Forums Latest Members

2015 TAG Heuer Monaco Calibre 11- CAW211P

1. mnejmantowicz

mnejmantowicz Sep 11, 2015

I just checked with my AD and still says October. :-/ Getting jittery just thinking about it. :)

Calibre11 likes this.
  2. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Sep 11, 2015

Cool; thanks for the feedback. Hope yours arrives soon. :)

3. happy heuer

happy heuer Oct 1, 2015

i just got a call from my retailer.

they said the watch i ordered has been shipped to them by tag, and it's production #2. i asked them for a photo of the serial number -- we'll see!

also, they're dicking with me on price now, saying the retail is higher than i remember, and their discount is lower than i remember, all because "tag has lowered their prices over the past year" -- making the OTD price at $5K -- that doesn't make sense.

anyone know the retail price for this beast? also, they're telling me it's a limited run piece, and i said it's not, it's a regular run one, because the "P" at the end of the model number -- and he said that was a mis-interpretation on my part -- :|

thoughts? thanks!

4. mnejmantowicz

mnejmantowicz Oct 1, 2015

Dude, your retailer sucks! Mine said that it was $5350 USD retail in May. No where was it mentioned ever that this was a limited run. Who knows if they'll make it that with J.C. Biver at the wheel now. Anyway, I just asked my retailer for an update. Hopefully he says it shipped. Has been on order since May 1st.

Edited Oct 3, 2015
  5. mnejmantowicz

My AD just informed me that my order has shipped and should arrive at the AD tomorrow. :)

6. happy heuer

happy heuer Oct 1, 2015

that's fantastic! what are you paying?

7. mnejmantowicz

I negotiated a price less than $4500 USD.

8. happy heuer

happy heuer Oct 1, 2015

now that's what I'm talking about -- great work!! I'm sure they'll be cheaper online in a bit seeing they're not limited edition

9. mav

mav Oct 2, 2015

When I talked to a few local AD's (in LA) this week, I got MSRP pricing from $5500 to $5900. No one knows when they are getting them. Seems like a lot of confusion with this watch, not sure why.

I did call the Tag Boutique in Vegas, they confirmed that the price will be $5900 and will be available next week at the Boutiques.

10. happy heuer

happy heuer Oct 2, 2015

11. happy heuer

happy heuer Oct 2, 2015

what do y'all feel about TAG using this watch as a money-grab -- by that I mean re-issuing it till it's a dead horse, and using cheaper mechanisms in it than they would int he past?

12. mnejmantowicz

mnejmantowicz Oct 2, 2015

13. happy heuer

happy heuer Oct 2, 2015

here it is, folks!

20151002_113246.jpg 20151002_113259.jpg imagejpeg_0(1).jpg imagejpeg_0.jpg
    Silan666, Calibre11 and mnejmantowicz like this.
  14. mnejmantowicz

Nice! Can't wait for mine. Anyway now! :)

15. happy heuer

happy heuer Oct 2, 2015

It's interesting -- no serial number / production run number -- so that means they're not limited run, right?? I see the "WWP1652", but that doesn't tell me much...

16. mnejmantowicz

Isn't the WWP1652 the serial number?

17. happy heuer

happy heuer Oct 2, 2015

yes, it is -- but i was looking more for a production run number -- the S/N doesn't really tell you that.

it doesn't have a production run number because it's not limited production, unlike my JH 80ths.

18. mnejmantowicz

Well, since I do think this Monaco is Heuer's most iconic model, they are trying to fill their pockets just like the million Omega Speedmasters out there. (Which I have as well). JCBiver is all about money not horology.

Until JCBiver is gone or changes course, I doubt I will give LVMH any more of my money.

Odd that they put TAG Heure inside the box. Didn't want to spend more $ on new boxes. Lame.

19. happy heuer

happy heuer Oct 2, 2015

you're right -- it sort of looks like a paper box -- !!!

20. mnejmantowicz

So how does your AD know what production number it is and let alone it's #2?