Forums Latest Members
  1. Mr_Orange

Mr_Orange Sep 2, 2017

The photographs make the dial look black, which is wrong for that reference. It is also not the original strap. I'm not calling fake as it could just be the way the dial colour looks in the photographs.

2. PPdB

PPdB Sep 3, 2017

Well, it comes with a certificate of authenticity, that is what I would go on... don't know anything about straps, don't even like the model, just thought people here might find it interesting becuause I remember seeing it somewhere else on this forum ..

3. automobilia42

automobilia42 Sep 3, 2017

I hate to say this, but "getekend echtheidscertificaat "De Horlogemeesters" (Translated: signed certificate of originallity by "The Horlogemeesters"), means N O T H I N G, everyone can make such a paper, call themselves a watch-expert and that's it.
    Did you check their website?
    Not working!
    And their feedback?
    Not good!
    They make use of BVA and Catawiki because those firms lack the knowledge to fully understand what the Horlogemeesters are offering on their platform, I even doubt The Horlogemeesters have the knowledge themselves about the watches they offer...and then I say it mildly.

4. PPdB

PPdB Sep 3, 2017

Holt s#€& ! Nope, dus not check. I am still really busy looking for a watch tot myself :) . I will not make that mistake again. So alle thema's rumours about Catawiki are true ...so sorry people , delete link please .. now I have youre attention ; would it be possible to open a ' noob ' newbie section here ?

5. automobilia42

automobilia42 Sep 3, 2017

You have to ask the moderators here for that. But the "Is my TAG Heuer Authentic? All questions here please" and "Is my Vintage Heuer Authentic? All questions here please" are sticky threads and in my opinion sufficient enough.
    Knowledge is king, so in case you are interested in a particular model, do all the research you can, and if you don't trust it or have any questions, just open a discussion.:thumbsup:
    And always ask first and then buy, not the other way around!
    Hope I have helped you out with some of the info for buying a good, authentic Heuer or TAG Heuer, here is one last tip:
    Stay of Marktplaats for a while, or for good if they don't improve.
    I reported today already 20 fake watches...and counting....::facepalm1::
    Looks like Marktplaats still doesn't care but I keep on spamming them with the "rapporteer deze advertentie" (report this ad) button every other day or so.

PPdB likes this.
  6. PPdB

PPdB Sep 5, 2017

Yes, I've been wondering about that. Even I can see there are a lot of fakes there . Maybe it is better to send those to tag heuer, or other companies ? So they can send messages to the authorities concerning frauduleus dealings on "marktplaats" , also sent the stuff you already send them so they cannot deny it ?

7. simondesser

simondesser Sep 6, 2017

8. imagwai

imagwai Sep 6, 2017

You need better pictures on that listing. You state "The watch is in good condition, it has a few hairline scratches and wear marks, nothing very visible" but the pictures make it look scratched and dirty. GLWTS

9. simondesser

simondesser Sep 8, 2017

I tried to be as honest as I could about the condition, I know the pictures weren't great but they did show up the scratches which you can only see when you hold the watch up in certain light.

It went for a fair price.:)

10. elbeik

elbeik Sep 22, 2017

11. elbeik

elbeik Oct 10, 2017

12. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Oct 15, 2017

mouldgt likes this.
  13. imagwai

imagwai Dec 10, 2017

mouldgt and Calibre11 like this.
  14. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Oct 30, 2018

imagwai likes this.
  15. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Oct 30, 2018

Wow, seems crazy.,but I don’t know enough about these Speedys...

16. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Oct 31, 2018

Clearly there must be something special about it or it wouldn't have had that estimate, but what? Tropical dial? Whatever it is you'd think the auction house would have mentioned it in the listing wouldn't you?

17. imagwai

imagwai Oct 31, 2018

I'm no expert but the sword hands mark it out as something special.

18. imagwai

imagwai Oct 31, 2018

19. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Oct 31, 2018

Thanks for that Imagwai, I wish they would have told us what's so special - I can't really be bothered to sign up to a forum I'll never go to again just to find out. I'm sure QP will write about it eventually, but given that they've just covered Bazelworld.... it could be a long wait!

20. Mr_Orange

Mr_Orange Oct 31, 2018

For Omega Forums, just use your Calibre 11 log in and password.