Watch manufacturer volumes- Morgan Stanley

I think most would prefer without (unless of course they were functional). But honestly, you don't really notice them on the wrist and nobody else would unless they got up close with the watch. The watch also works really well on the Vanguard rubber strap or a nice suede or leather band.
I like them. Gives it vintage character and makes it different from my Rolex sub. But I suppose having faux rivets is like faux patina for many.

The Black Bays are great watches. I had one, pic attached, with their new in-house movement at the time. The movement caused the cases to be slightly thicker than the ETA version. The ETA version is a hot commodity nowadays.

Black Bay.jpg

The Black Bays are great watches. I had one, pic attached, with their new in-house movement at the time. The movement caused the cases to be slightly thicker than the ETA version. The ETA version is a hot commodity nowadays.

Black Bay.jpg
Rose logo > shield logo

Black Bay.jpg
Let me guess, you sold it for a Yema or Seiko?

I would prefer the older ETA version over the current 41mm Black Bay for exactly that reason. Plus the Rose logo has its own charm.

Thankfully the newer in-house movement in the 39mm BB58 gives it a slim profile. I believe Tudor could use that lower profile movement in the 41mm BB too if they wanted, since its thickness is a sore point for some.

No, the funds from the selling of my non-TAGs, the BB, speedmaster and seamaster all went to fund a couple of new bikes :)

I’ll place the other graphs here (CTTO) to give a better look and analysis. :thumbsup:

2017 - 2020 Rankings :whistling:
0F375D96-9B09-40E4-B776-52FED09A03B5.jpeg

The top 12 are pretty consistent.
Edited:

Funny how non of the other brands have understood that they should be more like Rolex. Obviously what Rolex is doing with their business model is working insanely well with 25% of the market share. I mean 25, it is almost unbelievable!

Funny how non of the other brands have understood that they should be more like Rolex. Obviously what Rolex is doing with their business model is working insanely well with 25% of the market share. I mean 25, it is almost unbelievable!
Understanding is one thing. Replicating is much much harder and takes years, even generations. For some it's a nigh impossible task given where the brand is starting from.

Example - Skoda make good cars these days, but they will never be thought of the same as Ferrari. Each brand has to find it's own niche.

Understanding is one thing. Replicating is much much harder and takes years, even generations. For some it's a nigh impossible task given where the brand is starting from.

Example - Skoda make good cars these days, but they will never be thought of the same as Ferrari. Each brand has to find it's own niche.

Ah yes sorry I wasnt talking about the Skodas on the list like Longins, Tissot and Swatch. I was thinking more about TAG and Omega who both keep making three obvious mistakes:

1. "Hey look here these are our 2500 new SKU's for this year"

2. Producing more than demand, keep pushing stock into grey market

3. No consistent identity within specific product lines. What is a Carrera/Speedmaster? "Well we are not sure but lets say its anything you want it to be dear customer!"

Omega is still banking on Space NASA & James Bond.

TAG Heuer on the other hand betting on Motorsports, digital Connected & still adapting Global Brand Ambassadors.

Rolex is.. still for me over-hyped and has become a “status symbol” more than anything else.

BTW, what happened to TAG Heuer’s SpaceX program?

And I’d like to know current status of TAG Heuer’s Connected statistics. Any real dent towards Apple Watch world dominance?
Edited:

Ah yes sorry I wasnt talking about the Skodas on the list like Longins, Tissot and Swatch. I was thinking more about TAG and Omega who both keep making three obvious mistakes:

1. "Hey look here these are our 2500 new SKU's for this year"

2. Producing more than demand, keep pushing stock into grey market

3. No consistent identity within specific product lines. What is a Carrera/Speedmaster? "Well we are not sure but lets say its anything you want it to be dear customer!"
I do think, though, that present company aside, TAG are mostly marketing at a slightly different group of people to Rolex. You won't find a Rolex outlet in the mall for example. But you will find "designer" brands there. As you rightly point out, there's also a case of trying to be all things to all people which creates a bit of a confusing line-up.

Rolex is over hyped for sure, but they are one of those “brand names” that actually produces high quality. Unlike other products “name brands” like Bose, Coach, Nike etc who’s quality is very sub par.

TAG are mostly marketing at a slightly different group of people to Rolex
Yup and if they want more than 2% of the market they need to change this and do a long term strategy more similar to Rolex :thumbsup:

Yup and if they want more than 2% of the market they need to change this and do a long term strategy more similar to Rolex :thumbsup:
But my other point is that because of people's preconceptions about the various brands, it might be a lost cause, and erode the market they already have carved out. Can they really compete with and take on Rolex? It's certainly a risky strategy.

But my other point is that because of people's preconceptions about the various brands, it might be a lost cause, and erode the market they already have carved out. Can they really compete with and take on Rolex? It's certainly a risky strategy.
Of course impossible to answer but I just think its funny how short term all other brands are. This is of course due to the disease called listed companies, where share holders dont allow companies to invest in any real long term plans which have any big negative impact on the short term profits. But just looking at the numbers it looks very obvious to me that what Rolex is doing is indeed working and I would at least guess that brands like Omega, IWC and TAG could gain quite much in, say ten years, if they adopted more of the Rolex recipe.

Of course impossible to answer but I just think its funny how short term all other brands are. This is of course due to the disease called listed companies, where share holders dont allow companies to invest in any real long term plans which have any big negative impact on the short term profits. But just looking at the numbers it looks very obvious to me that what Rolex is doing is indeed working and I would at least guess that brands like Omega, IWC and TAG could gain quite much in, say ten years, if they adopted more of the Rolex recipe.
Yeah, I agree with that. Most chief execs don't last 10 years in the job these days, either because of results or personal ambition. It probably helps that Rolex is privately owned - they can afford to take a longer-term view.

It’s good to see in terms of sales, TAG Heuer is still among the TOP 10. Although I’m looking forward to see the brand even stronger and better than before. ::rimshot::

If not my love and passion for motorsports, I wouldn’t be into TAG Heuer, and I wouldn’t be into watches in the first place ::psy::