Forums Latest Members

Welcome to the dedicated TAG Heuer Connected Discussions!

1. kylemcdonald7

kylemcdonald7 Feb 8, 2021

I also have this issue. Been caught out a few times giving the wrong date!

2. neowatch

neowatch Feb 8, 2021

So, it’s not just me, I will try a few things, but the old faces work, it’s just this new 2020 style.

3. brmtown

brmtown Apr 20, 2021

Hello everyone,
    Picked up my TH Connected Black Titanium watch about 2 months ago and wanted to dress it up. Does anyone know if Tag will make a black metal (preferably titanium) band to match in the near future. I thought it should have been an option from the start.

Albert-AMG likes this.
  4. gajtguy

gajtguy Apr 21, 2021

I have looked around for a discussion around the iOS app and the necessity to keep it running or use it intermittently and what impact either has had on performance. For example, I’m noticing better battery life when the iOS app is NOT running but wonder if there are features I lose because it’s not. Curious what others have found in their experience. Thanks in advance.

5. flawless

flawless Apr 21, 2021

Is this a TAG Heuer Connected iOS app or the WearOS by Google for iOS app? I've not used WearOS with iOS myself, but I know there's limitations to using any WearOS with iOS anyway.

6. gajtguy

gajtguy Apr 21, 2021

7945063E-321E-458A-9B97-EA7FD65EB6D9.jpeg
    Great point. I was thinking that I had to have the wear OS app running (TAG keeps a message on the watch that it needs to be connected to it, will add a pic) and I only use the tag app occasionally. Maybe I have that wrong? 7945063E-321E-458A-9B97-EA7FD65EB6D9.jpeg

7. curtfrommelt

curtfrommelt Apr 21, 2021

I don’t connect OS during the day. Then at night, when I charge it, I do. Works great.

flawless and gajtguy like this.
  8. curtfrommelt

In fact it’s not updating apps in the background during the day which helps it run smoother.

9. gajtguy

gajtguy Apr 21, 2021

That makes sense Curt. It’s funny how we are told the wear OS has to run and even the watch has to tell you it’s not connected, but it really doesn’t need to be to work. Well, that’s why we have forums like these for people w similar interests ;-)

curtfrommelt likes this.
  10. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Apr 21, 2021

I have my Connected Modular 45 paired to an iPhone X, and I always have the iPhone Wear OS app working in the background. If I close it, the bluetooth connection is lost and the watch stops receiving notifications from the iPhone.

I have always understood that for it to work correctly, the iPhone Wear OS app must be working in the background, bluetooth activated, and allow data to be shared via bluetooth with the watch. I use it like this, and the connection is very reliable during all hours of use

11. curtfrommelt

Albert... for me, I have the same Wear OS and set up. The notifications still come through even though Wear OS is closed. In my settings, the Bluetooth connection doesn't drop, even when Wear OS is closed. I'm not sure the difference.

12. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Apr 21, 2021

It is a strange behavior ::confused2::, because it is assumed that if you close the Wear OS app completely, the bluetooth connection is lost... in my case it happens like this, and immediately

13. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Apr 22, 2021

Update:
    Today I was checking this matter, and when I completely close the Wear OS app on my iPhone X, the bluetooth connection is lost... but after 2-3 seconds, it comes again! :confused:

So the watch is still receiving notifications from the phone even with the Wear OS app closed, although showing the crossed out cloud on the screen... unless the watch finds a WiFi connection, in that case the crossed out cloud disappears and the watch remains connected to WiFi all time. I still have to check if there is any difference in battery consumption with Wear OS closed, but this behaviour was a surprise anyway!

Iñaki and curtfrommelt like this.
  14. curtfrommelt

curtfrommelt Apr 22, 2021

Not sure if there is a difference in battery consumption but it “feels” like it.

Iñaki and Albert-AMG like this.
  15. gajtguy

gajtguy Apr 22, 2021

Thank you Curt and Albert. Helpful to hear your experiences and new findings. Today, not using the iOS app, went 10 hours and still had 38% battery left. That’s pretty different than days ago. Wifi is on and connected at home and at my office. I’d have to assume battery life is better with this arrangement. Will test further. Thanks.

Albert-AMG and curtfrommelt like this.
  16. gajtguy

gajtguy Apr 27, 2021

Quick update. Having gone a few days with Curt's suggestion and Albert's experience, I found that with iOS app NOT running in the background during the day, WiFi on, that it lasted much longer. End of the day, about 10 hours off charger with 43% remaining, so could have run another 7-8 hours...which is a solid day run.

curtfrommelt and Albert-AMG like this.
  17. gajtguy

gajtguy Apr 27, 2021

Wondering about what might be battery life on battery saver mode for the full run of the battery...I was thinking of a scenario where you might be traveling or anticipating 2-3 days of not having a chance to charge the watch...would the battery saver mode allow for several days of use on one charge? I'm going to try it, but wondered if anyone else has and what was your experience.
    Thanks.

Albert-AMG likes this.
  18. flawless

flawless Apr 28, 2021

With a standard (not Watchmaker or Facer) watch face, my watch is usually on 60%+ when I put it on charge (taking it off the stand around 7am and putting it back around 11pm). Turning it off at the end of the night (rather than using Battery Saver for 7 hours while asleep), and using Battery Saver mode for a significant amount of time while worn, would definitely let me go 3 days between charges.

I use an Android phone and my daily wear face is usually a standard TAG Heuer watch with a custom background (created with the TH app).

Battery life will also be dependent on the Connected module - mine is a first edition CM45 (says "50 Meters Waterproof", whereas later editions just say "50 Meters") so it's been around for a while (bought used by my brother and gifted to me).

Edited Apr 28, 2021
    gajtguy, Albert-AMG and curtfrommelt like this.
  19. curtfrommelt

curtfrommelt Apr 28, 2021

I tend to put mine in theater mode if I'm not actively needing updates. I would assume Batter Saver would be better. I'll be doing that.

Theater mode has let me get 2 full days from one charge.

gajtguy likes this.
  20. curtfrommelt

curtfrommelt Jun 10, 2021

Anyone else struggle with getting the screw pins out to size the black ceramic bracelet? The AD I went to handed it back to me. The nearest boutique is 70 miles away.