2023 Monaco releases

I will admit I don't quite understand the "Rolex-mania" that exists even though I own a couple. They are great watches, to be sure, but I personally wouldn't pay over MSRP for one. I'd rather just wait it out and see what comes in at the AD for me now and then.
Of course not everyone is that sensible. There are different reasons why people buy a Rolex but lets not ponder over that. Congratulations on the Skeleton though. Of course you can do one thing with a Monaco that you can't with a Rolex ...... not get mugged ::psy::

I'll post a couple of pics of the skeleton turquoise here too.

It is hard to answer your question. First, did the Dark Lord feel like it was worth something like $4000 more than my older C12? Hard to say, but I thought it looked cool so went for it. Same with this one -- it definitely has more "pop" to it with the turquoise than the Dark Lord. Honestly, the skeleton aspect of it is more subtle than you would think. It shows up a lot in pictures, but when you glance down at the watch, you don't immediately think "OMG look at all of the workings!".

I will say that I find the rubber strap on the skeleton more comfortable than the alligator strap on the Dark Lord. Neither of them is as comfortable as the metal band on the C12 though. I wish they made a DLC black metal band for the Monaco.

Anyway, for me it was a nice addition to the collection. What's crazy is that within 24 hours of deciding to pull the trigger on the skeleton, my Rolex AD texted me saying a Sprite GMT ii I had wanted finally came in.
Congrats @Electronaut; nice collection!

Congrats! Who needs a Rolex when that skeleton Monaco bad boy is on wrist!

Good point Jimbo! I was just thinking ‘I can’t spend Rolex money on a Monaco’, but Daytona aside, I far prefer the pvd monaco to any current Rolex.

So I bought the turquoise one on release day but didn't get it on my wrist until today. I'll try to post a shot tomorrow. I got the Dark Lord a few months ago, and they are both so similar (DLC titanium) yet so different.

I read the last few pages, so apologies if someone else mentioned this, but the new turquoise skeleton Monaco reminds me a bit of the official Bamford from a few years ago with the blue subdials. Of course the case material is different, but at first glance they feel really similar.

Anyway, I know the style isn't for everyone, but it is my third Monaco and I love it. Watches are for ourselves, not for others! Well, except that we like to talk about them. And cars. LOL

Hi everyone, new to the forum. I was able to try on and photograph all three of the new Monaco watches before choosing which one would join the Dark Lord and Steve McQueen that I picked up last year. Wrist-shots are below. I'm still rumenating about the one I ended up buying, but I'll happily answer any questions in the meantime.

PXL_20230527_121046759.jpg

PXL_20230527_121309006.MP.jpg

PXL_20230527_121246626.jpg
Edited:

Hi everyone, new to the forum. I was able to try on and photograph all three of the new Monaco watches before choosing which one would join the Dark Lord and Steve McQueen that I picked up last year. Wrist-shots are below. I'm still rumenating about the one I ended up buying, but I'll happily answer any questions in the meantime.

PXL_20230527_121046759.jpg

PXL_20230527_121309006.MP.jpg

PXL_20230527_121246626.jpg
Welcome! Which did you end-up buying?

Seems like these are selling, despite the price....

Don't know how true it is, but I was told there were only 12 of the turquoise and 24 of each of the other two available in the U.S. upon initial launch.

Thanks for the welcome.

Seems like these are selling, despite the price....
Price did give me pause for thought. More on that below.

Welcome! Which did you end-up buying?
Turquoise.

I was contemplating getting the silver/black version, with its bead blasted titanium bezel it would sit between the Steve McQueen (shiny steel bezel) and the Dark Lord (matt black bezel) that I have. But in the shop with my other Monacos, my wife and I were drawn to the turquoise one because it is a fun and casual looking watch something that my watch collection could do with. Have TAG Heuer jumped the shark with this watch, only time will tell. As for price........... there's no getting around it, it is almost £2k more than the Dark Lord. But then openwork/skeleton watches do carry a hefty premium
Edited:

Turquoise.

I was contemplating getting the silver/black version, with its bead blasted titanium bezel it would sit between the Steve McQueen (shiny steel bezel) and the Dark Lord (matt black bezel) that I have. But in the shop with my other Monacos, my wife and I were drawn to the turquoise one because it is a fun and casual looking watch something that my watch collection could do with. Have TAG Heuer jumped the shark with this watch, only time will tell. As for price........... there's no getting around it, it is expensive given that it's almost £2k more than the Dark Lord. But then openwork/skeleton watches do carry a hefty premium.
Congrats @KojakWeb!
Welcome to the forum, you've been added to our McQueen owners' list: https://tagheuerforums.com/threads/...calibre-11-caw211p.23229/page-19#post-2187541

So I'm trying to figure out what to do... This is going to sound like a for sale post, but it isn't. Bear with me.

I posted above how I got the new turquoise skeleton Monaco. I actually got two of them. No, I didn't buy two with the intent of flipping one or anything like that.

I had been working with a dealer and had been vacillating on whether or not to pull the trigger and buy one. At the last minute, I decided to go ahead and buy one. But, by then, the dealer had sold all that they had available and so said they would put me on a list for the next one they got in. I quickly checked the official TH website, and they still had one available from there, so I immediately bought it. A half hour later, I heard from the dealer again that someone who was going to buy one of the new watches bailed out on them at the last minute, so they suddenly had one available again.

I felt bad about not buying from the dealer I had been working with, so I went ahead and bought that one from them too. I most likely will return the one I got from TH directly. But, there's always the nagging feeling of ... flip it? I suspect though that TH priced these right -- I think they have their supply/demand down pretty good and squeezed just about as much money out of these as the market will bear right now.

I'd love other opinions though. Oh, there's also the thing of feeling like a jerk for having a second watch someone else might want, which is one more reason to just send it back for a refund and give someone else the chance to get it from the official site.

I'd love other opinions though. Oh, there's also the thing of feeling like a jerk for having a second watch someone else might want, which is one more reason to just send it back for a refund and give someone else the chance to get it from the official site.
A stand up thing to do would be to offer it at retail to a fellow forum member who's unable to attain one. But you need a lot more posts before you can put it up for sale on the forum's marketplace (200 minimum).

A stand up thing to do would be to offer it at retail to a fellow forum member who's unable to attain one. But you need a lot more posts before you can put it up for sale on the forum's marketplace (200 minimum).

Yeah, and both the other forum member and I would probably be super leery of each other. I don't want to end up out a bit over $12k (including tax), and neither do they!

Given that it's not a limited edition, I don't think you are going to be able to 'flip it' for much.... probably best to send the one back to the website.

But, there's always the nagging feeling of ... flip it? I
For sure you can't flip it, not when these aren't limited edition as Rob reminded above and also because these are still easily available on TH website. Also, our Japanese friends were already selling the Skeletons at a 20% discount on C24 on the day of the launch. Returning the one you bought from the website makes sense as it allows you to retain the relationship with your AD.

Agreed about returning it, but they are not easily available from the TH site, at least in the U.S. They sold the quantities they had on the first day and switched to a wait-list. FYI, it took me about 9 months to get the new Dark Lord after joining the wait-list on the U.S. website.

Yeah, and both the other forum member and I would probably be super leery of each other. I don't want to end up out a bit over $12k (including tax), and neither do they!
Understandable. That is the reason for the 200 post minimum, you get to know the forum members and they get to know you. But since you don't have the time to build up forum trust, simply return it.

Understandable. That is the reason for the 200 post minimum, you get to know the forum members and they get to know you. But since you don't have the time to build up forum trust, simply return it.

I'll follow the tracking on the return and post as soon as TH has it back. That way maybe someone from here can start calling them and try to grab it if they want it.

Agreed about returning it, but they are not easily available from the TH site, at least in the U.S. They sold the quantities they had on the first day and switched to a wait-list. FYI, it took me about 9 months to get the new Dark Lord after joining the wait-list on the U.S. website.

Dark Lord was limited availability though, this one is core product.