Forums Latest Members

What is your next purchase? / Wishlist?

1. Yago

Yago Oct 30, 2021

Yeah but if people buy one as an investment and it tanks then that’s upto them. There are no guarantees. Trees don’t grow to the sky.
    It’s not that the risks are huge though. A 7.2k standard sub will sell for approx 11k bnib. White dial Daytonas are a different matter of course.

2. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Oct 30, 2021

What I mean though is it's a cyclical thing where people with little interest in watches are buying them solely because they are 'investments'. Frankly I hope people like that do get burned, they're just ruining it for everyone else who genuinely wants one. From what I've heard through YouTube it seems like almost no one who actually gets to buy one at list wants it to actually wear... so glad I am not drawn to Rolex!

3. Yago

Yago Oct 30, 2021

Used to be the same with classic Porsches a few years back. That has cooled now but a watch is a lot less hassle of course. The same ADs the sell Rolex also sell precious gems as investment.

4. Yago

Yago Oct 30, 2021

Someone told me last week that when his dad once inquired about a white Daytona as a pension gift for himself, he was told that a purchase worth of 100k in stones would make it possible. He’s a frequent customer there, has sports and dress Rolex including a rose gold day date. His son was wearing a batman GMT he got as a graduation gift from his dad. So there you go, even those guys can’t get in the upper Rolex caste.

5. Anthony.R

Anthony.R Oct 30, 2021

Not much different to people that buy Art pieces and never hang them. Happy to keep it stored in a warehouse then sell years later for a huge profit. These same people sometimes hang a fake on their wall while keeping the original locked away.

Yago likes this.
  6. Yago

Yago Oct 31, 2021

Great capture of the original Kermit by @olivineprestige

F9DEF843-94C3-4834-B727-D051BD32985B.jpeg

7. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Oct 31, 2021

I still like the original Kermit the best. :thumbsup:
    Funny how a relatively inexpensive piece of green colored aluminum makes these watches worth so much more over the standard sub of the same vintage.

8. Yago

Yago Oct 31, 2021

I prefer the kermit as well. The first green bezel sub and anniversary edition. Future classic. Besides the bezel there’s also the maxi dial. That would only be introduced in the standard sub of the next generation. I particularly like that feature. The kermit is the only classic case with maxi dial. The following generation looks fat in comparison. The current one has slimmed down lugs but is still a lot beafier than the kermit.

9. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Oct 31, 2021

[​IMG]
    Just a cheap one, won't put too much of a dent in my TAG fund!

10. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Oct 31, 2021

Nice find :thumbsup:

11. McBeardy

McBeardy Nov 3, 2021

For some reason felt the need to post some wishlist/ next purchase ramblings here and maybe get some thoughts from he forum.

Top of the list is the Monaco Calibre 11 (needs know introduction here) always fondly enjoyed the Monaco, and very much hankering after a blue dial watch. My only concerns is the depth/ height (previously had a U Boat too bulky) but also a Panerai which is the same height but ess case detail. My other half isn't a fan of the 'ugly square watch' as she calls it (but I love the look). Never owned a chrono before (mainly dive watch fan) but 2 register chrono visually appeals more to me.

upload_2021-11-3_12-17-29.jpeg

If the Tag isn't the one (I strongly think it will be) then the other iconic chrono that I keep coming back to is the 3861 Moonwatch by Omega. Size is a bit bigger (but I know the 39mm of the Monaco wears larger). I do love the updated version and comes on bracelet as standard (Monaco doesn't but I will purchase this). Heavier price, but also a busier dial. Manual wind isn't an issue either. Not a visually appealing as the Tag mind you.

upload_2021-11-3_12-22-37.jpeg

Left field option is the newly incoming 40mm Luminor Panerai in blue. Due to be announced shortly, and a brand I always loved. The sunburst blue that Panerai offer is great, and the Luminor is very ditinctive. I sold my base 44mm as lug to lug to big (I need 50mm below) plus the very flat sapphire made the 44mm seem bigger plus my base had the fully polished case (seemed bland). 42mm option is the picture attahed but the 40mm is the same just smaller.
    upload_2021-11-3_12-26-58.jpeg

The next options are me looking for a cheaper everyday wearer (currently the forum favourite BB58 is my daily).

Oris Diver 65 the now discontinued version. For some reason the vintage vibe of this I dig! Plus a sucker for the font on the numerals. Original design also. Just not sure if i really want another vintage black dive watch.

upload_2021-11-3_12-30-20.jpeg

New Aquaracer - now I love the look of these in the flesh, but also a modern original take on a dive watch. The 43mm is too big for my taste and I'm eagerly awaiting the 39/40 mm variant. Sword hands and the case are a plus, but i do hate mismatched lume (maybe have that altered). But again another dive watch and I think the Monaco is the Tag I want.
    upload_2021-11-3_12-33-43.jpeg

My small ethos is one watch one brand and to cover many basis.

Seiko Arnie (Vintage heirloom watch), BB58 daily dive watch, G Shock (cycling). Next purchase possible the chrono and some colour? 40th (a few years away) Glashutte Pano Luna Matic (high end complication and my dress piece). Famous words but think that would be me done.

upload_2021-11-3_12-45-30.jpeg

Apologies if the wrong place and ramblings. I'm in a CBA work mode and would appreciate the input.

Edited Nov 3, 2021
    ASW, dtf, Mspeedster and 1 other person like this.
  12. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Nov 3, 2021

Love this, funny cause I have long thought that the Pano Reserve (same but manual wind and power reserve instead of moon) is the strongest contender for my 40:th birthday! I also love that GO has managed to do the big date way better than Lange, Lange places the two discs a couple of meters between each other in height so it looks weird but GO has them on same level so it looks superb.

Some great choices on your list here but since you already own the best daily driver in the world (BRRAACKA BAYAAA FIDDY EIGHTAAA) your obvious next purchase is the 211P Monaco. Nothing more needs to be said, the Monaco is a classic that you will love forever. I need one too.

DATee and McBeardy like this.
  13. McBeardy

McBeardy Nov 3, 2021

Thanks Jim,

Yep I do love the BB58 bought when my daughter was born also so one I'd never sell.

Yes Lange uses 2 discs at different height. I love Lange's attention to detail and this recent WF video
    is crazy. But I'm not a precious metal wearer, nor have the finances for one. I do prefer the visual look on the Lange 1 over the GO (think its the roman numerals & their date border). But the GO is great VFM. The moonphase it utterly not needed but why not huh.

Think you right on the Monaco mind you.

Thanks Brad

14. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Nov 3, 2021

All nice choices, but your top two are the winners for me.

The Monaco would also be my top choice, though I'm obviously biased as I own 3 of them. :rolleyes: It has tremendous wrist presence and always gets lots of comments. It's also very unique and I rarely see them on others out in the real world.

Can't go wrong with the Omega Speedy, it's an icon in its own right and has an even bigger following than the Monaco. I just find its size a little a too big for my taste. That's why I own the 39mm First Omega in Space rather than the 42mm Speedmaster Pro. The Ed White would be perfect, but very expensive and difficult to get.

kappa_md and thingziliketoo like this.
  15. imagwai

imagwai Nov 3, 2021

Speedy or Monaco for me. The Monaco would be a more fun and interesting choice than the Speedy imo.

thingziliketoo, dtf and HoltzPlatz like this.
  16. Pitfitter446

Pitfitter446 Nov 4, 2021

Monaco for me, I’m biased though since I have one on my wrist as I type.

McBeardy and Jim Dollares like this.
  17. McBeardy

McBeardy Nov 4, 2021

Thanks think that is my thinking also, the Ed White is way out of my budget, and the FOIS I believe has straight lugs rather than lyre - which I love the Omegas. Think I'll have to find an AD that stocks both so really see which suits me best.

Definitely feel that I'm just slightly concerned on the size and I'll get bored with it (don't think I will).

A good bias.

Maybe the Speedy is one that looks better in pictures and on other people than on me.

18. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Nov 4, 2021

Well, I guess their range is so stagnant / classic (delete as preferred) that anything remotely different makes a big splash.

paysdoufs likes this.
  19. Anthony.R

Anthony.R Nov 6, 2021

With a bit of luck I should have this in a week or 2.
    Not great paying over Retail but that's the way of the world with this lot.
    Just need to do some homework on the seller first.
    Screenshot_20211011-164843_WhatsApp.jpg

20. kappa_md

kappa_md Nov 6, 2021

No bias here whatsoever.. I’d pick the Monaco.. :whistling:
    Nothing more, nothing less, nothing else ::rimshot::

McBeardy likes this.