2015 TAG Heuer Monaco Calibre 11- CAW211P

Someone's been paying attention ;)

Whilst I still love the Speedy, it didn't fit right on my wrist, oddly found it not that legible using the chrono function and after a while didn't like the painted hands, plus the sapphire crystal with the thin bezel made the dial seem large IMHO. Shame as movement was a joy, no date great, lovely case and hand wind.

Monaco play lovely with the light & polished accents, plus seems to look smaller on wrist, actually not much in it.

Unless Tudor blow me away with something I want (hoping for), then I doubt nothing until next year & my 40th.
I have quite enjoyed reading about your journey, probably due to feeling the same myself, as already mentioned.

I am the same as you now in that, whilst there are a couple of suitable candidates for Watch #3, they are all of a price that mean they are extremely unlikely for a good length of time whilst I put some cash away. Next year probably, which gives time to consider which I really want and which sees the idea wear off.

@McBeardy - Can you explain a bit more about why the Monaco feels uncomfortable to wear for you? I've not heard too many people complain about comfort wearing one.

I recall that @stevec14 felt the clasp was uncomfortable, but later realized he hadn't removed all of the clear plastic from the clasp. So it wasn't closing all the way flat. This can also happen if you don't clamp the clasp tightly enough down on the leather during adjustment. Also, the leather strap will soften and break-in with time.

It appears I wear my Monaco with the strap on the ‘wrong way’, what I mean here is that the HEUER badge points to the right when the face is pointing down, this is I’m told is the opposite of the way it arrives from factory. This might be worth looking at? image.jpg

It appears I wear my Monaco with the strap on the ‘wrong way’, what I mean here is that the HEUER badge points to the right when the face is pointing down, this is I’m told is the opposite of the way it arrives from factory. This might be worth looking at? image.jpg
That looks the correct way to me, judging by the clasp on my Aquaracer having the TAG logo facing in the same direction when I turn my wrist to the underside. I assumed this was the logical way so the wearer sees the brand the correct way up when dial and s facing down.

That looks the correct way to me, judging by the clasp on my Aquaracer having the TAG logo facing in the same direction when I turn my wrist to the underside. I assumed this was the logical way so the wearer sees the brand the correct way up when dial and s facing down.
I was told if the watch is on a display with a mirror behind it the logo should be readible, so it looks upside the way @Pitfitter446 shows in his pic.

Nope, it's the opposite of how the Monaco strap comes installed. All of the TAG Heuer bracelets/straps come from the factory installed so the clasp folds over right to left (if wearing on one's left wrist). In the Aquaracer's bracelet's case, they imprinted the logo shield so that it's viewed right side up. With racing rally leather bands, the clasps are designed so the pointy end is at the tail-end. This makes them appear upside down, when viewing on one's wrist. @Pitfitter446 reversed his.

I've heard on other forums (i.e. Omega) that reversing the bracelet or strap so the clasp folds left to right, instead of right to left, can increase comfort depending on one's wrist shape.
Edited:

@McBeardy - Can you explain a bit more about why the Monaco feels uncomfortable to wear for you? I've not heard too many people complain about comfort wearing one.

I recall that @stevec14 felt the clasp was uncomfortable, but later realized he hadn't removed all of the clear plastic from the clasp. So it wasn't closing all the way flat. This can also happen if you don't clamp the clasp tightly enough down on the leather during adjustment. Also, the leather strap will soften and break-in with time.

Clasp had all the plastic removed (AD mentioned this) & was fiddly to do it home. Getting the correct fit especially when your wrist changes with the heat throughout the day.

I don’t like watches too loose, but also not too tight where you’re left with an imprint in your wrist.

I’ve found the clasps & step fit OK. I do find the crown sometimes digs in, sits lower than others (guess down to its modular movement).

Overall it does sit on top of the wrist rather than snugly. Just put my BB58 back on, prefer wearing once night time for the lume when the little one wakes. The BB58 just fits like a glove.

You’ve got a good memory. Yep, that was me. What a plonker.

outside of that, I found the Monaco pretty nice really. Heavy, but once you are used to it not too big.

I don’t like watches too loose, but also not too tight where you’re left with an imprint in your wrist.

I’ve found the clasps & step fit OK. I do find the crown sometimes digs in, sits lower than others (guess down to its modular movement).
OK, I understand better now. I went through the same thing when I got my first Monaco about 13 years ago. My only solution was to have 2 strap adjustment settings, one for cold and another for hot weather. I know what you mean by the crown sitting lower as well.

These weren't really comfort issues for me though, just little annoyances. But after several months of ownership, I got used to it. Now, after a decade plus of wearing Monacos, I hardly ever bother adjusting the strap. I'm just so accustomed to the way it wears. I find it to be about as comfortable as my BB58, it just has a noticebly different feel to it.

You learn something new everyday.

The clasp on my AR fastens from right to left, with logo reading correct to the eye, when worn on my left wrist. If it was a leather strap on a Monaco then this would not be the case.

Updated owners' list:
1. @mnejmantowicz
2. @Hubert (also CAW211A)
3. @Calibre11 (CAW211A)
4. @XSRider
5. @heuerholic (also CAW211A)
6. @VirgileF (revolving door, keeps buying and selling)
7. @Snowydelrico
8. @kappa_md
9. @Pitfitter446
10. @Count.d
11. @whitecap
12. @Md2010
13. @Willy Fog
14. @ewand
15. @Squadrone Rosso
16. @MrJesseJay
17. @Whitewatersky
18. @ianmar2112 (also 1133B)
19. @backmarker99
20. @Mspeedster
21. @ASW
22. @BPD (SOLD)
23. @danowat
24. @marcushogan37
25. @Good Times
26. @Pelikan
27. @tricky92
28. @mchuwis
29. @dp.
30. @JamesH11
31. @NGO1 (also 1133B)
32. @MonacoMike
33. @OnTheSuperFly
34. @PFEN
35. @RushDom (SOLD)
36. @Ravi
37. @Jemagloh
38. @MilesG
39. @YG_Rulz
40. @Monaco_Lover (CAW211A & 1133B Transitional)
41. @Tag_ZA
42. @HeuerLondon88
43. @JesterMinute
44. @Anthony.R
45. @McBeardy (Second time's the charm)
46. @BluePonyGT
47. @Gala M
Edited:

Someone's been paying attention ;)

Whilst I still love the Speedy, it didn't fit right on my wrist

You said the Monaco didn't fit well on your wrist either. Maybe you have an odd wrist?

You said the Monaco didn't fit well on your wrist either. Maybe you have an odd wrist?

Most likely.

Though BB58 wears lovely as does a Rolex sub.

Monaco sits above the wrist, due to it's size, & you have to have the strap tight.

Speedy I think was more getting the correct fitment on the bracelet. Smaller links which people preferred on this model as a better fit, personally either too tight (barely fitting over my hand to get on my wrist, or too loose when on the wrist if i put another link in. 2 hole micro adjustment on the clasp but a very ugly extension when on the large size.

Maybe the new clasp (on the fly fitment) would've been better, but the Speedy is now £7,400 (& I expect more price rises from Omega this year) even with 15% discount £6,800+ is a crazy amount for me to spend.

Oddly my other half felt the Speedy looked better but wore larger on my wrist, (maybe the effect of a huge tapering bracelet) whilst the 42mm WoS Carrera same size (and obviously large) didnt have that affect

It's going up £700?

Just a crazy amount considering the 'basic' movement. But also hearing more rumours that being discontinued this year

Across the board on all swiss brands & Seiko to, last few years prices have skyrocketed

It's going up £700?
I was also surprised it will not be more, this way they are not even able to compensate inflation with their increase