 2020

I really wish for ABTW to bring back the vlog format that James Stacey did 2017. It was a great way to follow everything going on

A Blog to Watch need to get their sound issues sorted before they do anything!

A Blog to Watch need to get their sound issues sorted before they do anything!
Yes but when James was involved his stuff was actually of high quality. Ariel on the other hand most often comes off as someone who does not really care and productions are often amateur level

Maybe the Porsche connection isn't so crazy now that Lance Stroll has bought into Aston Martin, AM will leave Red Bull at the end of this season so... I expect to see AM F1's at Bicester Village by the end of the year!

I would like to see a new Gulf Monaco H02, with a light Gulf blue dial, thick orange stripe outlined with thin black pin-stripes and white registers. Please, pretty please? :D

Wonder who will replace Aston Martin on the Red Bull? If they could get Porsche to sponsor them as well that would be neat... albeit, would TAG want to sell 'Porsche' watches?

Strong historic links between both brands and the new partnership begs for a special or limited edition. As PD are very serious about their watches I would be surprised to see the name Porsche on any Tag Heuer dial but you never know.

I wonderif Baselworld will be cancelled... was it here on the forum someone said that more than 20% of the visitors are Chinese?

I guess if more and more brands pull out they have no choice but to cancel

Bvlgari are an LVMH brand... can't see why they would pull out and TAG Heuer stay in?

Bvlgari are an LVMH brand... can't see why they would pull out and TAG Heuer stay in?
That was my first thought, but here's the article's quote:
According to a statement by Christophe Babin, CEO of the Bvlgari Group, “This decision has not been an easy one but having in mind the SARS impact on the watch fairs years ago, we believe that the best option for Bvlgari is to go directly to the markets as of March. It does not mean that Bvlgari is definitely leaving Baselworld, and the decision for 2021 and beyond will be made by the end of June. As said in the past, the main criteria to continue participating to watch fairs will be the timing as well as the costs which today are not consistent with commercial requirements and returns of investments.”

Yes, no more Watches and Wonders and several brands have pulled out of Baselworld for 2020 because of Corona Virus.

I haven't heard anything, but think it is highly unlikely that Baselworld will go ahead. My guess is that because they are a few weeks later than W&W, they are simply waiting a couple of weeks to see if anything changes.

The Geneva motorshow seems like it is going ahead, but it wouldn't be a shock if it was to be cancelled at the last minute

Leaving aside cancelling events, does anyone get why this is such a big deal? People die from normal flu every year.... the numbers they are talking about don't seem to warrant the reaction we're getting, I mean is there more to this than they're letting on - I was pretty surprised that China (of all countries) was willing to close factories and damage their own economy.