What is your next purchase? / Wishlist?

S2.jpg
Watchfinder Black Friday sale - £1680. Over a grand off the new price, I couldn't pass it up.
Nice watch and a great price. Congrats to you!

I’ve been scouring the sale also. I thought the dark lord at around 5 grand was a fair enough price!

Thanks!

Yeah, also new stock added today - Monaco 24, but it's a lot of dosh

upload_2024-3-6_9-43-55.png

Wife just ordered this.... not a TAG Heuer, but she has enough of those already I guess! At least it's not another Omega.

Wife just ordered this.... not a TAG Heuer, but she has enough of those already I guess! At least it's not another Omega.
Quartz or auto? What's that chain/clasp above the crown for?

Quartz, she will never buy another auto. The chain holds the crown cover on. It comes off and the crown is underneath..

Good thing it has no date, so should only need to undo it twice a year and when the battery needs replacing

Quartz, she will never buy another auto...
Guess she's not a true watch enthusiast huh... it's okay she will not care one jot.
To be honest, she's quite disappointed it doesn't have diamonds on the dial.
What is she like?

Guess she's not a true watch enthusiast huh... it's okay she will not care one jot.
To be honest, she's quite disappointed it doesn't have diamonds on the dial.
What is she like?

To be fair Cartier are mainly known for quartz and one the only brands that have been OK with that & I’d expect sales of quartz to be more than auto.

Cartier is a great choice. My wife was taken by several of their designs. When wanting something fashionable, classy and with a long heritage, Cartier is the way.

The strange thing with Cartier, for me at least, is that I look at elements of each of their watches and multiple parts I don’t like…but then I look at that same watch as a whole and there’s just something about how I comes together.

I really can’t take to the Roman numerals, for example, but the finished piece just works with the numerals so well.

Santos Cartier is the model I would go for personally btw. Every time I picture it with say round indices, it just seems nondescript in my head.

Another thing to consider on that model is the screws. My methodical brain wants them all to line up ideally, but then how boring would that look?

Let’s not even consider the prospect of them being meant to line up but just one or two not being quite right.

Cue every screw deliberately random. Happy days. ;)

This one is cool btw, despite lack of Roman numerals and screws. PMSL

Just wondering whether the Gold bezel and screw Santos is douchebag enough on the Jim scale?

I’m not going to show this to my wife as she may want to be friends with your wife.

Just wondering whether the Gold bezel and screw Santos is douchebag enough on the Jim scale?
I found it quite fetching. The price was the only thing holding me back as we were getting his/hers at the time. I think we all need a two tone in our collection and if your budget allows - full gold. Just one for those days where you want to flex a bit

I tried on a black coated Santos a few years ago, had a red seconds hand. Very nice. I saw a used one for £4000 the other day but of course the coating is scratched.

The odd thing about this Pasha is that my wife hates Art Deco and if you asked me if she would like this watch I would say no chance. Odd that, eh?

I hadn't planned on buying another 4-figure watch so soon, but ran across an auction listing for a price that seemed too good to pass up. It's a CAR2B80.FC6325, because I got all caught up in the "El Primero" mystique:
s-l1600.jpg

Now I just have to wait for it to go through ebay's authentication process and arrive here -- they estimate it should arrive before the end of next week. At that point, I guess we'll find out if I got a good deal or got taken.

I know that isn't the correct strap, but it's supposed to come with two sets of straps (this one and the original).
Edited:

Nice choice.

At that point, I guess we'll find out if I got a good deal or got taken.
Should be a quick check, the ticking of the high beat is unmistakable.