Watches and Wonders 2023

Congrats Hubert.

I'm also echoing what others have said about the curved tachy/chapter ring. I think it detracts from the beautiful angular Carrera case.

Thickness from what i recall to the Glassbox was very similar.

New three hander movement TH31 looks rather promising, 80 hours and cosc.

upload_2023-3-27_11-0-16.png

I suppose IN HOUSE is the same logic as Tudor and many other brands i.e. movement made by Kenissi?

upload_2023-3-27_11-1-14.png

About time for their 'inhouse' movement shame the rotor is bland, would look amazing in black

I'm still unsure about how I feel about this new curvy chapter ring treatment on the Carrera. The distortion issue on the old heritage glassbox never bothered me much. Comparing the two side by side, the heritage model still holds up very nicely. Maybe I just need time to let this new design sink in. If they've reduced the thickness, that will certainly be a plus.

Glassbox_Generations_Profile_2490.jpg

I must say looking at 'OnTheDash' article, the green is the pick of the bunch for me on the glassbox's

About time for their 'inhouse' movement shame the rotor is bland, would look amazing in black
Another slight shame.... you have to spend 20k to get the new movement. The 5k two toner has the good ol' calibro cinqo :rolleyes::rolleyes:

What movement is in the new Glassboxes? Website and press releases say TH-20…?

Heuer 02 branding is still present elsewhere, so is this a new third party derived calibre? Or an evolution of the Heuer 02?

This ui Screenshot_20230327_200900_Instagram.jpg s what I've come across so far.

I guess we'll get used to it but I must admit I'm not keen on it either, it reminds me of something but I can't think what
It reminds me of the curved outer bezel on the Autavia, only its under glass on the Carrera. The 42mm Connected also has a similar treatment.

Another slight shame.... you have to spend 20k to get the new movement. The 5k two toner has the good ol' calibro cinqo :rolleyes::rolleyes:

All lines will be updated with it at some point, and a price increase to match

It reminds me of the curved outer bezel on the Autavia, only its under glass on the Carrera. The 42mm Connected also has a similar treatment.

Yes, that's it! Well done. I was thinking the Connected... but you are spot on with the Autavia.

I've not seen anything stating if the TH20 is COSC. Anybody know?

Wouldn't have though so.
Only difference I can find is this.
Don't think that change alone would qualify for COSC.

Here we go, guys . . . my posting covering the five new Carrera chronographs just released by TAG Heuer --
http://www.onthedash.com/introducing-five-carreras-2023-march/

Quick off the blocks with a very nice introduction Jeff. Thanks.
Your photos from TAG Heuer boutique, Atlanta make the reverse panda look much better the rather sterile official renders, and appeal far more to me. I really like the redesign of the glassbox too. Personally, the price of £5600 is making me baulk and as silly as it sounds in my head, for me the Heuer logo speaks loudly and if this was branded H rather than TH then I’d have jumped. I miss the ‘old days’ of AD discounts. But it’s a good looking watch.

So.... no green Aquaracer then.
angry-old-man-getting-crazy-or-a-wolf.jpg

Not sure what’s happening with that. I know there’s meant to be a red dial 200 on the way this spring/summer.

Carrera coverage by WA, shows very well the look of the new models

And provides some answers:
14.2mm thick (same as previous glassbox Carreras)
20mm strap width (so any future bracelets won't fit the previous glassbox Carreras)