Forums Latest Members

Welcome to the dedicated TAG Heuer Connected Discussions!

1. Renat1992

Renat1992 Jul 29, 2019

Couldn’t find this set of “scratch remover” fiberglass pencils anywhere, but suddenly found a one of the fiberglass pencils (similar to red one in your kit) in the electronic shop.
    Result is really awesome. Thank you @Albert-AMG for sharing this!!!

BMW Works, VRman and Albert-AMG like this.
  2. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Jul 29, 2019

:) Great! :thumbsup:

BMW Works and Renat1992 like this.
  3. Renat1992

Renat1992 Aug 28, 2019

Hi everyone!
    Today I have scratched a glossy surface of one lug (you can see what I mean on the screen). Does anyone know could it be polished back to the original glossy condition?

I think scratch remover is not good in this case))

49F3D0A1-51F9-4375-B92F-9F84575AF1E4.jpeg

4. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Aug 28, 2019

The scratch remover tools (fiberglass pencils) are great for brushed surfaces, but not for mirror finished surfaces... I would take it to the watchmaker to polish it

BMW Works likes this.
  5. Renat1992

Renat1992 Aug 28, 2019

Yes, Albert, I understand this. I hope watchmaker will able to polish it back to the mirror finished surface. I just don’t understand this was an addition glossy layer or it is just titanium itself but well polished) if it is a glossy layer may be watch maker won’t able to return it back to the initial condition...

6. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Aug 28, 2019

After double checking again the lugs, I’m 99% sure it’s not an added layer but the same titanium well polished, so the watch maker should be able to return it back to the initial mirror finish :thumbsup:

BMW Works and Renat1992 like this.
  7. Renat1992

Renat1992 Aug 29, 2019

Thanks for clarification, Albert!

BMW Works and Albert-AMG like this.
  8. Prokrastindj

Prokrastindj Dec 1, 2019

Hello Gentlemen,

Unfortunately, my 1st generation Connected died. It was kept for charging and all of a sudden it stopped displaying anything. I took it to the service center and declared it could not be fixed. I am so sad as I had admired it so much. And since the warranty expired they couldn't do anything other offer a discount on new purchase.
    Signed
    Heart broken.

9. connected1976

connected1976 Dec 1, 2019

10. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Dec 3, 2019

Ask them if they can offer the discount on the upcoming Connected to be released Q1 2020.

Calibre11, Prokrastindj and BMW Works like this.
  11. Prokrastindj

Prokrastindj Dec 19, 2019

Thank you and definitely will contact them. Didn't know they are releasing a new one. Now thats new hope. Thank you again.

Hubert likes this.
  12. ponente67

ponente67 Jun 25, 2020

Are buckle, lugs and strap of 1st generation compatible with 2nd generation connected?
    With 3th sure not, but between previos versions?

13. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Jun 25, 2020

Lugs and straps for sure not. Buckles from 2nd generation have a quick release system which is not in first generation, so they are also different

BMW Works likes this.
  14. ponente67

ponente67 Jun 25, 2020

Thank you very much

15. Snowy

Snowy Oct 13, 2020

I have a question for @Albert-AMG.

Do you have any new information on the supply of connected modular45 and 41 components?

At this point, Tag Heuer Japan has removed second-generation connected products from stores, including outlets.

Tag Heuer Japan also said that it would change the strap supply so that it supplies limited colors and materials. It are not so many variations.

16. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Oct 14, 2020

I have no news at the moment. In Europe the complete sets that were in stock went to the TH outlet stores with a 30% discount, and the accessories are sold at their retail price. Perhaps it is a decision for Japan and for certain markets... which would explain why the prices of watches and accessories (bracelets and straps, lugs, buckles) of the Connected second generation on eBay and Chrono24 are so high, and even accessories are above the retail price sometimes, because in some markets they are no longer available, and buying online (mainly to other countries) is the only way to get them.

In my usual AD in Barcelona they assured me that they could always provide me with Modular straps and accessories in the future, just as they can provide for the first Connected generation, and for TAG Heuer watches that have been discontinued for more than 25 years.

BMW Works and Snowy like this.
  17. Snowy

Snowy Oct 14, 2020

The information of Barcelona is good.

There is a possibility that they simply remove the second generation in order to sell the third generation watch.

In Japan, Calibre 5 and Calibre 16 are still in the outlets. As for accessories such as straps, I was told to tell shop early if there is anything I want.

18. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Oct 21, 2020

This was today in my usual Barcelona AD. I ordered it some days ago for a friend of mine, and it has arrived today :)

72CEA774-F0D3-4B97-B840-58FC63701B25.jpeg

When I saw the characteristics of the Connected 2020, and it was clear to me that I was not going to buy it... I quickly ordered in my AD the last straps that I was missing from the Modular 45, just in case ;)

BMW Works, VRman, Snowy and 1 other person like this.
  19. neowatch

neowatch Oct 27, 2020

For a change I went back to wear my Tag Heuer Connected gen 1 46mm today, wow I still love it , the screen is so much bigger , around 40mm compared to the gen 2 screen at 35mm diameter. The gen 2 is brighter in always on mode, but the gen 1 with its transflective led display outdoors is the best. The screen on the gen 1 is more natural also, what I mean by that is that it looks less like a computer display and more like a watch face, certainly when using the tag supplied factory faces. What are other people’s thoughts on the differences between gen 1 and gen 2 ??? I love them both

20. neowatch

neowatch Feb 8, 2021

Hi, does anyone know why the new style 3 hand face from the 2020 design does not update the day and date on my gen 2 watch. I put it in cinema mode overnight. In the morning the day date will only change if I swap to another face and back again. .??? Thanks