What's on your wrist? / What are you wearing? (WRUW)

20230210_114109.jpg

Back from TH. Serviced and refinished....

Oh FFS, I just realised the backlight isn't working. It was working when I sent it in. I guess it'll be gone for another three bastard months!

Oh FFS, I just realised the backlight isn't working. It was working when I sent it in. I guess it'll be gone for another three bastard months!
Their quality control really needs some attention. When my Carrera reissue was serviced, they polished it when I asked them not to, and it also had to go back a second time as it wasn't keeping time within spec. At least they came good with a free new strap and refunded half the service cost, though!

Strange thing is the second hand should stop while the light is on and jump forward to where it should have been. Even if the light didn't work I would still expect the hand to stop, right? Which suggests they've changed the movement and replaced it with a movement that doesn't have a backlight. :whipped:

Strange thing is the second hand should stop while the light is on and jump forward to where it should have been. Even if the light didn't work I would still expect the hand to stop, right? Which suggests they've changed the movement and replaced it with a movement that doesn't have a backlight. :whipped:
Ah yes, the greedy Swiss and their classic interpretation of "servicing". Just save money by replacing the whole movement with a brand new one :thumbsup:

Don't you think they will come back to you to say that the lack of backlight is a characteristic of this movement ;)

What was wrong with it? I wouldn't expect a quartz to be serviceable, beyond a battery change

The hands lost time. But the digital display didn't. I changed the battery but it didn't solve it. It was losing like half an hour a day by the time it went back, at first it was a minute or something.

Ah yes, the greedy Swiss and their classic interpretation of "servicing". Just save money by replacing the whole movement with a brand new one :thumbsup:

Don't you think they will come back to you to say that the lack of backlight is a characteristic of this movement ;)

I wouldn't put it past them. The movement has been upgraded by removing one of the coolest features... I can hear it now.

It was originally an ETA movement, maybe they have replaced with Selitta equivalent which doesn't have the light?

I reckon this is just a standard issue with the calibre