Forums Latest Members

2022 TAG Heuer Connected (E4) - Discussions Thread

1. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Mar 2, 2022

Do you think the upgrade from an E3 to an E4 is worth it?

2. neowatch

neowatch Mar 2, 2022

Is any smart watch worth a starting price of 1800 pounds ? No , I’m my view. I bought all of my gen 2 collection at 30 to 50 percent off retail. I would never pay retail for a watch, especially a high end smart watch.

VRman likes this.
  3. Anthony.R

Anthony.R Mar 2, 2022

I think it may be. Mainly due to the better battery and then the update to Wear OS 3.
    I know you're not a fan of the Crown but I don't mind it.

The 42mm version is nice with the bezel under the glass but I found it a bit small on the wrist.
    That could be because I'm used to the 45mm though. The strap on 42mm is totally different to 45mm and I prefer the 45 strap.

cassis likes this.
  4. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Mar 3, 2022

Thanks Anthony. The diminutive display is what keeps me away from the 42mm edition. If its bezel had been digital, there wouldn't be any contest. I am still on the fence on the revised design. And the protruding crown is awful on both. In the 45mm it just looks cheap. I am leaning towards keeping my E3 and trying the Google Pixel watch when it comes out later this year.

Anthony.R likes this.
  5. Hubert

If the E4 had a cellular modem it would be more justifiable. Aside from the processor and the improved battery on the 45mm model, there's not much of an upgrade.

Anthony.R, Albert-AMG and neowatch like this.
  6. cassis

cassis Mar 3, 2022

+ Bluetooth 5 and a brighter display. Already a bunch of improvements imho. LTE ? don't really care as I never use it on my Apple Watch...

7. Hubert

Plus the ability to upgrade to the new WearOS. It's unfortunate that the E3 will not be able to. :(

Anthony.R and Albert-AMG like this.
  8. ANYOLDG

ANYOLDG Mar 4, 2022

I just bought the steel bracelet for the E4 thinking it would fit my E3, think I have messed up badly and this sounds silly but anyone know how to install the steel bracelet? Can’t get it to click over the bar? Expensive mistake for the week I fear!

9. cassis

cassis Mar 4, 2022

You should return it as E4 bands are not (fully) compatible with E3...

10. ANYOLDG

ANYOLDG Mar 4, 2022

Thanks! Looks like I will have to. It feels like it should work but unfortunately not

11. cassis

cassis Mar 4, 2022

By the way where did you find the steel bracelet for E4 as on Tag's website, it shows unavailable until March 10th ?

Edited Mar 5, 2022
  12. Anthony.R

Anthony.R Mar 4, 2022

Yeah I ordered the rubber strap for E4 and it says delivery starts in 8th March.

13. ANYOLDG

ANYOLDG Mar 4, 2022

Let me order from the website and took just over a week to get here. Pretty disappointed that they still sell the E3 but they took all the straps down that go with it. If the new straps were compatible it would make sense. It’s just a bar attachment! Will have to hunt for a jewellers with stock laying around!

BMW Works and Albert-AMG like this.
  14. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Mar 5, 2022

It doesn’t make sense that you can buy the bracelet for a TH watch discontinued 25 years ago, but you can’t buy the bracelet for a TH Connected Gen3 watch that is still for sale… :taunt:

Did you ask your AD if they could order the Gen3 bracelet for you?

BMW Works likes this.
  15. ANYOLDG

ANYOLDG Mar 8, 2022

Update, Tag confirmed other comment above, not compatible. Have asked around legacy bands. Wonder whether the 2020 owners will get the new faces, fitness app upgrades etc when the new watch comes out tomorrow or another new set of apps for the 2022 and we have to wait! Could learn a lot from apple around customer experience and smart watches!

16. Anthony.R

Anthony.R Mar 8, 2022

I got my Strap delivered today for the E4.
    Luckily I have 3 straps from E3 that will fit.
    $300 isn't cheap for a similar strap to E3.

BMW Works, Albert-AMG and cassis like this.
  17. cassis

cassis Mar 8, 2022

Lucky you ! How is the strap for Gen 4 ? Does it feel any better than the Gen 3 version one or would you recommend still getting the Gen 3 ?
    Thanks

Anthony.R likes this.
  18. EmJay

EmJay Mar 8, 2022

Is it just me who thinks that it looks like a cheaper copy of Huawei watch 3 pro? Don't see a lot of improvements either. Anyway, I'm sticking with Huawei 3 pro, Garmin 6X pro and TH Gen 3 (which is highly impractical compared to others considering the battery life).

19. Anthony.R

Anthony.R Mar 8, 2022

Gen 4 strap feels a little more flexible to me and the locking mechanism is slightly different to Gen 3. Overall I would get Gen 3 as it's way cheaper. Gen 4 won't fit properly on Gen 3 anyway.

BMW Works, cassis and Albert-AMG like this.
  20. cassis

cassis Mar 8, 2022

Thank you. Having ordered the Gen 4 I was wondering if I should order an orange Gen 3 or Gen 4 strap...