Wrong rotor

I am a new owner of a Carrera Auto Chronograph and I noticed it had a Porsche rotor. I took it to a Tag store in my area and the rep was astounded that this error had been made. Has anyone else heard of this or experienced the same.

Congratulations on your purchase of one of the best wristwatches known to mankind!
It would be helpful to include a picture of the other side of this rare error watch. I'm sure it's beautiful too

That's quite strange. The rotor is exclusive to the Carrera x Porsche models. The model that you have there, CBN2A1A, is not a Porsche model.

A couple of quick checks show that the watch shows up on the TH-WAS system, but it is not possible to register this watch with TAG Heuer. The latter is a major red flag which could mean that the watch was stolen / procured by unlawful means and has been flagged by TAG Heuer within their system.

I suggest you call up TAG Heuer (LVMH) and talk to their sales department to check the serial number. They might ask you for the photos and purchase details.

Did you buy it from an authorised TAG retailer? If yes, then you can get in touch with them and ask to replace the watch. The watch is in warranty (07 Dec 2023) so there is a way to salvage the situation. If you bought it online, say from eBay, then you need to bring this up the seller and initiate a return ASAP within the required timeframe (if returns are allowed)

upload_2024-1-18_9-55-52.pngupload_2024-1-18_9-56-18.png

Congratulations on your purchase of one of the best wristwatches known to mankind!
It would be helpful to include a picture of the other side of this rare error watch. I'm sure it's beautiful too
Thanks. I will post a front pic later today.

That's quite strange. The rotor is exclusive to the Carrera x Porsche models. The model that you have there, CBN2A1A, is not a Porsche model.

A couple of quick checks show that the watch shows up on the TH-WAS system, but it is not possible to register this watch with TAG Heuer. The latter is a major red flag which could mean that the watch was stolen / procured by unlawful means and has been flagged by TAG Heuer within their system.

I suggest you call up TAG Heuer (LVMH) and talk to their sales department to check the serial number. They might ask you for the photos and purchase details.

Did you buy it from an authorised TAG retailer? If yes, then you can get in touch with them and ask to replace the watch. The watch is in warranty (07 Dec 2023) so there is a way to salvage the situation. If you bought it online, say from eBay, then you need to bring this up the seller and initiate a return ASAP within the required timeframe (if returns are allowed)

upload_2024-1-18_9-55-52.pngupload_2024-1-18_9-56-18.png
Thanks for the info. Yes I bought it directly from Tag online in Switzerland. It arrived with all the correct packaging, ownership/warranty card and receipt. I sent Tag an email yesterday but have not heard back from them yet.

Maybe, I was hoping Tag might assist in getting both the serial # and rotor issue resolved but at this point they have only told me they are researching the problem and will get back to me.

Maybe, I was hoping Tag might assist in getting both the serial # and rotor issue resolved but at this point they have only told me they are researching the problem and will get back to me.
At least it's a start. Keep following up with them on this topic.

My C11 Autavia was fitted with the wrong rota, so it’s not unheard of.

If it’s a rare mistake is it not worth a small fortune to a collector of oddities?
Seriously, if a confirmed factory mixup, I’d either keep or try to resell to a collector. You could buy another with proceeds. It does look cool.

So far all Tag has told me is that they will investigate. That was last week after I sent ownership card, and photos of front and back.