2023 TAG Heuer Solargraph Steel (WBP1114)

More luxurious and cheaper price! You don't see that combo very often

Interesting, I just been told it's actually £1700, not £1950.

Interesting, I just been told it's actually £1700, not £1950.
Wouldn’t £1,700 be a tad low when the standard Quartz is £1,850?

I can just see TH wanting to set this slightly higher than battery Quartz.

Yeah, I agree, no way it's going to be cheaper than standard quartz models.

But that's what I was told...
That’s fair enough. Be nice if it was.

I tried on both current interactions a good while back. Really nice looking, but the titanium felt like a toy and was a touch highly priced in my opinion.

As you know, the 200 Steel case is lovely, so this version should be more popular you would think.

Why would they launch a steel reference that looks like a copy of the titanium? 😕
I still prefer the titanium but it does water down the want I would imagine.

Maybe the titanium is on its way out? Too expensive.... I agree doesn't make sense to have both

Has anyone else tried the titanium version on.

I like the tone and finish, but the weight was stupidly light. I just couldn’t take it seriously. Appreciate that others my differ in that opinion, but interested whether that is the case?

I tried it on. It was very light, but I preferred it to the black one because it looked bigger (even though they are the same size). If the black one was 42mm I would have bought it.

I tried it on. It was very light, but I preferred it to the black one because it looked bigger (even though they are the same size). If the black one was 42mm I would have bought it.
I hear you. I still like the solar idea, even though others complain that it’s based on a cheap movement.

I hear you. I still like the solar idea, even though others complain that it’s based on a cheap movement.
Unlike the fancy ETA and Sellitas 🙄

I like the tone and finish, but the weight was stupidly light. I just couldn’t take it seriously. Appreciate that others my differ in that opinion, but interested whether that is the case?
I agree, the size and the weight made it feel like a little toy. The steel version will definitely be way better

I actually really like that it is so lightweight, I use it for paddleboarding - where people pay stupid money [rich from a watch enthusiast I know] to save a few grams on a carbon shaft paddle.

Whacking mine on the kitchen scale 87g... not a scientific calibrated number but perhaps an indication?

For reference I have a 39mm carerra with croc strap that my scale says is 76g - the aquaracer seems to "feel" lighter imo because it's a metal bracelet and I think psychologically one expects it to weigh more than it does so it's a bit of a surprise when you pick it up.