Which watch do you love the most?

Was this the koni watch that was for sale recently? I'm sure I saw one mentioned for sale on here, I was tempted but have no massive love for koni dampers.

According to the Koni website I linked to upthread they used that logo from 1944 to 1967, then went to the blocky text I am familiar with.
images.png

However that serifed typeface on the watch is far more Heuer-esque. And the "crown" logo is the badge on the last set of Konis I bought in 1984 -- although I had never looked at it closely before. That car has the first set of Konis ever made for a Lotus Excel, and the UK importer had the car for a couple of weeks to match the characteristics of the OE dampers.

What you read is correct, however many shocks continued to use the old logo for years after. The same logo is still used by them for Koni Classic shocks for cars from the 40’s, 50’s and 60’s, and know they continued using it, but not sure if they stopped and then revived it in modern times again.

So as a massive assumption due to a lack of these being spotted I’m assuming that someone who had worked for the company for 30+ years through the era the old school logo was used left in 1980. They then had Heuer (or associated entity) produce this dial with the Koni brand on, in the most familiar text the guy leaving knew.

This is all based on theoreticals that really have no basis, but you can see how the logo is really more of the old school.

I’ll write to Koni at some point, or pop in and see them and see if they have some old geezer who knows something about something.

Was this the koni watch that was for sale recently? I'm sure I saw one mentioned for sale on here, I was tempted but have no massive love for koni dampers.

That was the one. I’d seen it years ago, and for me the date, automotive links and Dutch connection just seemed right. Then all of a sudden I had a new case on the way as well.

It's a tough question, but I think most likely I'd keep the mutant Carrera... although, having said that, if I have to sell them all then it's the one that would fetch the most money.. I wouldn't be happy about selling my F1 Kirium though.
IMG_2037.JPG

It's a tough question, but I think most likely I'd keep the mutant Carrera... although, having said that, if I have to sell them all then it's the one that would fetch the most money.. I wouldn't be happy about selling my F1 Kirium though.
IMG_2037.JPG
I was wearing mine last weekend. And you know what came through my mind ?

"Lucky i didnt sell it last few months !"

I put an ad to sell my gold and black like few months ago. It came close to be sold. But me and the buyer did not agree on small difference. How i thankful it is still hugging my wrist now. I don't think i will ever sell this one again.

My only beef is that i dont know how to find alternative custom strap for this one. I could buy the leather strap from H02 to fit into but i doubt it would give massive upgrade looks.

I was wearing mine last weekend. And you know what came through my mind ?

"Lucky i didnt sell it last few months !"

I put an ad to sell my gold and black like few months ago. It came close to be sold. But me and the buyer did not agree on small difference. How i thankful it is still hugging my wrist now. I don't think i will ever sell this one again.

My only beef is that i dont know how to find alternative custom strap for this one. I could buy the leather strap from H02 to fit into but i doubt it would give massive upgrade looks.

Could you get the red leather one from the Man Utd LE? :confused:

Could you get the red leather one from the Man Utd LE? :confused:
Not even a Man Utd fans. :p
But i think i asked before and the answer is no if you dont own the Man Utd LE.
I don't know if it is still stand like that until now.

carrera heuer 01 or 02T on the rubber or leather/rubber strap is my favorite watch

I know it’s two different watch models but the basis of the look or style of the case and strap is the same

I love the JCB magic touch on the modern carrera (or mutant carrera as they are affectionately referred to around here)

I cannot really put a finger on one reason but I love these two lines of watches, the overall style and look of the case and strap is essentially the same between the 01 and 02T

yet at the same time the modularity has created a wide variety of looks, materials, and styles to love ❤️

Not even a Man Utd fans. :p
But i think i asked before and the answer is no if you dont own the Man Utd LE.
I don't know if it is still stand like that until now.

I want that strap too for my original H01 45mm - maybe one day one will show up as “new old stock”on ebay

JCB, if your looking, please sell the straps a la carte for the Carrera like they are available for the Connected ❤️