Forums Latest Members

What is your next purchase? / Wishlist?

1. imagwai

imagwai May 21, 2017

You don't say exactly what discount you are being offered, but remember that they are only preparing to offer it at a discount because it won't sell at the new price. Given it's effectively old stock, I would base a valuation on the used value of the watch plus a small premium for the fact you're buying it new with a warranty.

You've already touched on most of the pros and cons you can think of. For me:

Pros:
    Classic Carrera design

Cons:
    Tag Heuer rather than Heuer
    Rose gold instead of yellow gold (that is a negative for me)

Also, regarding calibre 5, I think you can't base an opinion on the accuracy of the movement on just one watch in your collection?

Personally I wouldn't do it. These days, I only buy watches that I'm completely in love with, and I'm not convinced you are - just you've been offered a good price for something you weren't previously considering. In your shoes, I would probably get the Telemeter, though, if I had to buy something.

2. erich77

erich77 May 21, 2017

I agree with you - the watch has to "speak to me" or I have to feel "completely in love with" as @imagwai put it - good luck with your decisions.

Edited May 21, 2017
    dtf likes this.
  3. Aquagraph

Aquagraph May 21, 2017

Otto, like Imagwai said, it doesn't sound like you really love it, and that's why you probably shouldn't buy it, NOT because it's a TAG!:whipped:

4. OttoWilliam

OttoWilliam May 21, 2017

Thank you all for the inputs.

The discount they offered me was 35%. If i calculate nett price USD was about 2.370,40 (i consider this is good price for gold watch)

Yes it doesnt speak to me (the calibre 5 rose gold)...yet...i might regret it someday or i might not. I dont know yet. I like the design.

Again thanks for the inputs. Really appreciated. :thumbsup:

erich77 likes this.
  5. erich77

erich77 May 21, 2017

the indices have a nice, almost patina, shade of gold - it is a nice piece but for me it would not get enough wrist time

6. OttoWilliam

OttoWilliam May 21, 2017

Exactly ! Indices and hands all gold:eek:...i mean all good...
    Thats one of the main attraction

One thing that bugging me is that will this satied my hunger for calibre 7 gold domeglass ?

I am leaning towards telemeter as many suggested though. I'll be damn if they release reedition carrera heuer panda dial with in house movement appropriate size next year if i got the tele now !:cautious:

erich77 likes this.
  7. erich77

erich77 May 21, 2017

I think the telemeter is certainly a jewel, and that glassbox is sexy, just wish it was 41mm, 3 register (heuer 02?) - the goldish tone panda dial is beautiful

OttoWilliam likes this.
  8. OttoWilliam

OttoWilliam May 21, 2017

Telemeter is definetely a jewel. But vintage panda carrera definitely one of my all time favorite. Almost like a grail to me. Hope if someday they reedition it they will do it right.

erich77 likes this.
  9. erich77

erich77 May 21, 2017

and put a proper tachy scale in there instead of a telemeter scale (lol)

10. elbeik

elbeik May 22, 2017

Don't buy it because of the discount. A great discount is in the vicinity of 50%.
    This wasn't even on your consideration list prior to them showing it to you.

Stick to what you like, it will pay back on the long run.

OttoWilliam likes this.
  11. Mr_Orange

Mr_Orange May 22, 2017

Sound advice.

OttoWilliam likes this.
  12. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member May 22, 2017

Autavia will be next for me

erich77 likes this.
  13. OttoWilliam

OttoWilliam May 24, 2017

Fought my way to the hell of traffic today with one mission in mind.

I was selling my monaco LS and took substantial loss for it. All for that one mission in mind.

So i met the buyer at a mall in the center and from where i work with the traffic and everything it was 1 and half hour to reach there. The buyer (he wore breitling), look at the monaco and liked it. He made the payment. He even put the breitling inside the box and wear the monaco directly.

Now for that mission...

From the mall in the center i need to go to another mall. Short distance but was very jam. Took me about almost an hour. I went straight to TH boutique and asked for water bottle...

Long story came short now i have Telemeter on my lap...

I am driving through my next meeting through another traffic hell

I am gonna be late...but at least i am happy.

Will post a better picture soon !

Current score: monaco 0 carrera 4 (sold my one and only monaco so far, will definetely hunt for the steve mcqueen in the future)

Cheers

20170524_172546.jpg
    erich77 likes this.
  14. Mr_Orange

Mr_Orange May 24, 2017

Nice story, but the contest at the end is a little unfair. IMO, you picked the worst Monaco to own. The LS is a dog of a watch, but to each their own, of course. Maybe you will try a different, nicer Monaco in the future....

Edited May 24, 2017
  15. elbeik

elbeik May 24, 2017

Well done.

#savethecarrera

16. BPD

BPD May 24, 2017

Nicely done and congrats! Welcome to the Telemeter club :thumbsup:

17. OttoWilliam

OttoWilliam May 24, 2017

At some point i think you affected my decision to sold it the most. Topped that with telemeter availibility and other factors made the trigger pulled easier.
    Now the only Monaco i want is blue dial steve mcqueen. Not even interested in monaco 24 like i used to anymore.

18. OttoWilliam

OttoWilliam May 24, 2017

#savethecarrera :thumbsup:

19. OttoWilliam

OttoWilliam May 24, 2017

Thanks, i am still adapting to read between the indices marker. Loving it so far

20. Pitfitter446

Pitfitter446 May 26, 2017

My next piece could be a bit down the line, bought a Montblanc in Madrid last week and soon a sieko orange will be on its way to me from a member here, better hold off till next year now, at least I can see what will be available in the next 12 months, it might be special.