2020 TAG Heuer Senna Editions (CAZ101AF & CAZ201B)

I just received an email about these two from TAG Heuer.

As for the off-centre S, I think they have lined up the gap between the S and Senna with 12 o'clock. It sill looks a bit off though.

Looks like another purchase or two is in the future...
i have CAZ1015.BA0883 and bought CAZ2017.BA0647 in August.

This is going to be expensive with the rapid releases of "Senna Editions"

Why do they have to be so cool, me want !!!

The off center "S" looked less cool ...

Ooooh, where did you find that? I'm guessing King Hubert will be along shortly to delete this!

on TH website. They emailed about it to customers a short while ago. I only just noticed the email.

Yeah, got the email a short while ago also.

can’t help think that the wording of the email suggests they are marketed as ‘fashion’ watches.

can’t help think that the wording of the email suggests they are marketed as ‘fashion’ watches.
People say fashion watch like it's a bad thing, but the reality is, don't most of us wear watches as fashion pieces? Aside from a true tool watch or smart watch (which really is a modern tool watch), they're all "fashion" watches to me. Even classic tool watches, like the Submariner, Navitimer and Speedmaster, are worn as fashion pieces by most. LOL

People say fashion watch like it's a bad thing, but the reality is, don't most of us wear watches as fashion pieces? Aside from a true tool watch or smart watch (which really is a modern tool watch), they're all "fashion" watches to me. Even classic tool watches, like the Submariner, Navitimer and Speedmaster, are worn as fashion pieces by most. LOL

well by definition fashion is something passing and quickly changing. I agree that fashion watch is not necessarily a bad thing but there’s a difference between a watch that is designed to be fashion and a watch that happens to become a fashion or trend.

Speedy (ceramics) are fashion watches to me. I call them ‘posh swatches’ lol. So I get your point. But I doubt Omega conceived them as such. Neither Panerai, Rolex or Brietling for that matter but all have or are have been very ‘on trend’. Tudor seems to be getting there too more recently. The new ‘hot’ trend.

my comment above was more about the marketing than the watch itself. At least the (UK) email I received mentioned something about ‘new capsule collection’ which I gather is a term issued in women’s fashion.

what I interpret as (marketed or designed) for fashion are watches that like MK, Gucci, Boss that are purposely designed to be fashion accessories. that was the ‘fashion’ that came to mind when reading the email (heading).
Edited:

well by definition fashion is something passing and quickly changing. I agree that fashion watch is not necessarily a bad thing but there’s a difference between a watch that is designed to be fashion and a watch that happens to become a fashion or trend.

Speedy (ceramics) are fashion watches to me. I call them ‘posh swatches’ lol. So I get your point. But I doubt Omega conceived them as such. Neither Panerai, Rolex or Brietling for that matter but all have or are have been very ‘on trend’. Tudor seems to be getting there too more recently. The new ‘hot’ trend.

my comment above was more about the marketing than the watch itself. At least the (UK) email I received mentioned something about ‘new capsule collection’ which I gather is a term issued in women’s fashion.

what I interpret as (marketed or designed) for fashion are watches that like MK, Gucci, Boss that are purposely designed to be fashion accessories. that was the ‘fashion’ that came to mind when reading the email.
I understand your point and know what people mean when they say fashion watches. But to me, in today's reality, just about everyone who's into watches wears them for their own sense of style, and the watch makers market to that style. That's why I say they're all fashion watches to me.

My small selection of watches might be worn as a personal lifestyle statement, but not as a fashion statement. I don't think most trendy people care about motor racing heritage? Hardly anyone has ever commented on any of my watches, and I don't wear them to show off!

I think of fashion watches as outsourced manufacturing from high street clothing brands, made as cheaply as possible. All plastic and low grade metal, sold on the back of a brand famous for doing something else. Zero actual quality, priced at £100 for something that's worth £10!

@Hubert, suggest also adding the second reference, CAZ201B.FC6487, to the title. Since there's really 2 new Senna watches which are different from each other.
Thanks! Added both reference models to the title of the thread.

I understand your point and know what people mean when they say fashion watches. But to me, in today's reality, just about everyone who's into watches wears them for their own sense of style, and the watch makers market to that style. That's why I say they're all fashion watches to me.

i guess since nobody really needs a watch these days that’s increasingly true. The whole industry is a huge scam of creating demand and we all pretend that there’s some wonderful heritage or technical marvel. But fundamentally you’re right they are jewellery and a status or style statement these days. And in rare cases an investment.

But fundamentally you’re right they are jewellery and a status or style statement these days. And in rare cases an investment.
You seem to forget about the warmth they bring to our hearts and that special feeling we get from touching watches ::bleh:: has nothing to do with fashion or style

You seem to forget about the warmth they bring to our hearts and that special feeling we get from touching watches ::bleh:: has nothing to do with fashion or style

i dare not post any photos. But trust me I know SFA about fashion and style. :D

i guess since nobody really needs a watch these days that’s increasingly true. The whole industry is a huge scam of creating demand and we all pretend that there’s some wonderful heritage or technical marvel. But fundamentally you’re right they are jewellery and a status or style statement these days. And in rare cases an investment.
Watches are jewelry, the only legitimate jewelry a man can have without exhibiting a very personal lifestyle choice! Anyone old enough to have reached adulthood without a owning mobile phone still feels a genuine 'need' for a watch. While an Apple watch is something owned solely as a style and status statement, a true 'fashion' item.

I like the blue tinge this one seems to have here... although maybe it's lighting?

Okay, I'm noticing a pattern here... how come Steffans seem to get every new watch straight away? They are a tiny little jewellers with two stores (both near me incidentally, in fact I work very near to the Northampton store), it just seems really strange to me.

I like those new Senna caps in the background. I assume they must be promotional giveaways that ADs get. :D

Given my past discussion with Albert on Senna colors, it's interesting that these caps have yellow & green, but no blue, just like the 2015 Senna F1 watch. Just an observation, not a judgement.;)
2020-tag-heuer-senna-2-scaled.jpg

I like the blue tinge this one seems to have here... although maybe it's lighting?
It does- "blue steel" :cool: