What's on your wrist? / What are you wearing? (WRUW)

Maybe it's just my crappy monitor? Might look awesome at your end?

Maybe it's just my crappy monitor? Might look awesome at your end?
Well when I sent you photos of my newly painted blue and green walls at home you told me it all looks bloody grey. So either your screen, eyes and/or brain is failing.

And yes, your orange F1 does look pretty awesome on my end :cool:

Fair question. It is so much bolder and it just doesn't seem to capture it in a photo. It is much more orange and less yellow.
I can concur entirely...Orange is very very hard to capture...in real life it can look so bright and vivid while in a photo it might look dull and flat...Nice orange F1 too!

Hi Abel, noticed you like to modify your watches. The thinner hands in the sub-dials of the 60th are an improvement. Not so sure about the smaller chrono hand though, I feel the stock chrono hand is fine.

But I'm really curious about that Monaco in the background. It appears to be a PVD coated modern Monaco case, but with custom orange hands. What's the story on that watch?
73f5ce0e-0e15-4d5e-8109-f453eeff1076-jpeg.1556756

Well...the thinner subreg hands on the Panda look better yes, the central secs chrono hand is a big improvement for me personally as I think the original one is just so "unrefined", especially the bottom of the central secs hand looks so heavy (too long as well) and is disturbing look at the bottom subreg...but also here...it's a personal choice and the change I made to this Panda can easily be reverted to original.

About the PVD "thing" with orange hands in the background...hahaha...well spotted. But I cannot tell you more about that currently as it's a running project which will be ended and made public soon...I have been working on watches since early 2000...and have modded quite a bit indeed. Modern and vintage...not sure if you remember the "DiscAutavia" I made with Discommon and that was published on Hodinkee? And here are 2 more in the pics...

Well...the thinner subreg hands on the Panda look better yes, the central secs chrono hand is a big improvement for me personally as I think the original one is just so "unrefined", especially the bottom of the central secs hand looks so heavy (too long as well) and is disturbing look at the bottom subreg...but also here...it's a personal choice and the change I made to this Panda can easily be reverted to original.
I see what you mean by the stock chrono hand being too long and heavy at the bottom.
About the PVD "thing" with orange hands in the background...hahaha...well spotted. But I cannot tell you more about that currently as it's a running project which will be ended and made public soon...I have been working on watches since early 2000...and have modded quite a bit indeed. Modern and vintage...not sure if you remember the "DiscAutavia" I made with Discommon and that was published on Hodinkee? And here are 2 more in the pics...
It looks like you're giving the Monaco (CS2110?) a similar treatment to that Autavia. Looks cool. :thumbsup:

@Monaco_Lover did something similar with a Monaco CS2110, but his was a custom Dark Lord tribute.
1493595-e79f7b3503bee70e07af7360423ffe51.jpg

My grandfathers old one today, albeit on new strap. Worthless to everyone else, priceless to me. Certainly warming up to a new silver dial piece in the future though…
4F45A00D-88CD-4247-A0CD-B47D7499FFE1.jpeg

My grandfathers old one today, albeit on new strap. Worthless to everyone else, priceless to me. Certainly warming up to a new silver dial piece in the future though…
4F45A00D-88CD-4247-A0CD-B47D7499FFE1.jpeg
Ben, did I just read the word worthless used to describe a holy silver dial. Don't speak the words of the black dial devil my friend. Embrace that beautiful dial and let it bring your soul towards salvation.

On the Factory deployant with the FC6182 factory strap from the CV series Carreras. So far it is my favorite combination

On the Factory deployant with the FC6182 factory strap from the CV series Carreras. So far it is my favorite combination
Looks good! But I'm curious why you like it better than the 60th's OEM strap? For me, it's still the best black racing rally strap for this watch. Although I have to say I think I'm enjoying the tan pigskin racing color combo from Atelier Romane slightly more than OEM at the moment.

I like the OG strap but it seems just a bit too thin visually on the 60th. I really like it on the 160th better. The slightly flatter profile of the one above with the slight bolster and taper to 18mm looks better proportionately overall.

The strap that came with the panda is a really nice strap and feels great on wrist. The underside and texture of the top leather are great. I put it on the King and really like how it pairs with the watch visually.

The strap above just seems ok on the King and when I put it on the panda…it just felt and looked perfect to me. I also love the ability to adjust it to perfection.

I am sure some will think that I’m nuts…but that’s why all our collections are different.

I like the OG strap but it seems just a bit too thin visually on the 60th. I really like it on the 160th better. The slightly flatter profile of the one above with the slight bolster and taper to 18mm looks better proportionately overall.

The strap that came with the panda is a really nice strap and feels great on wrist. The underside and texture of the top leather are great. I put it on the King and really like how it pairs with the watch visually.

The strap above just seems ok on the King and when I put it on the panda…it just felt and looked perfect to me. I also love the ability to adjust it to perfection.

I am sure some will think that I’m nuts…but that’s why all our collections are different.
Interesting, different strokes for different folks.

One combo I haven't tried yet on the Panda King is my Dato's OEM croc strap. I actually like the look of croc for dressier occasions, but I dislike its relative lack of a taper from 19mm to 18mm, instead of to 16mm as I have on all my aftermarket straps and also on the 60th's strap.

I just assumed I wouldn't like the wider width of the croc on the 60th, since I never cared for it on the Dato, so have never tried it. But given your perspective, I'm tempted to try it on right now just to see how I feel about it.