41mm Aquaracer sizing

Does anyone else think the 41mm WAY aquaracers feel or wear small on the wrist? I like the look of them and I normally prefer a 39-42mm but for some reason they felt too small. I'm looking specifically at the ceramic bezel versions (way211c) which are listed as 41mm but I also tried the stainless steel version which are listed at 40.5mm and both seem identical in size.

The 43mm ones are too large and heavy. It's not on the website but I emailed TAG and they sent me the specs, 13mm thick and 212g in weight (approx) for the ceramic version with stainless bracelet.

I'm having a hard time feeling comfortable with how the watch looks on my 7'' wrist, my next option is a 42 Breitling superocean which is 800usd more.

When you see them in the window the 41mm looks very small compared to the 43mm versions, it's only 2mm but it seems to be more. The 41mm do seem a liitle dinky, could be the lugs aren't helping... I'm not sure I've tried on a 41mm in a long time, but I seem to remember feeling the same way.

Everytime I wear my Telemeter! :mad:
Is it that I talk about lady sized watches every time you wear the telemeter or is it that the telemeter feels like a lady watch? :D

Is it that I talk about lady sized watches every time you wear the telemeter or is it that the telemeter feels like a lady watch? :D
The latter. :)

IMO, the Telemeter design feels "forced and cramped'. What bothers me the most is the periphery indentation of the Telemeter, which reduces the dial even further by ~2mm. From what I can see, that indentation is not part of the other variants, which use the same 38mm case.

In addition, notice how the hour markers on the new (blue) watches are larger and touching the edge. Furthermore, the subdials on the new models seem smaller, thus yielding more adequate spacing to the overall layout.

The original Carreras were so well designed and proportioned that they seem much larger than their actual dimensions. Whereas the Telemeter, in an effort to look "more Vintage", uses tricks to make it seem smaller.

All this talk is making me consider The Rake edition. :confused:
483399-f6fd96528539b67da26d2e5ee1c32a37.jpg

When you see them in the window the 41mm looks very small compared to the 43mm versions, it's only 2mm but it seems to be more. The 41mm do seem a liitle dinky, could be the lugs aren't helping... I'm not sure I've tried on a 41mm in a long time, but I seem to remember feeling the same way.

I thought that too at first, I've been back twice and made them show me the 41's only without the 43's in sight. The lug to lug does seem rather short. I also noticed that while the case may be 41mm as stated in the stats, the bezel is only 39mm which is what my eye is normally drawn to because it's such a nice shade of blue. I don't think the angular shape of the watch helps either.

@dtf, I've looked at the Colt 41, it's nice but too shiny but did not see the skyracer. I really like the Superocean II, just trying to see if I can fit it in my budget and do additional research on the rubber inserts they use on those watches.

I'm going to try it one more time. It's a shame I may have to pass on this, the AR ticks all the boxes for me, it's nice and shiny and not actually as blingy as I first thought and that blue ceramic bezel has really grown on me.

I thought that too at first, I've been back twice and made them show me the 41's only without the 43's in sight. The lug to lug does seem rather short. I also noticed that while the case may be 41mm as stated in the stats, the bezel is only 39mm which is what my eye is normally drawn to because it's such a nice shade of blue. I don't think the angular shape of the watch helps either.

@dtf, I've looked at the Colt 41, it's nice but too shiny but did not see the skyracer. I really like the Superocean II, just trying to see if I can fit it in my budget and do additional research on the rubber inserts they use on those watches.

I'm going to try it one more time. It's a shame I may have to pass on this, the AR ticks all the boxes for me, it's nice and shiny and not actually as blingy as I first thought and that blue ceramic bezel has really grown on me.
The Skyracer is awesome, you shold check it out. Wearing mine tonight ::psy::

The Skyracer is awesome, you shold check it out. Wearing mine tonight ::psy::

How do you like it? I tried one on in T5 last week, really like it :) seems like a really good watch for the money

How do you like it? I tried one on in T5 last week, really like it :) seems like a really good watch for the money
I love it, my favorite watch right now! Still in the honeymoon period 3 months after purchase :)

The skyracer is bigger, but doesn't feel too big on, it's cf composite, very light and surprisingly thin. I tried one on last week and almost bought it on the spot.

I bought the same watch (way211c) a few weeks ago and also have a 7” wrist and it feels like the right size.

I didn’t try the 43mm version on several times and it felt way too big.

The problem I find is that watch sizing is very conditional, depending what you are used to, what you are wearing, etc.

This week, Im wearing a 44mm aquaracer. I've been wearing a 36mm carrera for the last month or so. Both feel like a good size.

I tried the 41mm AR again today next to an Oris sixty-five which was 42mm. Side by side they look close enough in size with the Aquaracer barely seeming 1mm smaller than the Oris which is the size difference on paper. I had them side by side and the crystals up against one another, there was really not much in it between the two. On my wrist however, it's a totally different story with the AR feeling so much smaller than it is. I didn't want to give up on this but it just doesn't work on me.

Now I'm just trying to justify the extra cost and convince myself that the chronometer rating and the "extra" build quality on the Brietling makes it worth the extra cost.

The problem I find is that watch sizing is very conditional, depending what you are used to, what you are wearing, etc.

This week, Im wearing a 44mm aquaracer. I've been wearing a 36mm carrera for the last month or so. Both feel like a good size.

Totally this, if I go into a shop to try on watches wearing my Heuer01 45mm I get a totally different opinion than if I go in wearing my F1 Kirium.

Totally this, if I go into a shop to try on watches wearing my Heuer01 45mm I get a totally different opinion than if I go in wearing my F1 Kirium.

I've noticed my opinion varies a lot from month to month. Opinion varies day to day, based on what I was wearing, what watch I had on and what mood I am in. In future I'm being very carefully before I pull the trigger!

What do you guys think of the Carrera 41mm as a casual watch? I might consider it as the Superocean seems a bit much in terms of price and blingyness... I don't really want to rush into paying an extra 800usd on my second option.

The current iteration Carrera seems very formal or smart looking, all the wrist shots I've seen have it sticking out of a shirt cuff but I think it might be ok as a casual everyday watch.

Is that the blue one? I see that blue Carrera which is seemingly being sold as a Ladies model, but it's very smart and big enough for most men.