Which watch do you love the most?

Recently I dumped my Apple watch and returned to my passion of (Tag) Heuer.
I am a Apple fanatic and the thought of a watch made by apple excited me.
Apple still excites me but so does my passion of collecting Tag Heuer and the many choices that brings.
Since 1860, thats a long time and means hundreds and hundreds of designs and a heritage of innovation, beautiful design and creativity.

Considering my spending power and expendable budget , I went crazy recently purchasing a Muhammad Ali Carrera, a Jack Heuer 50th Anniversary bullhead Carrera and most recently the latest Autavia.

I have been collecting for some 15 years or so and I never thought I would own a watch which came close to the beauty of the Steve McQueen Blue Monaco. I imagine a lot of you like me were taken by the beauty of this watch and It's design.... not like anything else.

But....

With my recent purchase of my latest Autavia, I have had thoughts of cheating on my Monaco. I have been constantly thinking "Are you better looking that my first love" I never thought anything would come close to my Monaco (and maybe it doesn't in the eyes of many) But the latest Autavia constantly catches my eye. Whenever I see it, I glance in its direction and cant stop looking at it and admiring the simplicity of its beauty.

This got me to thinking about people like me who are lucky enough to own more than one Heuer or Tag Heuer and ask the question "which one do we love the most".

If you had to sell them all... (Dread the thought) bar one, which would be that one that you couldn't part with?

Post your choice and a photo of said watch for us to enjoy.

Here is mine....

image.jpg This one, not a TAG or any other prestige watch but given to me by my daughter after a school trip, still going and worn after many many years.

This got me to thinking about people like me who are lucky enough to own more than one Heuer or Tag Heuer and ask the question "which one do we love the most".
The one I am wearing at any time.

If you had to sell them all... (Dread the thought) bar one, which would be that one that you couldn't part with?

The keeper is the one I have owned for 47 years, but you've seen that. May I present an unobtainable alternative?

An early execution GMT:

P7030047.JPG

Interesting that the new Autavia might replace your Monaco as your number one.

I dont own a TH yet so I guess I can post any pics in this thread, Im that weird guy hanging around and everyone wondering why, giving me the occasional evil eye :whistling:

Interesting that the new Autavia might replace your Monaco as your number one

I know what you mean, and don’t get me wrong, my Monaco is very special but this Autavia is a really really beautiful piece. The more I wear it, the more I love it.
I guess both watches show the beauty of designs from the past.

My calibre6 chronometer.

I know most people will not like the idea of non chronograph carrera...

But if i have to bring one watch with me to eternity this probably it.
Edited:

My calibre6 chronometre.

I know most people will not like the idea of non chronograph carrera...

But if i have to bring one watch with me to eternity this probably it.

It for me is still my 11630mh which I am going to find hard to eclipse honestly. Even a mint Monaco 1133b at 3 times the value would not do it I think.

I think there will always be the one watch you default to, and I think the New Autavia makes that very easy. It's brand new so it doesn't need babying like a vintage and that in itself is very appealing and makes it easily wearable daily.

The Submariner is on my list to get as a more daily watch, which is somewhat strange as it would be 10 times the value of some of my vintage Heuer pieces, but it would not feel as vulnerable on the wrist somehow.

It for me is still my 11630mh which I am going to find hard to eclipse honestly. Even a mint Monaco 1133b at 3 times the value would not do it I think.

Yes, I have admired that watch from afar for many years but have not been in a position to purchase one myself.
I understand what you mean. That is one beautiful piece.
Any chance of a nice photo of yours and what sort of money are these fetching these days?

Recently I dumped my Apple watch and returned to my passion of (Tag) Heuer.
I am a Apple fanatic and the thought of a watch made by apple excited me.
Apple still excites me but so does my passion of collecting Tag Heuer and the many choices that brings.
Since 1860, thats a long time and means hundreds and hundreds of designs and a heritage of innovation, beautiful design and creativity.

Considering my spending power and expendable budget , I went crazy recently purchasing a Muhammad Ali Carrera, a Jack Heuer 50th Anniversary bullhead Carrera and most recently the latest Autavia.

I have been collecting for some 15 years or so and I never thought I would own a watch which came close to the beauty of the Steve McQueen Blue Monaco. I imagine a lot of you like me were taken by the beauty of this watch and It's design.... not like anything else.

But....

With my recent purchase of my latest Autavia, I have had thoughts of cheating on my Monaco. I have been constantly thinking "Are you better looking that my first love" I never thought anything would come close to my Monaco (and maybe it doesn't in the eyes of many) But the latest Autavia constantly catches my eye. Whenever I see it, I glance in its direction and cant stop looking at it and admiring the simplicity of its beauty.

Here is mine....

I am going to absolutely agree with you! Owning many watches, I have never really had a 'favorite one' that is because I have always considered whichever one that is currently on my wrist to be the 'favorite one'. However, after picking up the Autavia, I will say without a doubt that this is my favorite watch. I can not get over how stunning it is! At the expense of my other watches, the Autavia will be occupying my wrist for a very long time; so much so that I am considering on picking up another one for safe keeping :)
Heuer_Autavia_-_3[1].jpg
Edited:

I am going to absolutely agree with you!

I suggest that there are a few people out there like you and i as the reviews of this watch are mostly very positive, then after you wear it for a time it is more than confirmed.
I’ve never been one to want many of the same/similar looking watch while collecting but I must say I’m very very tempted to purchase the Jack Heuer version for my collection.
Edited:

Wow, i didn't expect the new autavia will be so much loved like this. Maybe it is true. When i asked my friend to take a look of it and compare it to monaco my friend said he prefer the autavia. I didnt realized it back then. Maybe the new autavia is really really special. My friend is a zenith person by the way. Not the biggest tag heuer person.

Yes, I have admired that watch from afar for many years but have not been in a position to purchase one myself.
I understand what you mean. That is one beautiful piece.
Any chance of a nice photo of yours and what sort of money are these fetching these days?

I'd wanted an Autavia but never lusted over one until I started looking at the 11630mh in black/orange. Never having tried one on the wrist I was worried it would sit too high and I'd not be in love with it....but there was no fear there.

I bought mine earlier this year so already prices were high. These go for €4500-6000 dependent on condition, bracelet, boxes, paperwork etc.
I'm very lucky I got this one with a mint bezel and the orange accents are just faded, but lume etc all intact.

IMG_9373.JPG

And the iconic 1133b Steve McQueen on my wrist that I'd struggle to trade the 11630mh for I think..... even though it's 2-3 times more valuable and that bit more iconic.

IMG_8987.JPG

My oh My, what a stunning Autavia 11630mh. they are definitely getting up there in price, maybe a bit out of my range but....you never know.
Thanks for sharing the photos, I love looking at photos of vintage watches, and thinking about what they mean to the lucky person who owns them. Its great to think of the heritage, where its been in a previous life and where it has ended up.
If only they could talk, imagine the stories they could tell......

Thank you ::love::

The Heritage, stories and mystery are what have me on my 6th Heuer now. The fact Heuer were terrible at recording anything adds to the mystery.

This reference 13 has more story than most as it's the only one ever seen with Koni branding on. Previously owned by renowned Heuer collector Paul Gavin (Heuerworld is his site and he is selling some watches with Philips in the Crosthwaite and Gavin collection) and it's stamped/etched with 1980 on the back which would correspond with when someone bought it....and is my birth year.

IMG_9445.JPG

Very nice piece. Do you know where the name KONI comes from. The only Koni I know make bike shocks?
Heuer certainly partnered with plenty of different Brands back in the day and I suppose still do in many markets.

Very nice piece. Do you know where the name KONI comes from. The only Koni I know make bike shocks?
Heuer certainly partnered with plenty of different Brands back in the day and I suppose still do in many markets.

You are on the way: Koni is a German producer of shocks for bikes, cars, off road... Whatever you need.

You are on the way: Koni is a German producer of shocks for bikes, cars, off road... Whatever you need.
Dutch actually: "KONI was founded in 1857 in Oud-Beijerland, the Netherlands, by A. de Koning." from https://www.koni.com/About-KONI/About-KONI/

The car in my garage is on Konis that have done 210,000 miles with just one rebuild.

excel-02.jpg

Koni in this case I believe is from the Dutch shock absorber/suspension manufacturer. There is also Koni related to car lifts, but my feeling is it fits in with the shock absorbers and that automotive link drew me to it as well.

My wife is also Dutch, lived in Holland for 6 years, own a house there and have an Orange car....oh and currently work for my second Dutch company, so a lot of things appeal to me with the watch.

This is the Koni logo of the time with which the text style fits with that on the dial of the watch.
IMG_9552.JPG

This is the Koni logo of the time with which the text style fits with that on the dial of the watch.
IMG_9552.JPG

According to the Koni website I linked to upthread they used that logo from 1944 to 1967, then went to the blocky text I am familiar with.
images.png

However that serifed typeface on the watch is far more Heuer-esque. And the "crown" logo is the badge on the last set of Konis I bought in 1984 -- although I had never looked at it closely before. That car has the first set of Konis ever made for a Lotus Excel, and the UK importer had the car for a couple of weeks to match the characteristics of the OE dampers.