2023 TAG Heuer Solargraph Steel (WBP1114)

But.... that light blue second hand looks like plastic

I’ve been checking this every morning for the last week…. Chisholm Hunter strikes again…

https://www.chisholmhunter.co.uk/ta...-solargraph-wbp1113-ba0000-2-038-04-0426.html

And here I was going to be all sneaky-like by posting this

Thats a very nice looking piece. Lets hope the real thing looks blue and not black sometimes slightly blue under harsh light

It's a "rich" blue, rather than a "deep" blue, by default.

Edited:

It's a "rich" blue, rather than a "deep" blue, by default.
Have you seen it in person? As we know, about 97% of the times the renders look nothing like the product

Have you seen it in person? As we know, about 97% of the times the renders look nothing like the product

I don't think anyone outside TAG has their hands on them yet, I'm going by the same materials (at source quality) as CH have uploaded to their site and inferring based on the distinction between the black & blue dials, light & dark shots. Also, based on '22 WBP2111 fume dial, and the difference between render & real.

I like the original, but this colour is great too. As above, it really needs to be seen though. If it’s a proper vivid blue, then it’s a winner.

The light blue second hand is clearly their way of delineating it as being a Solargraph and links all current models. Reminds me of pretty much every car manufacturer having a blue badge in their EV’s.

Still no quick adjust clasp though… 😀

Seems to be on a fair few websites now if you google the model code. Looking forward to seeing how it is in person.

Reminds me of pretty much every car manufacturer having a blue badge in their EV’s.
Pretty spot on, I had not thought about this before. So is the Solargraph the hippie engine of the watch world? What you wear to virtue signal that you are vegan and that you think the world is ending in 10 years? A watch that will let people around you know that your biggest hero is Greta Thunberg? While conservative old men like me wear mechanical watches running on oil and jewels 😝

Pretty spot on, I had not thought about this before. So is the Solargraph the hippie engine of the watch world? What you wear to virtue signal that you are vegan and that you think the world is ending in 10 years? A watch that will let people around you know that your biggest hero is Greta Thunberg? While conservative old men like me wear mechanical watches running on oil and jewels 😝

I have no idea, as don’t qualify under any of the groups other than your last sentence.

The light blue second hand is clearly their way of delineating it as being a Solargraph and links all current models.

Still no quick adjust clasp though… 😀

I think you're right about the second hand - it also looks a bit like plastic because it's fully lumed.

And yes - £2k on a bracelet and no quick adjust? My <£1K C60 TP 600 has quick adjust, quick release spring bars, and higher WR.

I think that one looks really nice. Hopefully, the blue dial will look as good in the metal.

The black dlc is probably still my fav, but this blue looks very nice too. I'd probably be more inclined to get one of these Solargraphs over the Cal 5 variant. If they make a Night Diver tribute I'd be very tempted.

The black dlc is probably still my fav, but this blue looks very nice too. I'd probably be more inclined to get one of these Solargraphs over the Cal 5 variant. If they make a Night Diver tribute I'd be very tempted.

Solargraph night diver seems like a much better evolution of the night diver line than the calibre 5.

Agree! 40mm Solargraph night diver would be killer, hope they make it with a black coated bracelet then. Black polished center links yes or no? 😝

Agree! 40mm Solargraph night diver would be killer, hope they make it with a black coated bracelet then. Black polished center links yes or no? 😝
Yes to a bracelet, but no to polished center links for me.

Being that I like more faithful tributes, I'd rather see a dlc jubilee bracelet. Furthermore, I'd really love it if they replicated the original 1000 dial face within the Solargaph's case and bezel. One thing I do like about the 300m Night Diver over the 200m face is the octagonal markers better replicate the look of the circle makers on the original 1000.

They should make a Solargraph Night Diver in black ceramic with polished ceramic centre links.