2019 Baselworld- Predictions & Reactions

There’s a nice clue in this post :cool:
Is it the white brush stroke that covers “presensions”?

There’s a nice clue in this post :cool:

I'm guessing a cheap Calibre 16 or 2-register Viceroy variant model made to look like the dash timer.

I'm guessing a cheap Calibre 16 or 2-register Viceroy variant model made to look like the dash timer.

Ooh, that's a bit snarky!

OR, since the Instagram post is actually a video featuring a very prominent jet-engine pass-by, maybe the GMT we all want. We'll see

Ooh, that's a bit snarky!

"Cheap" only applies to the Calibre 16.*
I'd like to see more 2-register Heuer-02 variants since I'm not quite into the Viceroy colors

I suppose given last year's 3 hand Autavia prototypes, hopes aren't high :D
But let's give Tag Heuer some more credit. I think/hope we'll all be surprised!

As for the the Instagram post, I have no clue. In the beginning of the clip the word 'presentons' is blacked out, which means 'we present'.
Is it a plane cockpit instead of a car? Might be as in the beginning you can see what looks like an oxygen hose which is then quickly covered by the jacket. A pilot's jacket? Would be nice to have a clean Autavia pilot's watch.
Or a watch angled like the chronometer pictured that actually doubles as a chronometer. Removable like the connected modular.

‘New generation’
It’s gotta be a pilot’s watch.

It’s gotta be a pilot’s watch.

Given the airplane noises and the likely break from anything the Autavia name has ever appeared on, you may be right - however, Zenith continues to introduce variants of their pilot's watches (they revealed one today), so I'm not sure LVMH would want to cannibalize sales of those. I'd say the chances of a full-on pilot's watch are 50/50, but it sounds like whatever it is likely will include a 3-hand variant.

^ Not far fetched, since every other manufacturer is doing it.

If we are really talking of a Autavia pilots watch, I will be one happy chappy.

Would I be right in saying this is TH last attempt at a pilot watch. Of which I have 2 variants.

I'd say, more of a "pilot's theme". I'd be surprised if we got a pilot's watch like that ^, or a flyback.

My hope would be that in addition to the 3-hand Autavias, we also would get a new Autavia chronograph, or an Autavia GMT. Maybe wishful thinking.

I'd say, more of a "pilot's theme". I'd be surprised if we got a pilot's watch like that ^, or a flyback.

You may be right Hubert- Pity though as I love the look of a good pilot watch.
Lets wait and see..... Not long to wait now.

So long as it's well executed I will be happy (although my bank manager may not be!)

I was so disappointed with what I saw last year primarily because I saw it as lazy and poor quality - even accounting for prototype - and a cheapening of what the modern heritage autavia could be

In terms of tags approach to the autavia brand the goal has surely to be to expand to take on tudor and the black bay, and some of the emerging breitling designs perhaps, the heritage seamaster etc...

seems very logical therefore to extend it to diver or pilot versions. I would rather a very strong autavia heritage line than various piecemeal offerings that make no sense to anyone other than us nerds.

However there MUST be quality and clear design values in whatever produced. As such, some key points for me:
- either a manufacture movement or OR one adapted with a unique technology - (say with a carbon hairspring....) to give antimag or long power reserve.
- high quality dial, bezel
- a nod to the past... but not necessarily slavish copies of old designs.
Edited:

I'm sure David must be itching to put us out of our misery.... tough life.;)

If we are really talking of a Autavia pilots watch, I will be one happy chappy.

Would I be right in saying this is TH last attempt at a pilot watch. Of which I have 2 variants.
Like the cream patina of the hour markers

Theo and Harris predict the Rolex Submariner gets a rubber strap. How is that even a prediction? Can you imagine someone predicting that in our world? But Rolex is Rolex, so people will be losing their **** if that happens.... :rolleyes: