2023 Monaco releases

Interestingly, when I saw them for a short period it was the one which least grabbed my attention.

That said, and having had time to reflect, it may be the easiest of the 3 to live with longer term given the black case with it’s turquoise accents and the blue being quite bright.
Yes, I think the black one will age better.

Yes, I think the black one will age better.
When you say the black one, does it mean the black dlc coated one with turquoise? Or the black/red you showed in the pic with the blue? Because you've previously said the Turquoise is your least favorite.

Many here think of the black as the black dlc & turquoise.

Tks for sharing, but I dunno :thumbsdown:

Maybe it is because I’m not an English native speaker. Or maybe because writing something substantial about “iconic watches” that have been done to death is very difficult to begin with…

But to me, this just reads like the prose of someone who’s paid by the line, but doesn’t really have an emotional connection to the subject at stake. It’s professional journalism, but it’s about as much fun to read as an article about a football game, the recap of which you have already watched.
Yes the bulk of the article does read that way. As do almost all articles on new watch releases, whether it be Hodinkee, Monochrome, Revolution or whomever.

I was only referring to her closing remarks. Which I felt was a bit more thoughtful than what's typically written in most of these kinds of articles. I found it refreshing because it was coming from a younger female's viewpoint, rather than the typical middle aged male's perspective we usually get.

When you say the black one, does it mean the black dlc coated one with turquoise? Or the black/red you showed in the pic with the blue? Because you've previously said the Turquoise is your least favorite.

Many here think of the black as the black dlc & turquoise.
The black and red. The other is the Tiffany wannabe.

I’m pretty new to the watch community but I personally don’t get the “skeleton” watch design:eek: , no matter who makes them , I also only like square or oblong watches , other than the Monaco the Cartier Santos 100 and a Jaeger Reverso are on my wish list ::love::

So I bought the turquoise one on release day but didn't get it on my wrist until today. I'll try to post a shot tomorrow. I got the Dark Lord a few months ago, and they are both so similar (DLC titanium) yet so different.

I read the last few pages, so apologies if someone else mentioned this, but the new turquoise skeleton Monaco reminds me a bit of the official Bamford from a few years ago with the blue subdials. Of course the case material is different, but at first glance they feel really similar.

Anyway, I know the style isn't for everyone, but it is my third Monaco and I love it. Watches are for ourselves, not for others! Well, except that we like to talk about them. And cars. LOL

So I bought the turquoise one on release day but didn't get it on my wrist until today. I'll try to post a shot tomorrow. I got the Dark Lord a few months ago, and they are both so similar (DLC titanium) yet so different.

I read the last few pages, so apologies if someone else mentioned this, but the new turquoise skeleton Monaco reminds me a bit of the official Bamford from a few years ago with the blue subdials. Of course the case material is different, but at first glance they feel really similar.

Anyway, I know the style isn't for everyone, but it is my third Monaco and I love it. Watches are for ourselves, not for others! Well, except that we like to talk about them. And cars. LOL

Congratulations on your purchase.
Please do post some pics of your Monaco's.

Congratulations on your purchase.
Please do post some pics of your Monaco's.

Thank you!

Here are the other two ...no shots of the new skeleton yet, but will tomorrow. Unfortunately neither is a great pic. One of the blue face is a shot from when the crystal popped off a few weeks after an official service! Although out of warranty, TH was really good about making it right.

Oh, and I threw in a pic from 2007 of my S/EL I've bad since 1989 or so.

Congrats @Electronaut! Enjoy it in good health! :thumbsup:
Welcome to the forum! Always great to have another Monaco enthusiast in the house, your C12 looks very well worn and well loved! ::love::
Looking forward to seeing lots of pics of your newest addition! :D

Thank you!

Here are the other two ...no shots of the new skeleton yet, but will tomorrow. Unfortunately neither is a great pic. One of the blue face is a shot from when the crystal popped off a few weeks after an official service! Although out of warranty, TH was really good about making it right.

Oh, and I threw in a pic from 2007 of my S/EL I've bad since 1989 or so.
Welcome to the best forum in the world!

Will be exciting to see photos of your skeleton Monaco, I think you definitely chose the coolest and best looking one

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the forum. So since you are the only person I can think of who has both, does the skeleton seem like it's £2000 better than the Dark Lord?

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the forum. So since you are the only person I can think of who has both, does the skeleton seem like it's £2000 better than the Dark Lord?

I'll post a couple of pics of the skeleton turquoise here too.

It is hard to answer your question. First, did the Dark Lord feel like it was worth something like $4000 more than my older C12? Hard to say, but I thought it looked cool so went for it. Same with this one -- it definitely has more "pop" to it with the turquoise than the Dark Lord. Honestly, the skeleton aspect of it is more subtle than you would think. It shows up a lot in pictures, but when you glance down at the watch, you don't immediately think "OMG look at all of the workings!".

I will say that I find the rubber strap on the skeleton more comfortable than the alligator strap on the Dark Lord. Neither of them is as comfortable as the metal band on the C12 though. I wish they made a DLC black metal band for the Monaco.

Anyway, for me it was a nice addition to the collection. What's crazy is that within 24 hours of deciding to pull the trigger on the skeleton, my Rolex AD texted me saying a Sprite GMT ii I had wanted finally came in.

It is hard to answer your question. First, did the Dark Lord feel like it was worth something like $4000 more than my older C12? Hard to say, but I thought it looked cool so went for it. Same with this one -- it definitely has more "pop" to it with the turquoise than the Dark Lord. Honestly, the skeleton aspect of it is more subtle than you would think. It shows up a lot in pictures, but when you glance down at the watch, you don't immediately think "OMG look at all of the workings!".

I will say that I find the rubber strap on the skeleton more comfortable than the alligator strap on the Dark Lord. Neither of them is as comfortable as the metal band on the C12 though. I wish they made a DLC black metal band for the Monaco.

Anyway, for me it was a nice addition to the collection. What's crazy is that within 24 hours of deciding to pull the trigger on the skeleton, my Rolex AD texted me saying a Sprite GMT ii I had wanted finally came in.
Looks great - I hope you’ve picked up that sprite!

Looks great - I hope you’ve picked up that sprite!

Indeed I did, although the pocketbook is going to feel that double hit! LOL

What's funny is 3 months or so ago when I got the Dark Lord, I actually had just gotten a call from the Rolex AD about a Yacht-Master having come in. I bought it, and later that evening at home, my phone rang -- it was Tag Heuer corporate telling me that I had registered interest a year or so before about the Dark Lord, and they had one available for me. It is too weird that in both these cases both TH and Rolex randomly happened to have watches for me within 24 hours of the other one having something a bit hard to get come in.

Indeed I did, although the pocketbook is going to feel that double hit! LOL

What's funny is 3 months or so ago when I got the Dark Lord, I actually had just gotten a call from the Rolex AD about a Yacht-Master having come in. I bought it, and later that evening at home, my phone rang -- it was Tag Heuer corporate telling me that I had registered interest a year or so before about the Dark Lord, and they had one available for me. It is too weird that in both these cases both TH and Rolex randomly happened to have watches for me within 24 hours of the other one having something a bit hard to get come in.
So out of these 4, do you have a clear favorite?

So out of these 4, do you have a clear favorite?

Hmmm -- between the Sprite and the turquoise skeleton Monaco, I've been wearing the skeleton ever since getting it while the Sprite is still in its box. Before I got these latest two, I pretty much rotated between the YM 126621, the C12 with stainless band, and the Dark Lord on a daily basis just depending on mood/clothing. I have a feeling though that I'll end up wearing the DL and the skeleton more than the others over time just because I like black. If I'm going to be in water though, I'll wear one of the Rolexes. The one thing I really miss on the Monacos is a screw-down crown.

Thanks for taking my question in the spirit it was intended. Watch looks killer in your photos and certainly doesn't seem to struggle the supposed skeleton dial legibility issues...

Wow, getting the Rolex call the next day, that must have been a 'FFS' moment! Hahaha.

between the Sprite and the turquoise skeleton Monaco, I've been wearing the skeleton ever since getting it while the Sprite is still in its box
Thats interesting and begs to ask the value and worth question. I believe that the Sprite would be the same price as the Skeleton now (it was launched at 11k US$ / £9250). I understand its a personal choice, but does one think that a new age Monaco is worth the same as a Rolex?

Thats interesting and begs to ask the value and worth question. I believe that the Sprite would be the same price as the Skeleton now (it was launched at 11k US$ / £9250). I understand its a personal choice, but does one think that a new age Monaco is worth the same as a Rolex?

The Sprite is "worth" way more. It cost roughly the same, but if you go look on resale sites like Chrono24.com, you'll find the very cheapest you can get a new Sprite without a long wait at an AD is several thousand dollars over MSRP.

I haven't seen that happen with the Dark Lord or the turquoise skeleton.

I will admit I don't quite understand the "Rolex-mania" that exists even though I own a couple. They are great watches, to be sure, but I personally wouldn't pay over MSRP for one. I'd rather just wait it out and see what comes in at the AD for me now and then.

Congrats! Who needs a Rolex when that skeleton Monaco bad boy is on wrist!