Forums Latest Members

TAG Heuer Connected E3 - APP for iPhone (TAG SPORTS APP)

1. oroloi

oroloi May 24, 2020

This post is directed to TAG but if you have input regarding the Tag Sports App please add to the thread :)

This iPhone App and Wear OS now working better with the iPhone is one of the many reasons why I bought the G3 Connected 2020. The Sports App also looked really good in the marketing material TAG provided but after using the sports app for the last 2 months the following need to be looked at by the TAG team.
    The Watch APP (SPORTS) needs updating to at least allow us to customize parts of it and to Add more options. Even though it’s Very Basic for someone that is into Sport/Fitness it’s still pretty usable BUT Please do something about the following..........

- Give us the option to delete unwanted Sports sessions from the Tag sports App once they are recorded by mistake. This happened on the first day as I was testing it and was SHOCKED to find you can’t delete them. You can delete them when uploaded to strava but not your own Tag Sports App ? EDIT : TAG recently updated the App but it only partly works, you can delete from the phone BUT the phone doesn't sync with the watch and so allows the unwanted sports sessions to remain on the watch. Wake up TAG and test your Updates before passing it to us, very poor.

- Fix the issue with the Sports sessions taking way too long to sync from the G3 watch to the iPhone app.

- Give us the option to enlarge text for the sports screens, for example during running etc the Heart Rate text on the bottom of the screen during an activity is small and since the screens real estate is large it would be great to have the option to enlarge text.

- Add AUTO PAUSE to Cycling, we don’t all ride on velodromes. We do need to stop at traffic light and the average speed becomes useless without auto pause.

- Add the option to show the PACE in min/km for Walking.

- Add Mountain Biking / Kayaking / Swimming etc to the list of Sports. Also the option to remove the sports we don’t use or edit them to the bottom of the list.

The above sounds like I’m asking for too much but they are simple things that should have been included from day one. I believe TAG has a team of 38 people working on the software side ? If so I’m glad my purchase and everyone else’s purchase of the Connected G3 Smartwatch has created jobs. Without you the watch would not exist and equally important, without us purchasing the watch your team would not exist so let’s all contribute to make the software better :)

Hope you reading this TAG because I also want to say I’m very happy with the G3 Connected, it’s mostly Perfect except for the above and also some wear os things but that’s another story :)

Edited Jun 8, 2020
    nelsinho and Anthony.R like this.
  2. Iñaki

Iñaki May 24, 2020

I told also to Tag Heuer customer service two additional things:
    -Do workouts
    -Don’t leave the app to change music/volume

I am happy with the application because in a 10km race, the times in several of the km were the same as those of a garmin or with very little difference
    The battery low a 25%/hour of training ( without the phone. With it, connected to music, much more)

3. oroloi

oroloi May 24, 2020

Before I got rid of my Apple Watch I tested the Tag G3 with the Apple Watch and Garmin. The TAG is very accurate. If Tag can enhance the Sports software with the above including your recommendations and whatever others can add to this thread it will make the watch even better

Iñaki likes this.
  4. nelsinho

nelsinho Jun 3, 2020

One wish has been granted

375B2AD3-F8A3-4A87-8EE8-0D2173182D82.jpeg
    oroloi and Hubert like this.
  5. oroloi

oroloi Jun 4, 2020

Yes, but doesn't work properly, see next post............

Edited Jun 8, 2020
  6. oroloi

oroloi Jun 8, 2020

Just realised this new UPDATE only partly fixes the issue...........you can ONLY Delete Unwanted sports sessions from the phone app NOT the watch. The phone app doesn't sync properly with the watch sports sessions. The watch still shows unwanted sports sessions and CAN'T BE DELETED FROM THE WATCH, this would not have been a problem if synching worked both ways from phone app to watch.

TAG you need to hire people to work on all aspects of the software NOT JUST ADDING PRETTY WATCH FACES. You also need to test your updates before you offer updates. Do you really need someone like myself to let you know ?

TAG you obviously have no interest in the Sports section of the Connected Watch.

I bought your watch because the GARMIN MARQ has awful screen, once they come out with the MARQ 2 (hopefully) with an OLED screen I will wave goodbye to you