Forums Latest Members

Terrible luck with my Panda Carrera

1. tcy148

tcy148 Apr 3, 2024

So I've owned my Panda Carrera for just over a year now. In that year, I've had pretty horrid luck with the watch.

First, a few months ago the crystal and dial fogged up randomly when I went into an air-conditioned building here in Hong Kong.
    I sent the watch back to TAG Heuer and it was covered under warranty - fixed in about 2 weeks.
    I specifically told them not to polish the case.

Second, I got the watch back and realised the case was in fact polished. I raised this concern but my sales associate told me that it wasn't polished. (I was not convinced). However, from the naked eye, it didn't seem over polished so I let it slide.

Third, after getting the watch back for a few weeks, I used the chronograph to time something and realised the hour hand was not connected. As in it didn't move at all. I took it to TAG Heuer again to get it fixed under warranty.
    Again, I asked them not to polish the case.

Fourth, I got the watch back with the chronograph fixed. However, it was polished again! This time, it was quite clearly over polished - one of the lugs was smaller and narrower than the others and the sharp lines of the Carrera case are now rounded. I was quite livid especially when I compared the case to my Dato.

I complained again and they offered to change my inner case. But I still had to pay a fee - $3050HKD, which I find quite reasonable.

Anyway, just waiting for the case to arrive and get it replaced. Apparently it will take 2 to 3 months. I just hope I have better luck going forward with this watch as it is my favourite watch in the collection.

2. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Apr 3, 2024

3. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Apr 3, 2024

That really sucks @tcy148, sorry to hear about that. I wonder if you didn't say "no polish" if they would've just left it as is? Anyway, hope all goes well with the new case replacement.

4. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Apr 4, 2024

Can you post some pictures?

5. Disannex

Disannex Apr 28, 2024 11:11am

Wow, that's disappointing to hear. I'm currently in the process of considering purchasing a 7 year old pre-owned Tag Heuer watch that has undergone case polishing by Tag Heuer. However, learning that Tag Heuer may have overpolished your watch to the point of altering its shape has made me hesitant about proceeding with the purchase.
    It would have been somewhat understandable if a watchmaker had made this mistake, but for the OEM to commit such an error is surprising. The fact that they didn't catch it themselves raises doubts about their professionalism. While mistakes can happen, I would have expected them to at least replace the case before returning it to you.

6. imagwai

imagwai Apr 28, 2024 4:28pm

It seems this happened in Hong Kong. Would still be intrigued to see the pictures.