2019 Baselworld- Predictions & Reactions

^ So Mr Biver got a new friend?

Actually they came as a pair from the cat sanctuary... but 'Ming' isn't watch related so I initially only had Mr Biver as my avatar then I felt guilty... actually Mr Biver was Ming originally (actually Minge! - Can you believe people?) and Ming was Poppy. It's a long and confusing story best left alone.:)

Back on topic, I agree with you. Modern Rolex is one of the least adventurous in terms of design changes.

Theo and Harris predict the Rolex Submariner gets a rubber strap. How is that even a prediction? Can you imagine someone predicting that in our world? But Rolex is Rolex, so people will be losing their **** if that happens.... :rolleyes:

Well the teaser showed the dial, though there wasn't really anything I could tell was new. But it could be a rubber strap to be sure. Earth-shaking in the world of Rolex as you say :rolleyes:

Back on topic, I agree with you. Modern Rolex is one of the least adventurous in terms of design changes.

At least we've got Tudor who while they also don't take many chances, seem to be a bit more willing to play around with the formulae they've got.

At least we've got Tudor who while they also don't take many chances, seem to be a bit more willing to play around with the formulae they've got.
Yes, I like what Tudor is doing. Don't have one, but their offerings are becoming more and more compelling.

Yes, I like what Tudor is doing. Don't have one, but their offerings are becoming more and more compelling.

Agreed. My next watch will probably be a Tudor....or a TAG, or a rolex

Yep, about the only reason I don't have one already is that they're just slightly too big in general with thick cases and 22mm lug widths. But if they ever created a GMT out of the Black Bay 58 case I'd be done for

I can’t wait for Rolex to release a slight update - maybe a new 6% narrower font on “Submariner” and then I can rush to 50 ADs and eventually get on a 67 year waiting list. I joke of course - masters of marketing.

I’m looking forward most to TH and then Tudor. Big fan of both.

If you've seen the reported Rolex and Tudor "teasers" today, then it's not looking great. But who knows if they're real or fake news. I guess we'll find out for sure very soon! I'm keeping a close eye on what Tudor announce as well. But a sensibly-priced 39mm Carrera could well sway me back to the fold :)

If you've seen the reported Rolex and Tudor "teasers" today, then it's not looking great. But who knows if they're real or fake news. I guess we'll find out for sure very soon! I'm keeping a close eye on what Tudor announce as well. But a sensibly-priced 39mm Carrera could well sway me back to the fold :)
Just saw a video and "leak" about something called a "Tag Heuer Isograph Autavia" on YouTube. Thought about linking to the video, but changed my mind. It looked fake but who knows. Not sure what to think of what I saw. ::confused2::

Did dig this up, though. Looks like a newly filed trademark for "Isograph."
https://www.easymonitoring.ch/hande...ccursale-de-lvmh-swiss-manufactures-sa-962505

Just saw a video and "leak" about something called a "Tag Heuer Isograph Autavia" on YouTube. Thought about linking to the video, but changed my mind. It looked fake but who knows. Not sure what to think of what I saw. ::confused2::

Looks a lot like some images I have seen. Think this will be the new released model with an 02 movement. Set to be released on a range of different colours on bracelets and leather straps.

Yes, please no linking or photos of any speculated leaks. All will be revealed in ~13 hours.

Not a leak since it's from TAG's own social media. 3-hander it is, then.

upload_2019-3-19_12-42-0.png

Sigh.

HOWEVAH, the thin bezel, domed crystal, and what looks to be a slightly less thick case than the existing model.... if they expand this into a chronograph line, I think we're in business.

What’s the thinking behind a 3 hand Autavia? Really wish they’d released it as a line of new chronographs!

What’s the thinking behind a 3 hand Autavia? Really wish they’d released it as a line of new chronographs!
Who knows? That might be next.

A cheaper 3-hander to appeal to people who want to spend money on something but don't really care what it is. I really wish they'd do a chrono too, but I don't know if they'll replace the current Autavia so quickly. You never know though

If it was a chronograph, no doubt they'd need to have a thicker case. And I'm going to hazard a guess this is not less than 40mm in diameter either.

And I'm going to hazard a guess this is not less than 40mm in diameter either.

If it was, then how would everyone at Art Basel know you have money?

Man that looks interesting. Thin case, slim bezel, dauphine hands and a stopwatch style crown (or pusher crown?). Given all the content of stopwatches, racing and aviation I don’t think a three hander is all we’ll see.