2022 TAG Heuer Connected (E4) - Discussions Thread

Can't wait for TH to dump WearOS and bring their own proper OS fully compatible with iOS (their largest customer base...) on the E5 .
I am excited for that too! Really interested in what their team is cooking up.

Can't wait for TH to dump WearOS and bring their own proper OS fully compatible with iOS (their largest customer base...) on the E5 .

That makes no sense, because the problem is not Wear OS, but Apple not permitting other OSs to play nice with their ecosystem. Whatever Apple limits on Wear OS, would limit in anything TAG Heuer would cook up. Meanwhile:
https://www.theverge.com/2024/3/21/24105363/apple-doj-monopoly-lawsuit
Apple is being sued for limiting functionality on smartwatches other than Apple Watch.
...Amen to that!

That makes no sense, because the problem is not Wear OS, but Apple not permitting other OSs to play nice with their ecosystem. Whatever Apple limits on Wear OS, would limit in anything TAG Heuer would cook up. Meanwhile:
https://www.theverge.com/2024/3/21/24105363/apple-doj-monopoly-lawsuit
Apple is being sued for limiting functionality on smartwatches other than Apple Watch.
...Amen to that!

Do you really think that Apple considers Tag Heuer at the same level as Google/Android ?
Just giving you a hint here ;-)

Do you really think that Apple considers Tag Heuer at the same level as Google/Android ?
Just giving you a hint here ;-)
Apple doesn't consider TAG Heuer at the same level as Android, but that doesn't mean that Apple has any interest whatsoever to permit TAG Heuer to make a compatible OS to iPhone and thus a beautiful competitor to the Apple Watch, unless it's legally forced. And even in this case, Apple would be simply forced to play nice with Wear OS too, so there would be no incentive for TAG Heuer to develop their own OS, but they'd continue using Wear OS.
Actually I think there is zero chance for TAG Heuer to ever build their own OS. Even Samsung with their huge market share had to give up on their Tizen OS, because they never managed to attract a developer community and the platform remained a wasteland.
If TAG was to make their own OS, it would be a laughable effort with extremely limited functionality and clunky operation. OS development is way beyond the capacities of a traditional watchmaker. The only chance for a good interoperability between iPhone and the Connected is that the US DoJ and the EU force Apple to open up.

LVMH (owner of TAG) built its own OS for the later Louis Vuitton Tambour Horizon and it works just fine. It carries the 'Made for iPhone' label or certification.
Edited:

LVMH (owner of TAG) built its own OS for the later Louis Vuitton Tambour Horizon and it works just fine. It carries the 'Made for iPhone' label or certification.

Does "made for Iphone" mean the OS has limitations with Android?

The Tambour Horizon Light Up doesn't support any apps other than the ones preinstalled, it doesn't track activity other than basic heart rate and steps and connected to an iPhone, it doesn't provide with the ability to answer messages. Basically it seems to offer even more limited experience than the TAG Heuer Connected with iPhone and a horrible experience with Android, in comparison to the TAG Heuer Connected. It seems that the "Made for iPhone" certification is nothing else than a marketing trick, which translates to "pairing with iPhone is possible". It really proves my point that the problem is not with Wear OS on the Connected, but with Apple not allowing proper functionality with smartwatches, other than their own.

The Tambour Horizon Light Up doesn't support any apps other than the ones preinstalled, it doesn't track activity other than basic heart rate and steps and connected to an iPhone, it doesn't provide with the ability to answer messages. Basically it seems to offer even more limited experience than the TAG Heuer Connected with iPhone and a horrible experience with Android, in comparison to the TAG Heuer Connected. It seems that the "Made for iPhone" certification is nothing else than a marketing trick, which translates to "pairing with iPhone is possible". It really proves my point that the problem is not with Wear OS on the Connected, but with Apple not allowing proper functionality with smartwatches, other than their own.

Correct.

Does "made for Iphone" mean the OS has limitations with Android?

It means that is part of Apple's MFi licensing.

Long time lurker on here; thinking of ditching my Apple Watch and the new Tag App seems to have finally allowed the sync of data to Apple Health as of June 2024. What’s everyone’s experience of it - especially those who have moved from Apple Watch?

This is my first time posting so probably in the wrong forum.
The part where I clamp the watch has fallen out I think it’s called a fixalux. The strap won’t stay on the watch now. I have tried googling to find the part but no joy. Can anybody tell me where I can get the part. I have attached pictures
Thanks
Denis

Hi guys, does anyone knows how I can remove this icon below from the watch face? Thanks.

Yeah, that's telling you that you have a text message to read, scroll upwards to see your message, scroll back and it'll be gone.
There is a way of stopping these notifications completely, I think you go to settings on your watch, >apps and notifications> do not disturb, and play around there.

That has nothing to do with text message. It means your watch is downloading an update, to pre-installed apps, to 3rd party apps or to the system. Click on it and it may show details.

It will go away when download is done. You may want to turn wifi on, to make downloading faster.

Oh yes, sorry about that, if it's a dot then it's a message. I'll shut the fυck up. 🤪

That has nothing to do with text message. It means your watch is downloading an update, to pre-installed apps, to 3rd party apps or to the system. Click on it and it may show details.

It will go away when download is done. You may want to turn wifi on, to make downloading faster.
Yes, you are right buddy. It is the Playstore App updates, coz it wouldn’t go away earlier no matter what I did. Once apps are updated, it will go away automatically. Thanks again.

Hello Everyone, I just got an E4, has anyone paired their watch with Peloton? Peloton is now compatible with Wear OS but TH is telling me it's not compatible with Peloton, I have an iPhone, any help is much appreciated!