Baselworld 2016- Diary/ Reactions

Can we get a photo of how tall it sits on the wrist? Is it shorter than the 45, or is it the same case just in 43mm?
This is the best I have. Certainly feels smaller than the 45mm, but at 43mm is no lightweight
IMG_2232.jpg

A couple of pieces of news from today:
- There is a new Carrera Heuer-02T in Rose Gold
- Confirmed that the Calibre 17 movement is still supplied by ETA
- Confirmed that the Calibre 1887 movement will be reserved now for the Carrera Heuer-01 series (both 45mm and 43mm models). The more classic Carrera will continue, but all will now be Calibre 16/ Sellita or Calibre 17

Here's the black-dial version of the Carrera Heuer-01 43mm I posted yesterday. This one is a winner
IMG_2230.jpg

If that's the new flagship 43mm model, then I like it much more than the current CAR2A10 and related models. The current ones seem a bit too busy with big numerals for both the hours and the tachymeter bezel. I'm happy the new model has simple hour markers.

I would be even happier if they made 41mm models with the Heuer 01.

Certainly feels smaller than the 45mm

Hmm, does look possibly thinner there. Design is too contemporary for my tastes but I can't say I'm not intrigued. Might have to stop by the shop later this year when they're in...

Can you check whether the bracelets (steel and/or titanium) for the 45mm models will fit into the 43mm model?

Can you check whether the bracelets (steel and/or titanium) for the 45mm models will fit into the 43mm model?

I'll try, but they're not giving out any info on these...they're not part of the official Basel releases...that's what TAG Heuer wants to focus on

David,
Did you know if this a new steel bracelet? Or just metallic connectors to the new leather strap?
upload_2016-3-17_13-0-38.png
Edited:

A couple of pieces of news from today:
- There is a new Carrera Heuer-02T in Rose Gold
- Confirmed that the Calibre 17 movement is still supplied by ETA
- Confirmed that the Calibre 1887 movement will be reserved now for the Carrera Heuer-01 series (both 45mm and 43mm models). The more classic Carrera will continue, but all will now be Calibre 16/ Sellita or Calibre 17

Here's the black-dial version of the Carrera Heuer-01 43mm I posted yesterday. This one is a winner
IMG_2230.jpg

Any firmer news on the Heritage line-up?

Is it going to be classic Carrera, Monaco + special editions?
I'm thinking long term of course because it seems odd for there not to be a CAR2110 (i.e classic Carrera with 1887) in the premium Heritage line.
Or perhaps its CH80 from now on instead?

David,
Did you know if this a new steel bracelet? Or just metallic connectors to the new leather strap?
upload_2016-3-17_13-0-38.png

That looks like a titanium metal band to me..... ;)

That looks like a titanium metal band to me..... ;)
Doubt it's titanium as it would probably cost too much for the Connected watch price range. :(

Thanks! Has availability been announced for any of the new releases? Or should we expect them around Q3 or Q4?
upload_2016-3-17_19-17-1.png

Doubt it's titanium as it would probably cost too much for the Connected watch price range. :(

I reckon @Osmosis will be right on that one

Any firmer news on the Heritage line-up?

Is it going to be classic Carrera, Monaco + special editions?
I'm thinking long term of course because it seems odd for there not to be a CAR2110 (i.e classic Carrera with 1887) in the premium Heritage line.
Or perhaps its CH80 from now on instead?

Not really- I get the sense that they know in broad terms what they want to do, but I wouldn't expect that its all planned and detailed out for the next 5 years. If the Monza and Autavia don't sell, then I wouldn't expect them to keep going for the sake of it.

But yes, I expect that the Carrera, Monaco (only 1 ref will be made) will be there, plus a new LE every year or so.

Calibre 1887/ Heuer-01 production volumes are the issue- I spoke with someone at TAG Heuer yesterday who felt that once production ramped up they would still like to supply all their own chronograph movements...but that at the moment it still wasn't possible.

Also caught up with Christoph Behling yesterday- lovely guy. He's been the main designer for TAG Heuer for years now and confirmed that he also designed the Carrera Heuer-01. He felt that the modular aspect of that design now made more sense given there is now a range of these watches out there- so you get to see the benefits of being modular (i.e. that new models can be efficiently produced only changing a few parts).

We also talked about the size increase on the Monza. He felt that given the sporty nature of the new design relative to the more classic/ conservative design of the 2000 Monza, the larger size made good sense.