2022 Jack Heuer's 90th Birthday

Jack is nothing less than a living legend in the watchmaking world - happy birthday, sir! If anyone here is yet to read his autobiography, you’re missing out - it’s a real treat.

I think it’s ridiculous they aren’t giving him an official 90th celebration watch - such a significant milestone birthday deserves more than a meagre post on social media, and it’s particularly stingy given the previous birthday watches that they’ve released. Jack is largely responsible for the icons that TAG Heuer derives much of its brand appeal from today; without him, we wouldn’t have the Carrera, the Monaco and a whole suite of other fantastic watches that underpin the company!

Jack is nothing less than a living legend in the watchmaking world - happy birthday, sir! If anyone here is yet to read his autobiography, you’re missing out - it’s a real treat.

I think it’s ridiculous they aren’t giving him an official 90th celebration watch - such a significant milestone birthday deserves more than a meagre post on social media, and it’s particularly stingy given the previous birthday watches that they’ve released. Jack is largely responsible for the icons that TAG Heuer derives much of its brand appeal from today; without him, we wouldn’t have the Carrera, the Monaco and a whole suite of other fantastic watches that underpin the company!
My guess is that a heritage watch will be dedicated to Jack. My hunch is that it will be what we've been hoping for.

My guess is that a heritage watch will be dedicated to Jack. My hunch is that it will be what we've been hoping for.

A 45mm quartz Formula One chronograph with camo dial? Wow! 😉

Are you thinking of the 60th Anniversary? Like how the 40th Anniversary is named the Jack Heuer 40th Anniversary Carrera LE?

TAG Heuer Carrera @ 60 will be next year 2023 👍 (1963-2023)

The TH Carrera Jack Heuer 40th Anniversary was erroneously released in 2004 (supposedly 2003) but is still a pretty-darn good looking watch 👍

The TH Carrera Jack Heuer 50th Anniversary was released in 2013 & featured TH’s “in-house” Calibre 1887 movement fashioned in a Bullhead design, taking a nod to TAG Heuer’s long history as a stopwatch & professional timekeeping manufacturer 😉

I preordered this piece with a tag representative and they told me it was the anniversary piece and it was limited. I am very upset if all of this is not true. They also said reserving the piece would be a final sale.

I preordered this piece with a tag representative and they told me it was the anniversary piece and it was limited. I am very upset if all of this is not true. They also said reserving the piece would be a final sale.

That’s pretty crummy - I would definitely be pushing for some kind of resolution to this. Nice gift or partial discount perhaps?

One decade ago the first of these 80th birthday editions were issued. Yet here I sit, still waiting for the "new" one. 👎

One decade ago the first of these 80th birthday editions were issued. Yet here I sit, still waiting for the "new" one. 👎

Funny how we don't see these posted on the forum anymore. I still really like the jh80

Funny how we don't see these posted on the forum anymore. I still really like the jh80

I will add a shot of mine for you @dtf

The JH80 will always be a special watch. Always feel a pang when I see one crop up on other watch forums.

I will add a shot of mine for you @dtf

Thankyou! For me they are a peak in carrera design, the Porsche 2.7, JH90(?) and WOS are the first of the new generation that call my name, but none have the design clarity of the JH80 and subsequent models.

I really must buy a JH80!

Cool, let’s guess the watches. Arnault the not 90y anniversary gold. Nicholas original 1158. Dude on the right JH 80? Jack himself? Doesn’t look like a gold watch. Maybe also 80?

3/4 not bad. Jack’s watch does look like a glassbox doesn’t it 🙄
2 register panda in the cards? It is Jack’s favourite Carrera lay-out and would make a lot of sense

3/4 not bad. Jack’s watch does look like a glassbox doesn’t it 🙄
2 register panda in the cards? It is Jack’s favourite Carrera lay-out and would make a lot of sense
I'm not sure it's a glass box; it's too thin and the crystal is clear at this angle (you can see the dark chapter ring). It seems you and I are both thinking we may be looking at the true JH90.
x1513959-c9e27d258207bae8c28914755389a115.jpg.pagespeed.ic.ld3QN4b_q2.webp

My dear Hubert, this looks like a panda. Would they release three panda Carreras in just a couple of months?
Don’t know about the thickness but the size looks about right for the glassbox. Crystal also seems high