3-Piece (TRIO) Collection

Just for fun. Any brand (or hopefully one is Heuer/TAG Heuer 😉) Your ultimate three and call it happy/satisfied (quits) 👍 The three must be your daily, something you’d wear in rotation, probably for the rest of your life 😀

Interested to know what’s yours? 📖

Here’s Mine ::rimshot::
TAG Heuer Carrera Skipper - weekday casual
TAG Heuer Monaco Dark Lord - formal coat & tie
TAG Heuer Carrera Golden Glassbox - motorsport events

Curious that you would choose three current models...

Curious that you would choose three current models...
Yeah I know somehow, you would notice this 😉

I’m probably in the waning stages of my watch hobby collection to be honest.. But like in any hobby, who knows? I guess we will never know. From the beginning, I’ve been very loyal to TAG Heuer and ONLY to TAG Heuer. It is the only watch brand I can truly relate. If someone asks me if I am into the watch hobby, I’d probably answer it like, “Yes, but only for TAG Heuer” 😉

I need to dial down on my TH watches and enjoy them. I’m not keen into selling any of those because they are all part of my journey and my philosophy.

The choice of these three represents homage to “Heuer Grails” but in the modern TAG Heuer package. My love for history, love for nostalgia and motorsports can all be traced in these trio of watches.

TAG Heuer Skipper is a good casual daily watch, blue is one of my favorite colors and represents water which is the element of my birthyear. That’s why I initially wanted an Aquaracer as a daily, but half of me tells me I should get a Carrera since it is also in my DNA 😉 The mashup of the two is simply perfect for me and represents who I am.
And this is a rebirth of the Skipper after 40 years in hiatus (1983) 👍

The Dark Lord Monaco is a formal no nonsense dress watch. It is elegant and commanding. One you can wear in a Gala or in any momentous occasion. Isn’t it the watch worn by Royalty? It is the watch you want to be seen. I’ve proven that it is the more iconic, between the Monaco and the Carrera.

And lastly, the Golden Glassbox Carrera speaks of the 1158 CHN. Dubbed the “Ferrari” and worn by F1 legends. I don’t think any motorsport watch can trump this. It is only rivalled by the Rolex Panda Daytona. But to me the 1158 CHN Carrera is better than the Daytona in terms of prestige and pedigree. Actual watch worn by actual race car driver. And nothing beats Gold 😉 My taste has truly ended to the maturity side. It is the watch of champions. Although I’d love to get the original one, I don’t think I’d be able to maintain it for quite long thus the newer vesion 👍
Edited:

^ @kappa_md, seems like the question you were really asking (for yourself) is what will be my final 3? Rather than my only 3, am I right?

Or could you really live with just those 3 watches and nothing else from the rest of your existing collection?

After some thinking I may have got the 3 watch Trio...

Original Skipper at Number 1
1158CHN at Number 2
60th Anniversary Panda at Number 3

It was hard to leave out the 1133B.

As has been stated in previous comments I'm afraid my Trio could change in a Heartbeat.

1158CHN at Number 2

As has been stated in previous comments I'm afraid my Trio could change in a Heartbeat.
Nice list. 👍
But would you honestly daily wear 1 & 2?
I couldn't, I'd be too paranoid. It's one of the reasons I've been on the fence about whether to seriously go after my #1 grail.

^ @kappa_md, seems like the question you were really asking (for yourself) is what will be my final 3? Rather than my only 3, am I right?

Or could you really live with just those 3 watches and nothing else from the rest of your existing collection?

It’s just hypothetical sir 😀 Probably I wanted to know your ONLY THREE watch collection.

But in reality, we know that just having three is a very difficult and tough choice for a collection 😉

1158CHN at Number 2

All excellent choices sir @Anthony.R 👍 So far we’re the only two with the ALL Heuer/TAG Heuer choice 😉

Same passion & same wavelength, great minds do think alike 😁

It’s just hypothetical sir 😀 Probably I wanted to know your ONLY THREE watch collection.

But in reality, we know that just having three is a very difficult and tough choice for a collection 😉
Yes I know that's the question you asked of us.

But it seems to me, from your response to Rob, you're also thinking personally about what might be your final 3. Because I can't imagine you'd be willing to let certain pieces in your existing collection go (hypothetically).

For example, do you honestly prefer the new Skipper over all the heritage Heuer branded glassboxes in your collection? Nothing wrong if you do.
Edited:

Nice list. 👍
But would you honestly daily wear 1 & 2?
I couldn't, I'd be too paranoid. It's one of the reasons I've been on the fence about whether to seriously go after my #1 grail.

If I owned 1 & 2 I would definitely wear them in a rotation. Without a doubt.
I wouldn't want them to be locked away.

But the chances if ever owning them is about 1%.

Yes I know that's the question you asked of us.

But it seems to me, from your response to Rob, you're also thinking personally about what might be your final 3. Because I can't imagine you'd be willing to let certain pieces in your existing collection go (hypothetically).

For example, do you honestly prefer the new Skipper over all the heritage Heuer branded glassboxes in your collection? Nothing wrong if you do.

I think I’d go with the new Skipper sir 👍. If I’m really true to myself, I’m a TAG Heuer guy but loves the Heuer pieces.

If I owned 1 & 2 I would definitely wear them in a rotation. Without a doubt.
I wouldn't want them to be locked away.

But the chances if ever owning them is about 1%.
More power to you.

I certainly would wear them. But not daily them for everyday use. I need "normal" watches for that.

That's why Kappa's criteria of "must be your daily" makes the question very hard for me to answer.

More power to you.

I certainly would wear them. But not daily them for everyday use. I need "normal" watches for that.

That's why Kappa's criteria of "must be your daily" makes the question very hard for me to answer.

I agree it's such a hard question.
I can't imagine not being able to wear the Hodinkee Skipper or Blue Dreamer again.

Mine would be:

Seamaster Diver 300M
Aquaracer Professional 300
Pelagos FXD

Oh wait, I must be done then.

Must be daily wear is a hard stipulation. I can't even wear my current H01 skeleton daily, or my WAY208C Aquaracer...

The “Daily” proposition is because you ONLY have THREE in your wonderful collection! Not necessarily daily per se but these TRIO / TRINITY are part of the rotation of which you have 😉

Mine would be:

Seamaster Diver 300M
Aquaracer Professional 300
Pelagos FXD

Oh wait, I must be done then.
Good to hear that sir @bpsmith ! Congratulations ::rimshot::
Edited:

The first two are easy, WAY Night Diver and BB58:

The Night Diver is a fun casual watch that feels great on the wrist, the BB58 is subtle and classy, can dress it up or down and it’s beautifully finished.

The third watch is tricky, if we are talking daily wear, it probably needs to be a beater for all those times I don’t want to risk damage to pvd or leather, but I’d also like a chrono for the days I want something fancier:

The first two are easy, WAY Night Diver and BB58:

The Night Diver is a fun casual watch that feels great on the wrist, the BB58 is subtle and classy, can dress it up or down and it’s beautifully finished.

The third watch is tricky, if we are talking daily wear, it probably needs to be a beater for all those times I don’t want to risk damage to pvd or leather, but I’d also like a chrono for the days I want something fancier:
That's a great trio! That last shot of your JH80 is making me want one again!

That's a great trio! That last shot of your JH80 is making me want one again!

Sadly not my JH80, it’s a watch I’ve aspired to own since I joined this forum in 2015! The other two are mine and are in almost daily rotation, I think a JH80 is probably my next purchase as I have plenty of divers and casual watches, but no dressy chronographs.