Forums Latest Members
  1. kappa_md

kappa_md Nov 17, 2023

Just for fun. Any brand (or hopefully one is Heuer/TAG Heuer ;)) Your ultimate three and call it happy/satisfied (quits) :thumbsup: The three must be your daily, something you’d wear in rotation, probably for the rest of your life :)

Interested to know what’s yours? ::book::

Here’s Mine ::rimshot::
    TAG Heuer Carrera Skipper - weekday casual
    TAG Heuer Monaco Dark Lord - formal coat & tie
    TAG Heuer Carrera Golden Glassbox - motorsport events
    DC5DCFA4-34AC-4372-94A0-D7DDF2AEF3E8.jpeg

2. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Nov 17, 2023

I can't answer that. Because for a daily watch, having an ultimate 3 and calling it quits, just isn't going to happen. There'll always be another one, eventually.

But I have come to the realization that I tend to collect things in threes. I guess it's like the old saying, "good things come in threes".

It started with the S/el
    20210614_090007.jpg

Then the Monaco
    [​IMG]

Also with the vintage original Formula 1
    [​IMG]

James Bond watches
    [​IMG]

And most recently, the Carrera (excluding my wife's pink one)
    [​IMG]

mattp, Gene242, HoltzPlatz and 4 others like this.
  3. kappa_md

kappa_md Nov 18, 2023

Super nice TRIO collection sir @Mspeedster :thumbsup:
    I have always said that the collection speaks more about the collector, and I can clearly see alot of similarities in our passion sir ;)

3x S/ELs, 3x Monacos, 3x Formula1s,
    3x Carreras & 3x James Bond watches :)

Interested to see what’s next ::book::

Mspeedster likes this.
  4. thingziliketoo

thingziliketoo Nov 18, 2023

Carrera 160th
    Rolex Submariner Date
    Rolex Explorer 39

dtf, Jim Dollares and kappa_md like this.
  5. kappa_md

kappa_md Nov 18, 2023

Great TRIO selection sir @thingziliketoo ! I can probably relate to those three myself :thumbsup:

thingziliketoo likes this.
  6. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Nov 18, 2023

JP, first of all, I must say that the concept of a three piece watch collection is a brilliant idea. This is actually a philosophy I live by myself and I have found that alternating between three pieces is a wonderful way of life. Some might even say it is a way to achieve calmness and satisfaction in your soul.

As far as my own three piece watch collection goes there is one thing I miss and have on my long long term wish list. Just like your dream scenario, I feel that one needs gold in the collection. In the future I plan to replace my Chanel powered Tudor with something beautiful in yellow gold. Preferably two tone but full yellow gold can sometimes be desirable too.

No budget, all dreams, this is what my three piece collection would be:

Ice King

TAG Heuer Superdiver

Rolex yellow gold blue dial two-toner blusey Sub

7. imagwai

imagwai Nov 18, 2023

Very, very difficult. And I am pained that I haven't included my BB58 or the Panda. But if money no object, I think it *might* be these 3. Ask me again tomorrow and you might get a different answer though.

Abel Court Monaco
    Lake Suwa
    Vintage Daytona

2023-03-26-15.07.57.jpg Grand-Seiko-Evolution-9-140th-Anniversary-Limited-Edition-SLGA007-lake-suwa-review-6-1536x1025.jpg vintage+Rolex+Daytona+Reference+6265+.jpg

8. imagwai

imagwai Nov 18, 2023

Screenshot 2023-11-18 085631.png

bpsmith and Jim Dollares like this.
  9. kappa_md

kappa_md Nov 18, 2023

Brilliant 3 piece collection! I know what you mean about achieving a sense of calmness & satisfication :thumbsup: Less is more :)

Very robust daily TH Superdiver! (I need to try this for myself) Ofcourse, the Ice King can be so versatile in any moment and any situation. And ah yes, Rolex Sub ;)

I’d probably call this 3-piece / trio collection
    The Daily Trinity :thumbsup:

10. Anthony.R

Anthony.R Nov 18, 2023

Ahhhh Doc
    You've set a very difficult task my friend.
    I need to really think about this.
    Will come back with some sort of 3 Watch Collection soon.
    Your selection is well thought of. A watch for all occasions.

kappa_md likes this.
  11. kappa_md

kappa_md Nov 18, 2023

Great choice sir Charlie @imagwai ! I can clearly see your taste, super classy and refined :thumbsup:

I’m beginning to know each and everyone better ;)

imagwai likes this.
  12. kappa_md

kappa_md Nov 18, 2023

Please take your time my very dear good friend ;)
    I know we all love watches so time is on our side :thumbsup:

Anthony.R likes this.
  13. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Nov 18, 2023

Well this is impossible.

Albert-AMG, imagwai and Mspeedster like this.
  14. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Nov 18, 2023

Thanks!
    To be honest, I have no idea what comes next. It was my intention to be on a long hiatus after buying the 60th Anniversary Carrera, as I was happy and content. Then the Ikuzawa came along and I had to have it. Thus I know there's no such thing as an ultimate "daily wear" 3 for me.

However, if your question had simply been the ultimate 3, money no object, it would be the following:

1. Heuer Carrera 1158CHN, as worn by Niki Lauda (the one given to Ronnie Peterson has slight differences)
    [​IMG]

2. The original James Bond Submariner ref 6538
    [​IMG]

3. 100th Anniversary of Le Mans Rolex Daytona or a vintage Paul Newman Daytona
    [​IMG]

thingziliketoo and kappa_md like this.
  15. McBeardy

McBeardy Nov 18, 2023

3 piece & my beater is the aim & currently at a 2 piece & a beater.

Ideally what mine will look like is:

Tudor BB58 OG Black. - diver & daily
    Speedy 3861 Sapphire Sandwich - chronograph (one that I miss)
    Tudor BB36 new movement Light Champage. smart yet also very GADA.

Personally don’t care for a date, prefer bracelets, and a wearable size. Plus on the chronograph I find 12hrs practical & manual wind is nice.

Money no object yet still realistic.

Rolex Sub 14060m 2 Liner. - personally I think the best looking watch out there.
    Speedy as above.
    Lange 1 in white gold - drop the mic for me

16. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Nov 18, 2023

So you're back to wanting the Speedy again. Do you really like it more than the green Seamaster or is it because you feel the need for a chrono in your 3 watch line up?

17. McBeardy

McBeardy Nov 18, 2023

Wanting & getting is another thing, with the current RRP I doubt I’ll be picking one up soon.

I do really like the green Seamaster, but feel that fad my pass, I’m sure I’ll get bored of the HEV, date function, mix-matched lume which are all bug bears of mine. I also find each iteration of the Speedy dates the older model a bit. Now I think it’s cool and very in at the moment. If I didn’t have the BB58 which I love. Then maybe.

Regarding Speedy, I didn’t realise how much I enjoy or use a chronograph function until owning one. Now I’ve been through the Speedy, Carrera (both briefly) & the Monaco, all the standouts of what I like the look off (pleasing to the eye is very much a high on my watch list) I feel the Speedy ticks more of what I like in watch - bracelet, functionality, no date, good PR, manual wind was nice - especially as it wouldn’t be a daily, retro feel, modern movement, 3,6,9 layout inc 12hrs. When I had mine the pull for a Monaco was high, now owning the Monaco for circa 10m, maybe I admit is was to rushed to let it go. Also couldn’t get a good fit on the bracelet, the new on the fly adjustable clasp does change that.

I expect the Tudor BB36 will be picked up next for me. Besides I’ll await to see what Omega announce soon.

Mspeedster likes this.
  18. McBeardy

McBeardy Nov 18, 2023

always felt the BB58 was the modern Bond Sub on looks, (from Russia with Love). However probably more BB54 is more suited.

Mspeedster and dtf like this.
  19. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Nov 18, 2023

Yup, that's part of the charm for me. One owner went as far as to change the hands and crown on his BB54 to replicate the look.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CxGmQDpR_ha/

BB54 bond replica.jpg

RockBurner likes this.
  20. McBeardy

McBeardy Nov 18, 2023

Got to admire someone to go the route with a new watch. Looks a bigger crown than standard also.

Mercedes hands for me only suit Rolexes & not in gilt. I for one like the snowflake style

dtf and VirgileF like this.